Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good evening fellow Shrink'n Violets..

Grandson Ethan turned 1 today and there was a cook out party for him.

Awwwwwwwwwwe how wonderful! I miss those years. My baby will be 19 on Monday - time flies when you're having fun. She's grown up SO fast!!! My oldest turned 24 in February. Within the next 5 yrs or so I'll hopefully have grandbabies too!!! :star:

Enjoy them while they're still little!!!:rolleyes:

Hi y'all---glad to see everyone doing ok. I sat at this computer most of the morning...I am doing a DVD of pictures through the years, to be shown at my folks anniversary party. Scanning them in, and organizing them into some semblense of order...then deciding on background music, and ripping it....it was time consuming!!! But they will LOVE it!!! I think then when I have a bit more time, that I will try to get most of their old pics transferred over to DVD, so they can pop one in and look at their old pictures. Maybe plan it for part of their next years Christmas. Make a set for myself while I am at it, and my brother.

After that, I met Rick over at the golf tournament, ate some shrimp--and boy did I want more!!!! They had big bacon wrapped grilled shrimp, yummy!!!!

From there we went to our friends house, where Rick helped her DH put a metal shed together, there must be a thousand or more screws involved!!!! They worked until we decided it was time for a ride!!! So we rode up to Durango, CO and had some mexican food for dinner. Walked around a bit, and come on home. Coming home, it was just after sunset, about 8:45, and we were keeping an eye out for deer. They are everywhere, and on a motorcycle, we watch carefully. We see our friends braking hard, which always sends my heart into my throat----it is not a deer it is a cow!!! So the guys run it out of the road, and we ran down to the house and alerted the owners.....scary!

Tracy, I fully understand the no wedding thing! Rick and I had both been married before, with the big wedding thing. We have a connection that is deeper than I could ever begin to describe, I had no doubts whatsoever that he was the one for me, but marriage???? Who needed that???? Well when he ask, I agreed, and then things went a bit nutso. Our families both are very involved in their respective churches. Mine being Methodist, his being Church of Christ. They began talking weddings, we would change the subject!!! One time when they had gone down to the homestead in Texas, my parents happened to be out of town at the same time...so off we ran to the judge!!! They were not thrilled....but both were happy we were now married, and no longer living in sin!!! Then many years later, our oldest DD (actually mine from the first marriage) was married and stationed in Hawaii. We went over to see her, and we did a 5 day tour of the other islands. When we went into the Fern Grotto, the tour guide said many people get married there...it was beautiful! So a year later, while she was still there, we took the other 2 kids over to visit with us, and we all went back to the Grotto, and we redid our vows with our kids there. It was relaxed, beautiful, and very emotional! I looked at him through mature, experienced eyes. I knew he had been with me through good and bad, and would always be by my side. My DD had this HUGE plumeria lei made for me, and to this day the smell of the plumeria, can take me right back to the musty green of one of the most wonderful days of my life....and in reality we had been married for almost 20 years at the time!!! Ride with it....if you ever want to do something different you always can!!

I would give the same advice to Laura---don't "do" the wedding the way everyone else wants or expects, or what etiquette says is right, do it your way!!! Just like you are, with the sand---very cool idea btw!!! Enjoy it most of all....take the time to let your heart absorb the reality of your love.

As has been pointed out, so lovingly by our Colorado Violet, we never know what lies ahead....and we need to remember to love with all our hearts, when we have it. TracyK, just remind him how each and every truck he has, will be loaded down as you move into your new house!!! My DH has 5 motorcycles!!! And at last appraisal over $85,000.00 in tools---and no that is not a typo!!! He has been a diesel mechanic for over 25 years. He no longer actually "wrenches" much anymore----but the Snap-On and Matco guys know him well anyway! I understand your hurt over your feelings not being considered, but keep in mind it could be bars and other women.....and have another talk---you never know when something will click and he will really hear you!!!!

Gotta go get some chocolate milk, my mexican food is burning my tummy!!!!

