Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi! I am back from my surgery on the 16th. It went very well except I vomitted several times the first night. They finally got that under control. I didn't have the barium swallow (or anything to drink) for about 36 hours after my surgery. The x-rays showed that the band wasn't damaged from my vomitting....thank God!

I am sore but only taking Tylenol. I have to take naps but seem to feel better and better. I couldn't wait to get on here and read how everyone was doing....but then our site was down. So glad it is back up and all is well.

When I cooked during mushies, I just cooked normally, and made sure there was some part of the meal I could eat.

You could do chicken & dumplings---and puree yours

same with beef stew---you could make her some fresh homemade bread for hers

Enchiladas (mexican is my favorite!) and you could have the insides mushed up. Add a side of refried beans...mmmmm

Grill her a steak, make some mashed potatoes & gravy---I think you know which part YOU get!!!!

Bake some salmon, with some sort of sauce---also with potaotes, you could make a decent meal for yourself

Make a nice lasagna, and bake yourself a small dish of ricotta cheese, and the sauce, it is better than it sounds!

What is her favorite meal---maybe we can brainstorm a way to do it for both of you....

Tracy---boys are adorable!

Kat

Sara,

What a GREAT photo! You are radiating :clap2:

Tracy,

You boys are also very cute! I bet they are a handful!;) They look close in age. I have three girls which I think are easier to handle when they are little, but when they hit that teen stage.. dear God! Girls are so emotional. :bandit

Angie- LOL I always said I wanted girls.. my fiance says we'll likely have boys because his mom wanted girls and got 3 rowdy boys. My mom laughs when I say I prefer girls, and I know why.. she had 2 girls and a boy and me and my sister definitely were nutso emotional growing up LOL.

Thanks Kat,

Wow, now I am starving as I finish my Breakfast shake of 4oz of yougart, strawberry Unjury and 1/2 cup of skim milk, lol. I never thought about eating the stuff you mentioned. I did have 1/2 cup of refried Beans w/ a little cheddar on, OMG, they were sooo good. I like the lasagne idea, I did buy riccotta and I make a mean sause (I am Italian).

She likes meat and potatos...and gravy. She is German (came to USA when she was 20, so like, REALLY German). She hates salad, veggies, and anything low cal. Yes, she is a perfect size 10 (I know, we have a word for people like her...lol).

I hate meatloaf, and don't know how to make it but that might be good, w/ gravy and mashed pots. All I know is that I am really hungry now. I appreciate the ideas.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS OF SOMETHING SHE WOULD LIKE, AND THAT I CAN EAT ON THE MUSHIES? MAYBE AN IDEA OR RECIPE? I WAS THINKING A chicken CASEROLE (JUST NO NOODLES FOR ME). ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS

Hmmm. How about a yummy quiche and/or some lobster bisque? :hungry:

(Sorry, Pre-Opsters ... I'll stop now)

LOL Pam, I loved the anniversary joke!! I spoke to Dave an hr ago, I think were going to go out for dinner...hmm I should be fairly cheap to feed!! lol

Angie, thank you for the lovely compliment, bless ya!

Kat/Terry great food ideas.....I must admit, Im begining to think of food more often now....I must resist...I must resit....!!

Gina, glad to hear your back home!

Sara x

Hello everyone. How are you all doing? Well I have a crazy question. Has anyone ever heard of the chewable Protein? And if you have does it really work? I am thinking about getting some but before I do I wanted some feed back on it. Thank you to all my April lap band friends. Stacey

I had a thought: Scarry, I know. If I made lasagne or a Pasta dish, can I put my small peice in the Magic Bullet. I have heard some scarry stories about pasta (much to my dismay), but what if I blend the pasta into a lasagne Soup (should still taste the same). Any thoughts?

Pamela - I wouldn't chance it....but that's me. Have you experienced the flaming golf ball from hell in your sternum yet? If you had, I don't think you'd chance it either... BUT! ....maybe since you're not restricted yet, it will be alright.:ermm

Terry,

That is why I asked. The golf ball stories are scarry. I am sure I will have it in my life, but am trying to avoid it. Thanks!

Terry, did you have the flaming golf ball before you were filled for the first time? My dr. already allows bow-tie Pasta for the 2nd week post-op, but I'm afraid of eating pasta. I feel very restricted even though have not had a fill yet, was banded April 11.

Ok, I'm sick:sick I had a hard time sleeping last night, I woke up every 2hrs. with pain in my throat and also feeling it very tight. I couldn't go to work today so I went to the doc., and I have a very agressive streph throat:cry He gave me an antibiotic shot on my butt:kiss , and prescribed liquid antibiotic and gargles for the pain. I guess I'm still week from surgery, I went back to work Monday and was already sick yesterday.:tired I can't eat b/c of my throat not my band. Take good care of your self before and after surgery. It might seem a simple proccedure but still is surgery. I'm going to sleep now, I'm sooo tired from last night:notagree

wanabethin,

Sorry to hear you are sick...our pediatricians trick...1/2 teaspoon of Benadryl and 1/2 teaspoon any flavor of Maalox...gargle then either spit it out or go ahead and swallow it. It really helps ALOT!!!

Hope you feel better!

hey everyone

What great suggestions for mushies, I don't ever see myself getting there. It is hard for me to continue to drink all day but i'm forcing it. I have slight sholder pain, such a small area but boy does it hurt. No pain meds at all today which is great. I did have the golf ball thing. That was horrible and from something stupid.

I am not allowed mushies until May 3, that seems like so far away. I am feeling so run down, I read all you recent banders doing so much exercise and i don't want to do more than walk around the block. (which I have done several times)

Frustrating, I feel so good yet slightly helpless.

OK, so how happy am I that I'm having regular BMs!?!!

Is this a ridiculous thing to be so overjoyed about?