Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Kat - thanks for sharing a little of your life with us. I enjoyed hearing about the Fiesta Days - fair, carnival, rides, grandkids and all. To think we used to get really worried about social occasions and food. How it will look to eat...what others will think if I eat that..... or that much....pretending not to eat, but wanting it so badly then bindging for days after to make up for the food I didn't eat in front of other people. It is amazing how our perception of the world is as affected by our weight loss, as their perception of us. I love that I can really pick and choose and not stuff, yet feel really satisfied. Hurrah for our bands. You have worked so hard for this feeling of contentment. Good for you! Bravo!

hey everyone, i'm glad you all are doiong so well, I am so tired - just finished putting a fence around my pool. Before you are all amazed, it was a fence I had on the side of my house I took down, recycled and used to keep the dog away from my pool parts. it was hard work, but since I am still jobless, I don't have funds for new fence parts.

The puppy is happy that he got to run without being caged up.

Anyway, just took a pain pill and about to pass out. Hope you all have a great night

Good morning all you Shrink'n Violets!!

I'm up at the crack of dawn so I can drive 62 miles to go to the end of the school year Breakfast at the school from which I retired back in 2004. I can't believe I got up at 4:30 each and every week day morning for 32 years.. YIKES!!! But I do remember this quiet time. Nobody else is up and around.. not even my yorkies. Just me, the puter, the radio and my thoughts.

I'm going to fix my scrambled egg and cheese before I go and then have fruit when I get there. Course it will be Crystal Light time on the way home. Then I'm going to get my TB test read and take a nap so I can function the rest of the day.

DH is doing very well with everything. Course he is getting bored with the liquids and says he is getting hungry, but it's head hunger at this point and I'm being the eternal cheerleader letting him know he CAN do it and it WILL get better. We walked the dogs last night and will do the same tonight. It's our together time now that we can't spend time in the hot tub together until his incisions are all healed. Course by then the weather will be too warm for the hot tub. The pool temp was up to 75 today.. just 5 more degrees and I can get in. Weather is supposed to get gradually cooler so it might still be awhile before I can use it.

Well, time to make my breakfast and curl my hair. Everyone have a great Friday and remember to follow those bandster rules!!

Hey Girlies...

Day 3 of healing... I think I feel pretty good... chest still tight (doing the breathing thingy) and incisions are itchy... I think I'm doing ok getting liquids in... as the day goes on, I feel "fuller", for instance last night I told my family that it felt like I'd eaten a turkey dinner when all I'd had is a few spoonfuls of chicken broth! Weird. I guess my bod is just adjusting to everything. Haven't gotten on the scale, will wait 'til Tues at my doc app't. Have had a few fleeting thoughts of "omg what have I done what do I have inside me!?" but I let them come & then breeze on through, did not invite them to stay awhile!

Feeling lightheaded... need to go get some protein... bbl.

WOOOHOO! I'm down 17.2 lbs since surgery a month ago! I got up this morning and weigh 236.6!!!

Have a great Friday ladies!!!!

Hello Violets,

I miss Tracy and I hope the problem gets fixed fast!

I am playing hookey today! I am going to the beach to see my DP this weekend, and thought I'd get an earlier start than leaving after school. I know, bad bad girl...but this is a tough time of year...we will just call it "mental health day"! Anyway, I am excited. We are gonna go to the beach later, have lunch and walk around! Sounds great.

I worked out this morning, 2nd time this week. But I realized that it is June 1st, so, I am off to a good start. My goal is ((drumroll please)) 20 days of 45 min at the gym or more. There, it is official.

Have a great June 1st ladies. It is amazing how good I feel after a workout.

Judy~I hope you enjoyed the breakfast.

Michelle~ Keep resting.

Everyone else~ have a great weekend. Check back later!

I am in the process of writing a quick bit to read regarding my parents, how they met, etc. a quick synopsis of their 50 years. Mainly to thank them for the amazing job they did as parents, I have always felt loved, and cared for by them, but also for the guiding hand in showing us how a loving relationship works....with one another, as well as with God.....for giving us a wonderful example to follow in our own lives. I'm not one to get up and speak publicly unless it is necessary either, but this is something I want to do...for them.

That's really beautiful Kat...I feel the same about my parents. They gave their all for us.

I know when I have kids they will be as cherished as we always were.

Hi Ladies! I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm ready to go home now. I wish I could leave early like you Pamela! Have fun at the beach. It looks like it might be pool weather here in Houston this weekend. Hopefully no more rain! I work in the carwash industry so rain just kills us! I hope everyone has a good weekend. My Godmother is coming from Mexico to visit me. I'm so excited. I haven't seen her since I got surgery. Hopefully she'll be able to see a difference in my appearance. I can't really see it yet. Oh! I wanted to let everyone know that I have some clothes that I am giving away. I have like 10 shirts size 22/24. Some of them are 3/4 sleeve, some of them long sleeve and some of them short sleeve. They are all the cotton t-shirt like shirts. Not button blouses. Just pull-overs. I also have like 6 size 46D bras. Everything is in good condition. I never put any of my clothes in the dryer for fear of shrinkage. Anyone interested? Just PM me and I'll send them your way. These are good transition clothes...

Morning ladies!

This morning I got on the scale and didn't have my glasses on.. so I squint, I squint.. I go oooo is that a 2?! So I run get my glasses LOL, and I look, and its 300.5 :tired

Oh well. At least I'm not gaining or anything, yea?