TTYL,

Kat

Good Morning all you Shrink'n Violets...

Today was weigh in and I MADE it!! I'm in ONEderland!!!! It's a beautiful day and life is good in bandland. :rolleyes:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

WOW JUDY!!!! 36lbs lost!!!

And the inches..the miles...are you a band angel? LOL

I think you may just be out front there...well done to you, you are an inspiration!!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Good morning violets!!

Judy-that is awesome. I am so envious!! I know how happy you must be...cause I will have to be pulled of the cloud when I reach ONEderland!

rho-z: I do not attend the meetings unfortunately. It is just too difficult being on a week night and having a 3 year old. I use this sight as my informational and supportive place. Thanks anyway!!

kat-I had a talk with DH last night. He had no idea how hurt I was. He apoligized and I really felt the sincerity. MEN....

denise-time does fly doesn't it? Macy (my DD) is almost 4 and sometimes I feel like I was just in labor & delivery!!

OK everyone, I ate a Taco the other day from Taco Bell. It was just a regular taco and it went down good...a little too good. I don't know why I am beating myself up over it. I guess I know deep down that I should not even try that stuff, and now I am on a guilt trip. I guess what I am asking is....is it OK? Is one every once in a while OK? I know the answer, I just want to hear it. I guess the main thing is that I don't want to feel like its OK to go to those drive-thru-heart attack places. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Happy Sunday everyone....

I think it is unrealistic to think that you will never eat fast food again. I think the band makes it possible to eat just one taco....and not five. Don't beat yourself up.

Good morning eveyone

I've been working my crazy part time thing helping out my step mom and it is so stinking hot and humid here that I've just been crashing. I am trying to get caught up today. R&R! LOL

I'm so glad to see everyone is doing so well. For me... I'm having a hard time. I went from 331 to 336. Ok so I know that will be gone in a few days. PMS is a huge factor in that, but I am retaining so much Water. It seems to happen every weekend when I work in the heat and on my feet. I am so swollen! I drink and drink while i'm there, but I don't sweat and I don't have to pee... so how can I fix that? Any suggestions will help.

Judy - congrats - you are amazing! What do you eat during the day? I have been eating the same thing but no help...I think I'm going to go back to 3 Protein Shakes a day and have a turkey burger or something solid when I go to the gym. I go back for a fill on the 12th. I am still not eating a ton but I don't feel the restriction so I think i'm eating much faster and not chewing enough.

It has been crazy...

anyway... again, any suggestions would be great - so frustrated.

You are all doing so well...

Have a great day!

Here's what I eat during the day.

Breakfast... 1 yogurt with Fiber Sure or 1 scrambled egg with Fiber sure and 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese cooked in.

Lunch... 1/4 cup tuna salad (they have a great packaged one at Walmart), 1/2 cup pineapple chunks mixed together and topped with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, then heated. OR... sliced deli turkey breast, 1 slice swiss cheese, 1 piece of red pepper sprayed with 10 squirts of Italian dressing (spray kind) and rolled up in one lettuce leaf.

Supper.. same as lunch.< /span>

Evening snack... yogurt with Fiber Sure mixed in

I don't eat between meals and I drink 64 oz. of Crystal Light Lemonade a day.

I am fine with this routine and it works for me. I have wanted something like the lap band for years and I'm bound and determined I will make this work! I'm very pleased with the results so far.

And Jen.. you're doing great!! You were banded after me and have lost 24#. That's SUPER!! Keep up the good work!! Has your doctor suggested a diuretic?? I take a Water pill once a week. Without it, I would be having some edema issues. But once a week seems to take care of that nicely.

Teachlady - Congratulations! You deserve all the praises and our adoraton. You are working very hard with your band. Good for you.

Kat - I liked what you said. I would love to meet another love to share the beautiful life we have been given.

On a personal note, I am considering scuba classes. Has anyone gotten certified and then rented equipment in Mexico?

