Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I'm leaving the hotel in about 30 min. for my lap band. So scared but going through with what will be my new beginning.

I'll come back to the hotel for a day then if everything is o.k. leave Tuesday morning.

Send a prayer for me if you have time.

Surgery from 9:00 central to 11:00.

I'll post when I feel like it.

Househuntress...

You are in my prayers and will be just fine! Today is the start of a brand new life and just think what you'll be like a few short months from now! We'll be waiting to see your before and after pics.

I just got a call from the hospital and I have to be there at 8:30 tomorrow morning. If all goes well, I'll be back here Wednesday. At least that's what I'm shooting for. I told the nurse what wonderful people and great advice I found on this site and she was impressed with everything I already knew because of what I've read here. So kudos to everyone here for all your information and support. And Househuntress.. you go girl!!!!!

I'm leaving the hotel in about 30 min. for my lap band. So scared but going through with what will be my new beginning.

I'll come back to the hotel for a day then if everything is o.k. leave Tuesday morning.

Send a prayer for me if you have time.

Surgery from 9:00 central to 11:00.

I'll post when I feel like it.

Good Luck! And don't worry, Carter is a great doc. :clap2:

Tracy -- Where are you????

Yes, I had real food last night and yes I was a little scared to swallow. But I chewed the tar out of that fish and I had little problem. And I sure didn't eat very much. In the hours that followed I did have 4-5 short bursts of pain in my sternum area but it was no big deal. It did, however, give me a glimpse of what it feels like to get something stuck. Motivation enough to chew, chew, chew let me tell you! The most amazing thing was how this little bit of food kept me satisfied all night long!!! :omg: I realize it won't always be this way, but it was an interesting view of things to come.

I dropped another 2 lbs.

This is the coolest thing ever.

Dear All,

A BIG HUG to all of you that are getting ready for tomorrow for your ops :) it is nerve wracking when your unsure whats a head of you, all I can say 7 days post op, I feel better and better, and much my old self. Do rest after the op, thats what will heal you, but do walk about too, as that will get rid of the gas quicker in your abdomen. By day 7 I took off all my steri strips on my tummy, and it feels sooooo much better :biggrin1: the scars are so tiny, the port one is about 1.5 inches long, but the others are no bigger than the lengh of my little finger nail, and there all healing nicely!!

Tracy, I do hope your feeling better today, its emotionally hard sticking to a liquid diet, facing your family who are eating what ever they want, when ever they want over a holiday period, and psychicing yourself up to get through until your band day, you'll get there hon, only another 2.5 weeks!! I bet youve lost loads of weight too!! So keep going were all here for you xx.

Well after 1 week after surgery folks I can now reveal my first weight loss

Da na na naaaaaaaa ...........13 lbs Lost :humble: I wish I could put it in flashing lights!!!! LOL, but unlike you guys I didnt do a pre op diet (& I should have done) But after 1 week after surgery all I can say is: Its the BEST thing I've Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not 1 regret!! :clap2:

Hugs Sara :(

wow Sara..you lost 13 pounds in ONE WEEK!!!!!!!! Holy Crapoli....lol....and Tracy is already eating food, only 5 days out!! Thats so encouraging. I have to admit that I have been up and down about my surgery, but hearing how successful everyone is has been a real motivator for me.

Good luck everyone!

Good Luck to everyone having surgery this week, I feel lost without being here all the time

My big day is a week from today, getting so excited!

Believe me Jenn, the time will go FAST!!! I can't believe I will be banded tomorrow morning. It seems like I just started researching the option and now here I am getting banded!! Just wish they had this 30 years ago, but better late than never!!!

That's what is so amazing right-Pat? A little goes a long way- I had heard it but, went on blind faith that it was true, and possible. Eat a small portion and feel full/ it's true! thank goodness, it is true! There is hope that this will work!!

Shineon- I'm sorry about your problem... you must have posted while I was saying night, night to Mazie. I was just saying, we were all doing so well, and not knowing you were having a difficult time. Have you been speaking to doctor about this?? I hope that you are all better ASAP. I'm sorry that this is uncomfortable for you. I hope doc. can do something. Are you getting enough Protein?

I feel a bit better today. I switched to tylenol yesterday & ate more protein which seems to have helped. I had nasuea in the evening but this morning I started the day with a Protein Shake and I feel pretty good. I think protein is the trick! I hope this holds out b/c that nasuea it the pits. Thanks for your encouragement.

I am with Jennifer, I am the day after her, I am getting nervous!!!!! Fortunately for me I will be SUPER busy at work (I am a hairdresser), so that will keep my mind off the upcoming surgery. I am having this done in conjunction with a large hernia that I have, so I actually am more nervous about that then I am about the lap band. I did lose an amazing amount of weight last week, so that is good, but now am worried because my period is going to start on Saturday, and always gain from that. I think I have 4 more pounds to lose before surgery (doctor wanted me to lose 50).

Tracy where are you!!!!! Thinking of you and hoping everything is fine!!!!!!

Jane

KEEP WAITING FOR TRACY TO POST????? WHAT IS UP GIRL????

Shine, so glad your feeling better. I agree, Protein is the key.

Terri, I bet that fish tasted good. It is probably a good thing that you had a little "discomfort" with the food, because you already are starting to learn about your band, its limitations, and yours. I don't wish discomfort on anyone, but the lesson that came from it is invaluable. And hey, lets face it...we all have some discomfort and lessons to learn in the weeks to come!

Sara, Good luck tomorrow!!! and to everyone else getting banded this week. You know we will be here waiting patiently for your posts as soon as your able. God Bless, remember, we are all in there with you!

My update...I am so proud of my self!!! I woke up at 6:15 this am and was at the gym by 6:35. My goal was to do 30 min on the stationary bike. The first 10 min was hard, the second 10 was easier, and the last 10 I was beaming w/ pride. As the time approached 30 min, I was so close to having done 5 miles! So I decided that that would be my goal. I am excited to say in 30 min 45 sec...I did 5 miles!!!

My RPM's ranged between 70-78 per min, which will be a goal increase as I get used to this again. This is day 7 and already did 5 miles. I feel a bit sore, but soooo much better than I did last week. Anyway, just wanted to share!

Have a great day!

Just checking in! I'm so excited for all of you!!! Everyone seems to be doing well in all the different phases of this journey: pre-op, op, post-op... I'm so thrilled for you guys and am cheering you all on!!

I'm in the black hole of insurance approval... I try to just "forget" that someone somewhere is reviewing my request & deciding my fate! I pray that "God's will be done"... and know that whatever the outcome, it is His perfect plan and that I can't control everything (that's a hard one for ME! :) ). I truly think that "Thy will, not mine, be done" is the most difficult prayer there is! I've decided to wait 2 weeks 'til I start following up on the approval... I think that's reasonable... when we're talking about the rest of my life here!!!

Again, YAY to everyone... what a great group!! ((hugs))