First fill coming up, I can't wait!!!! 5 more days!!! And the day before, I'm having a root canal.. eek..

Please oh please let this fill get me some adequate restriction. :clap2:

Hey April Banders - I need some advice and I thought since you guys are farther down the road, you would know the answers.

I am two weeks post op and my port site is still very swollen. It looks like a small football cut in half and laid under my skin. Do you all think it will go down with time or is there something in there that should be drained. How long should I wait for the swelling to go down?

I have seemed to hit a plateau big time! Not one ounce in a week and all I'm having is Three Protein Shakes plus 64oz of Water. I might get a glass of SF drink and a popsicle in there. What could be causing the stall out?

I know some of you might have had these issues so I would really love to hear from you. Thanks

Wen- I didn't have much swelling that I could see.. I know they say you have swelling and it goes down, and I've also read about abdomen surgery where they have to drain the swelling (it becomes like a pocket full of fluid). Your doctor would be the best to answer, if I were you I would give them a call and ask about it! That's what they're there for :confused:

It could be completely normal, or they may think that's more swelling than it should be and would ask you to come in and look at it. I wouldn't worry about it, but definitely call them!

Plateaus are completely normal too, we all hit them. I've been on one too.. there's no good answer for them, they just happen, and then all of a sudden you'll lose again. Some people say exercise helps!

I haven't posted in a while, but I read this thread almost every day for encouragement. I went for my first fil yesterday and was very disappointed because my doctor was not there...he had to do an emergency surgery so I had to reschedule for next Thursday. I haven't lost any weight for a long time it seems so I am ready to have some restriction!

Teach....I have to Yorkies too! Aren't they just the best dogs ever?

Gina

Hi Violets!

laura - You are soooooo close, you'll be there soon. I know that is how I feel too. I want it NOW!

Wenjea - I had a lot of port swelling. I iced, and iced and it would still bulge. When I got a fill one month after surgery there was a pocket of serus Fluid that the doc hit going into the port. It gushed out when he pulled the needle out. I don't have swelling anymore. So maybe what you have is that. Mine wasn't just absorbed by my body, like they said it would.

ginabobeana - sorry your doc had an emergency, sucks actually because you were all geared up. I hope you can get filled at the next appt.

Teach - let us know how it feels to go back. There is a part of me that "goes home" when I go back into my school. Tho' after being there a while, the memories, some not so great, come back, and it feels wonderful to walk out without feeling responsible for everything. Hugs.

mdrai - so glad your healing is going well. You are a star! I was really grateful for my healing time becuase I didn't feel that gnawing hunger. Yeah!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Teach....I have to Yorkies too! Aren't they just the best dogs ever?

Gina

They sure are!! Here are my babies Chippy (in back) and Kirby. DH says it takes a real MAN to walk these dogs!

post-215048-13813135031219_thumb.jpg

Hi Gina,

How did your first fill go...?????

Well -- I reminded my doctor that I HATE needles and get faint during blood draws. He said I will be fine.. So they weighed me and took me in front of the xray -- located and showed me the port --

I asked --(stupidly) what is the ring just below the port -- the doctor said that's my wedding ring - the xray tech -- said yeah - he has been looking for it everywhere. I said --oh so that makes me your 2nd wife! We all laughted.

He came back -- and said this won't hurt nothing like the IV did -- I told him I plan on NEVER doing that again --if i can help it!

He swabbed me with COLD alchol and gave me a shot to numb the area ( 3 second sting) -- okay at this point got a little weird feeling - so I started talking to the nurse to take my mind off the procedure - he has now gottten the needle in the port -- and the Nurse and Doctor decide -- "she doesn't look good" -- "let's get her a chair."

"Breath - Breath" -- I apologized -- Nurse takes my pulse -- "you have barely have a pulse -- keep breathing!"

"Okay -- I feel better -- let's get this done!" I stand - he still has the needle in -- (thank goodness) Says I have .5cc's in there - fills me - asks me to drink the barum -- "are you okay???" I respond "ahh.. yea --sure let's just get done"

I drink some Barium and he takes the cup and has me rotate 180degrees and places me in the chair --- I think I am done -- but OH NO I AM NOT. I guess I was passing out -- so with wet wash clothes on my neck and face we relax and just talk. I feel so bad -- so I said -- "I Just love doctor T. so much -- I wanted to make our time together --last as long as I can... everyone laughs...

We go back up to the xray after 15 minutes -- he shows me in the xray the cup of barium almost sideways and tells me and the others -- "this is when I knew we were losing her" -- the cup was almost at a 90 degree angle.

He had me look at the 2 tech's -- the one promised me he'd take me dancing after this is completed!

He had to put the needle back in - missed the first time and clunck in the 2nd time -- filled me - I drank barium -- he took some Fluid back out. and sat me on the gurney.

Thank god I was done -- the doctor was explaining to me I had .5 and he placed another 2 cc so I have approx 2.5cc -- I had to ask him to tell me that again -- I wasn't comprehending and wanted to know the #'s --they have me stay for another 15 minutes -- before they let me go to the waiting room to take as much time as I needed.

They took the next patient back and I sat talking to another girl there for her 3rd fill -- and here comes the girl they just took back -- and I said -- see how quick she was -- she said when she entered the room - everyone asked -- are you going to pass out on us -- they all laughed.

They will remember ME!

I have lost of restriction -- on liquids.

Have a great day - Thanks for asking!