Hugs and happy Sunday to all you Violets,

Ok ladies - I have an appt tomorrow with my doc, but I thought I'd get another point of view(s) before I go.

I had my surgery 5 weeks ago. Before the surgery I had been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. I'm not sure yet if my surgeon actually repaired it (he said he probably would) as I wasn't able to see him during my initial post-op appt and the op report wasn't available yet.

I haven't had to take my Aciphex since the surgery, however I've been able to eat much more than I was initially, probably 1 1/2 +cups of food at each sitting. I'm also eating spicier foods now that I'm on normal foods. My hearburn and reflux are back. You don't think that I've already damaged my band do you??? I'm supposed to have my first fill tomorrow, but I'm thinking they'll probably tell me to let my tummy rest. We'll see...Anyone elses thoughts???

Judy -

Thanks, that helps so much. I love routine too and eat the same thing every single day. I think i'm going to get some fiber sure tomorrow. I have not been regular since surgery and that might be the key for me.

I was going to go back to my shakes for Breakfast and lunch and a turkey burger for dinner. I'm going to find the right thing but no matter what, i need fiber in my stuff.

I do have a Water pill, but i stopped taking it because it was drying me out too much.

Thanks for the encouragement, 24lbs in 6 weeks is great... i just want to see a lb a week to feel like my hard work is paying off.

TracyK, you are going to have to look elsewhere for the good advice on tacos---especially Taco Bell tacos---I eat them regularly!!! I take my granddaughter and we share a kids meal!! We each eat a taco, she gets her cinnamon twists, and I take a drink of her tea before we eat, and it is a done deal for under 3 bucks, and she thinks it is a treat, because she gets the toy....I never get the toy----poor me!!!!

We make tacos here at home....I order them in most mexican places. just because I can eat them so easily. Maybe whoever puts you in line over eating them can chastise me too!!!!

Denise, my hiatal hernia tore loose again.....best thing to do is discuss it with your Dr. I am back to taking meds, and sleeping on an incline. Being reflux free was nice. Both of my parents have these problems, and neither are banded. Look at the number of meds out for the problem....it is a huge portion of the population. Odds are it is not band related....just anatomy related! But talk with your Dr. you'll feel better when you know for sure.

Today I spent finishing up the videos for my parents anniversary. Lots of memories, going through the pictures from the last 50 years! Another thing that shocked me is how much my daughter and granddaughter look like me!!! My gosh our pictures at 2 years old could all be mistaken for the same child. How is it, I think they are adorable, and always thought I was a strange looking child???? LOL

Well school is out, I have 2 granddaughters tomorrow, so I better get some rest. Everyone take care!!!

Kat

Hey Everyone~

Had a great weekend, hope everyone else did too.

Yesterday, as I was driving home, I was starving. I told myself, well, just one time w/ fast food wont kill you. If you all remember, I swore, "I'd never eat fast food again!!!" My problem is I love fast food.

Since March 21, I have not had any diet coke or fast food. I am very proud of myself. Well, I pulled off the freeway where I saw a mini-mart. As I pull in to the place, I see that the mini-mart is connected to...MC DONALDS! Man, this was tough. Remember, it is 6:30am, and I am starving. I enter on the mini-mart side, and got my coffee and small bag of pretzels. I know it is not the healthiest of foods, but it would tie me over until I got home to make my Protein Shake.

It smelled so good in there. This was a major challenge for me, and I am proud that i did it!!!:clap2:

This is not to make TracyK feel bad about her taco. It is just personal for me. Since March, I have slept so well and my skin is looking great! I did make the exception for Panda Express as my only "fast food". I ate that for the first time last week, and during my drive to Phoenix last weekend, my feet swelled up because of the sodium in that food, but, it tasted so good.

Anyway, I consider this a victory for me! I hope you all are doing well. I get my first fill this Friday, and am looking forward to it. I am glad, I think my partner can go w/ me.

Going to work out today after school! Have a great day everyone! Seems a little quiet around here!:kiss