Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Thanks Kat,

Wow, now I am starving as I finish my Breakfast shake of 4oz of yougart, strawberry Unjury and 1/2 cup of skim milk, lol. I never thought about eating the stuff you mentioned. I did have 1/2 cup of refried Beans w/ a little cheddar on, OMG, they were sooo good. I like the lasagne idea, I did buy riccotta and I make a mean sause (I am Italian).

She likes meat and potatos...and gravy. She is German (came to USA when she was 20, so like, REALLY German). She hates salad, veggies, and anything low cal. Yes, she is a perfect size 10 (I know, we have a word for people like her...lol).

I hate meatloaf, and don't know how to make it but that might be good, w/ gravy and mashed pots. All I know is that I am really hungry now. I appreciate the ideas.

LOL!!!!!!!! yeah we have words for her....Size 10 and LOVES meat and potatoes! LUCKY ASS WOMAN!! :confused:

Seriously... maybe a shepherds pie.. (google it and I'm sure you could come up with a good recipee) but if it were me I'd want my italian partner to make me some Lasagna!!!!!!!!! and the riccotta and sauce sounds good. I think I may make that one myself when I'm ready!

Hello Everyone,

Im doing very well. I was banded on 4/16, I have not had a BM yet. How long did it take you all. I am passing the gas which my doctor said is a good thing. The shoulder pain is mild, I sleep with a heating pad. My incisions are so small and neatly done. I am really happy with the aftermath so far. Thank you all for your help and advice.

Hello All,

Well I'm proud :biggrin1:

my anniverasry night, Im totally pickled,

LOL Sara!!!!!!!!! You naughty little fish!

OK, so how happy am I that I'm having regular BMs!?!!

Is this a ridiculous thing to be so overjoyed about?

:clap2: :biggrin1:

Shocking your body with a calorie increase, or exercise increase might help bump the weight loss again. You have now lost all the Water, and Fluid weight, and your body is probably taking an inventory here---and not liking what it is finding---you are starving it!!! I know you are still on liquids, so you might hit a lull, until you can move on to the next stage. Until then, work on increasing movement maybe---it will help keep your metabolism up.

It is such a guessing game!!! I know they say you have to burn more calories than you take in..... period.......but I have also found, that too many days of just that and my body sets out to show me who is boss, and weight loss stops! Now during those times, I am still dropping inches---so check that---it helps mentally!!! I have lost a lot of inches, during times that my weight is stabalized. I have weighed near this weight for some time however when I first hit this point, I was wearing a tight size 16---now my 14's are loose---so my body continues to morph, whether the scale moves or not!

Don't know if any of you use them, but the DaVinci syrups changed their shipping costs---they went down. They have tons of sugar free flavors---they can make the Protein Shake stage so much tastier!!!

I actually use the Syrup in several different ways--I use it in my oatmeal even!

As far as blending the lasagna---it might be ok. The problem I have with pasta---to this day---and I am almost a year out. Th Pasta "grows" once I eat it. Have you ever put a pot of homemade chicken noodle Soup in the fridge, and when you get it out the next day, the noodles have soaked up the entire pot of liquid? I feel like it tries to do that in my stomach! The pasta keeps increasing in size, and then has problems passing! I chew it into small pieces, but in my stomach they swell, and then pass through the stoma very slowly. I can eat an average of 2/3 to 1 cup of food per meal, but with pasta, I can only do about 1/4 of a cup. Blended, it may be ok, but I would use very little of the pasta, and use mostly the filling. I have the same issue with potatoes---and it is the same with potato soup, I cannot eat as much of it as I can say vegetable soup---go figure!

Have a good one!!! (those of you celebrating bathroom successes, can take this as you wish!!!)

Kat

After about 6 or 7, I was dying, my stomach muscles hurt at the port site. I finally raised the white flag and had to quit.

OK Pamela........... that is just not fair :confused: ........ dropping subject now.

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!!!!

I spent about 2.5 hours at Menorah yesterday. What I thought was a simple blood test and meeting with Anesthesia, turned into ….. BLOOD, URINE, EKG, Chest X-RAY, Meeting with a Respitory therapist, and finally meeting with an Anesthesia Doctor………..

Well I just got a public email scolding from my mother........ I copied her in on a Friday Update I sent to a bunch of my real life friends........I won't go into it, but it involves my son and dbfs motorcyle yesterday....... anyway, she replied with a totally OUT OF LINE email and she REPLIED TO ALL instead of just me.... I am nearly 40, and I am really super irritated, because now everyone thinks my mom is whacked out.......

OH... and did I mention to you all.. that I own and ride my own motorcycle? So I'm a CRAZY BIKER WOMAN that works at a CONVENT!!! (baaaaaaaaaaawa)......

OK since I have been writing this....... she keeps sending hideous emails.. I have to stop reading them now.. I am flat out p.o.'d

Sorry Mom is being difficult.....

Tell us about your bike! I used to ride, I laid mine down about 18 months ago---and no longer wish to ride myself, I let DH cheuffer me around now. Some people refer to my position as the bi#*h seat, I call it the QUEEN seat!!!

Kat

Got a call back from the lap band center. Nurse says.. DON'T WEIGH EVERY DAY!! She said the rapid loss at the beginning was all the fluid.. just like was said in here. The rest just has to come off when it's ready. And weighing every day makes one frustrated.. like me!! Soooooooooo now it will be Wednesday and Sunday weigh ins. I gotta have DH hide the scales for me..

I haven't had a BM for 4 days and she said wait til Monday and if I haven't had one by then to call and they'd get me something to speed up the process. I take Fibersure every day and don't feel uncomfortable or bloated sooooooo will just wait on that.

Good morning, everyone!~~

Sounds like everyone is at their own levels of good -- BMs & Os galore! :confused: (Hey -- we've got to take our pleasures where we find them!)

No surgery date yet. I'm still w-a-i-t-i-n-g. The gal from the surgeon's office e-mailed me on Weds and thanked me for being patient. HA! I e-mailed her today and admitted that I was NOT patient, and would love to hear from her today. We'll see.

Tracy -- a week from today you'll be on the other side! Now YOU have been patient!

Have a great weekend everyone... here in the East it's actually supposed to be sunny & warm... kinda like, you know -- SPRING is supposed to be! Finally!

Tracy.. sorry to hear about your difficulties with your mom. Can you just block her emails for a bit til she simmers down???

My stomach muscles hurt so bad. I am tempted to call the doctor, but am way toooo embarrassed. Guess I will just have to wait this out. :confused: I was hoping someone could tell me it goes away?

Tracy, I had a mom like that. Then when she got sick, I took care of her for 8 years before she passed 2 1/2 years ago. SHE DROVE ME CRAZY FOR 37 YEARS...but now she is gone, I miss her. Take a deep breath, and smile...she is your mom...gotta love/deal w/ her...it is written in the mom/daughter contract. A wonderful book reccommedation on the subject is My Mother/My Self by Nancy Friday.

Have a great day!

Teach --

IMHO, once a week is even better. I know it's hard... but it's soooooooooo worth it to break the "pin all our hopes & happiness on the scale" addiction. + you'll get to see even bigger drops from one weigh-in 'til the next. As I said, just MHO. ((hugs))

Thanks, Mdrai. I'll try to wean my addiction to the scale as I wean my addiction to food!! arghhhhhhh

DH will have to lock the scale up and bring it out only once a week.. later. I'll do the 2X a week for a bit.. hehehe