Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hello All,

Well I'm proud :biggrin1:

You are all going to be probably disgusted at me, at breaking the bansters rules, but its been my anniverasry night, Im totally pickled, but although I dont have restriction....listen to this.............

Dave tok me to an italian resteraunt, and I thought I like two courses..so I ordered Pasta carbanara, then 2nd course a slice of salmon with fries...and red wine (& dave drove) ....

Ok, I have NO restriction....I started eating the patsa cabonara....3 mouthfulfuls later...Im choking,...I cant eat it...so I give my starter to Dave....and drink Water and red wine (thank god I can drink red wine) the second course arrives...I have a slice of salmon and watercress sause...& chipss ( was desperate to taste a chip again).....4 chips later and half of a slice of salmon (were talking tiny guys) I am stuffed..even Dave cant eat my salmon as Ive over killed him on my left over salmon & chips....OMG I cant eat???????? but blow me down I can drink, but I cant hold it............

Folks,, this band is a mirical cure???????? I could drink like afish (& I cant now) and eat like nobody, & I dont have a restriction.........good lordy, why didnt I do this sooner???????????

Yours in amazement!

Sara xxxxxx

Sara, thats really encouraging to me! I feel I have adequate restriction with my band right now (doctor said he thought I would) without a fill. If I gulp too much Water right now, I burp and feel a knot. I'm hoping when I know I can eat 'real food' again, that anytime I decide to be adventurous, the band will just keep me in line. To know if I am about to eat too much, it's there to remind me not too! Sounds like it did that for you :eek:

I hate not being able to guzzle water right now, I'm very thristy at this very moment and sipping doesn't quench me.

I was thinking the same thing, I can't drink Water right now so how in the world am I ever going to eat real food.< /p>

I don't get mushies until May 3 and that even seems too soon, but I'm sure as I feel better that will go away too.

Jennifur- We're both swollen from surgery right now and body is adjusting, I'm sure this will pass :eek:

Jennifur- We're both swollen from surgery right now and body is adjusting, I'm sure this will pass :eek:

holy crapola - today seems worse than yesterday, I feel better but feel like every little sip is like a rock in my stomach. I was suppose to have an appt with my nutritionist tomorrow and they rescheduled, I was kind of looking forward to going to get some suggestions.

Well I had my first golfball pain today from Water. I drink a big sip without thinking (I was reading the forum) and it hit me all of a sudden. I was nauseated and my stomach was tight and it was hard to breath.. so I just didn't move for a minute while it 'squish squish squished' down. Then I burped. Whew. I think I almost did this a couple times in the past few days. My body just wants water, so I just start drinking without thinking.. I've even taken a mouthful of water and spit some out once I realized how much I took. But I have to say, this does encourage me for my future weightloss! If this is how restrictions will feel once I get a fill, I should be good to go.

OK, so how happy am I that I'm having regular BMs!?!! Is this a ridiculous thing to be so overjoyed about?
LOL No, it's not ridiculous....'cause when it happened to me I was so happy that I wanted to post about it too....but I thought, "I'm sure NOBODY CARES!!" Apparently you would have! LOL

Jenn & Laura - Just hang in there...a day or two longer and the difference will be dramatic. No matter what, keep on tryin'. Have you been eating popsicles too?

Sara - You are hilarious!!! So glad you can still get your wine in!! I had some too the other night...about 1/2 what I normally do. Yeah, I'm pretty amazed as well that I"m surviving on 800-1000 cals/day. It's downright wierd!

Bubbles - I had just a hint of the flaming golf ball the first time I had some fish and mashed potatoes. Probably just ate a little too much...but I can imagine what a real golf ball feels like!! YEOWWW! ...and No, I haven't had a fill yet, but i was still swollen at the time. My doc is pretty insistent that Pasta, bread and rice are not allowed...too many people have problems with them.

wanabethin,

Sorry to hear you are sick...our pediatricians trick...1/2 teaspoon of Benadryl and 1/2 teaspoon any flavor of Maalox...gargle then either spit it out or go ahead and swallow it. It really helps ALOT!!!

Hope you feel better!

Thanks for the advice!:nervous The gargles that my Dr. prescribed are pretty much that mix that you are saying with something else. I'm feeling much better today:clap2:

And for those complaining about having the first fill 5 or 6 weeks after surgery, guess what I just found out today: MY DR. REQUIRES 90 DAYS AFTER SURGERY FOR THE FIRST FILL!:faint: NO EXCEPTIONS:cry :phanvan :eek: :angry :tired Whatever:tired My first fill is schedule for July 2nd. I have no restriction now so imagine then. I guess I'll have to go on a diet:eek:

Thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery for those who will be banded tomorrow!! Continued thoughts and prayers also for all those who have been banded this month. We gotta stick together from now on and keep track of each other.. we're the April 07 Group!!! I think we need a special nickname for our group. Any ideas????

Judy

Katschai - 04/20 :clap2:

NWJenny - 04/20 :clap2:

My doctor said for a little while ice-cold anything will not be good. I don't remember why?? He said it's not permanent -'just for now'. So I've been *trying* to avoid ice cold.. in drinks I always order 'no ice' my whole life anyway, not a fan of cold cold drinks. I have been eating fruit chillers.. I love em. They're not sugar-free, but there is no added sugar and they are small cups. I eat the strawberry, its like a slush and you freeze it and it hardens up, and melts really quickly as you eat it, so it's not like ice ice.

I also have some good sugar-free popsicles (a couple different brands), I eat 1-2 frozen popsicles of some sort every day so far. I'm really craving something salty.. Tired of Jello & popsicles. I've been straining chicken noodle Soup and just eating the broth. It does fill me up, but I get tired of the same food. It's only been since Friday!! I had an awesome french onion soup strained from some steak house the day before surgery, wish I could get a gallon of that to go. Was just the broth, and it was SO delicious. I have read some liquid recipes, about cooking chicken and veggies, etc. and then just drinking the broth.. but 1. I'm not a cook 2. the food would go to waste (because I would probably cook it bad, so the actual food part would be yuck and fiance is a picky eater)

Anyone have any good ideas they've come up with during this clear liquid phase? My doctor told me about straining chicken noodle soup.. I also bought 3 jars of gravy from the store.. chicken, beef, turkey.. I put about 2 tsp of gravy in a sushi wasabi dish (it's a little bowl), and fill it with Water (about 2 tbsps) and mix it.. so its a clear liquid with some broth-like flavor.. It's not my favorite though.

Hi Everyone,

I mean no offensive. Please forgive me in advance for my R rated post, but this is important.

I had 2 Lapband firsts tonight:

1. Lots of sex!

2. dinner in a resturaunt.

(In that order, and notice where the exclamation point is).

Anyway, starting w/ number 1. Well, um, everytime I climaxed, it hurt my port site. After about 6 or 7, I was dying, my stomach muscles hurt at the port site. I finally raised the white flag and had to quit. The pain got worse w/ each one. Has anyone else had this and more importantly, does it go away after I heal more. Sorry to be so, well, you know, but sex is an important part of life, and I was not happy (well, I guess happy is not the right word) with the first experience.

Number 2 was great. I was starving from number 1, and ordered salmon, mashed pots and cottage cheese, instead of carrots (yuck). Needless to say I have a bunch of food for tomorrow, but it was great. It felt great to just be out, like other people. I made the salmon really wet w/ tarter and the pots w/ au jus (sorry for my preop friends, but this is exciting).

All in all it was a great night, but the pain in #1. Would like to know if this happens to others, and again more importantly if it goes away!:embarassed: