Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Laura - You haven't said if you're on pain meds...those will be the most likely culprit if you continue to feel nauseous. If that is the case, try to scale back on them or take a smaller dose if you can. Maybe see if tylenol does the trick...or alternate them.

Yes, you most def can lose 3# in one day after surgery. They load you up with Fluid (via I.V.) and it's gotta come out eventually!

:Banane09:HELLO ALL!!!!!!!!

Tater: I saw that you posted over on the Dr. K thread that you didn't have surgery but I didn't catch why. GOSH that is weird. I hope today goes as planned!

Hi all, I am back home! Tried to get on here yesterday. but could not.

The surgery went well, I have had very little pain, and NO gas!!! PTL!

Have been sleepin and walking. I have a bit of a pain at the porthole site.

It was an experience!

Teachlady, you have been a great inspiration to me! And. all the rest of yous also. Lauria, good to see you are banded, and all my fellow April bandsters! Thanks for all of your support!!!:rolleyes:

Terri- They kept me loaded up on demerol at the hospital, and I never got sick from it. They sent me home with liquid codine.. I have been trying to take it sparingly, even in the hospital I don't like being doped up, I just want the edge taken off the pain. I bought liquid tylenol and plan on using that today. But I feel SO much better today (I had a LOT of gas last night.. so hopefully that's why I was in pain and now it's all subsiding). Only pains I have now are being sore.. and when I burp/cough/hiccup/swallow too fast.. I get the knot and it hurts. The excruciating pain that I didn't expect is finally gone.. whew. I took a shower today and afterward, put betadine around the steristrips and put new gauze over them. They told me I didn't need to put anything over them (they had gauze) once I took my first shower, but I'm paranoid. They said the strips should peel off in about a week and I can take them off then. I will have to post pics of my incisions soon.. It's a little crescent shape starting mid-breast, wrapping down to my left side.. 5 of them. I think I figured out where my port is, but there is no unusual pain in the port incision vs. any of the others.. they're all just tender. It's only slightly bigger than the rest, and had 2 holes beside the incision (looks like needle holes?) They gave me a shot of blood thinner before the surgery, which surprised me.. it has left a decent bruise in my leg where they injected it.. Other then that, no bruising around the incisons..

I had withdrawl this morning without waking up to LBT. Glad we back on, I guess they listened to Teach, lol!

Laura, I just wanted to comment about the Steri strips. I am 2 weeks and one day out, and still have mine on. I accidently pulled one off too soon, (I had 5, 3 horizontal and 2 vertical), a vertical one, and I was a week out. It pulled the scab and started bleeding, and left me a little whole. I swear it hurt so bad for about 3 days until a new scab formed. Anyway, I was told to let them fall off on their own.

I am pissed, I put 2 pounds on since Sat, because I started eating purreed food. I don't want to gain. And I am getting hungrier and hungrier. Off to lunch now...thank goodness, I am starving!

Have a great day everyone. Going to the gym tonight!!! Looking forward to it, it has been a week, I have to work on my schedule.

Ok, I'm sick:sick I had a hard time sleeping last night, I woke up every 2hrs. with pain in my throat and also feeling it very tight. I couldn't go to work today so I went to the doc., and I have a very agressive streph throat:cry He gave me an antibiotic shot on my butt:kiss , and prescribed liquid antibiotic and gargles for the pain. I guess I'm still week from surgery, I went back to work Monday and was already sick yesterday.:tired I can't eat b/c of my throat not my band. Take good care of your self before and after surgery. It might seem a simple proccedure but still is surgery. I'm going to sleep now, I'm sooo tired from last night:notagree

:update:

I am officially banded! Yesterday I was kind outta here, because of residuol anesthesia, but I am only on Tylenol and antibiotics. So, I even ventured upstairs to my bed for a good night's sleep. It was wonderful

i also made a mistake and got on a scale. I had gained :rolleyes: 11 pounds from right before the surgery. Whew ! That seems like an excessive amount of Water weight. But I have been bouyed to know that many of you have had the same experience.

Just wanted to let you know I am alive and kicking.

Hi All!

Well I made it through a 13hr day at work!! Feel knackard, but it'll get easier :D

Tracy, how your other half today? Maybe Terrys right, and you ought to keep a away abit from him? Has he sweated it out yet? Cor Tracy just saw the list of all of banded so far, theres masses of us!! WOW

Terry hey thoughs charts are cool!! Ive been keeping a written journal of what Ive ben eating and the cal content (basically incase my dietician wants to see it, I have to see her in 4 weeks time when I get my 1st fill), but its a really good idea!

Laura & Dynamo, Im pleased youve both made it through the op ok, it does hurt, but I promise you by day 4 it will be a lot less painful, when I had the op, I though why didnt anyone tell me it was gonna be this painful?? But everyones different and some people hardly get any pain. Your 'band sisters now!' Dynamo some people do put a lot of Fluid on after the op, and scales do show it, just depends on your circulation, it will go soon enough :)

Sara xx

:Banane09:HELLO ALL!!!!!!!!

Tater: I saw that you posted over on the Dr. K thread that you didn't have surgery but I didn't catch why. GOSH that is weird. I hope today goes as planned!

Tracy.. Tater said they had to cancel surgery cause her throat swelled shut from a breathing tube too large. Never heard of that before!! Hope things go much better for her today!

I had withdrawl this morning without waking up to LBT. Glad we back on, I guess they listened to Teach, lol!

Laura, I just wanted to comment about the Steri strips. I am 2 weeks and one day out, and still have mine on. I accidently pulled one off too soon, (I had 5, 3 horizontal and 2 vertical), a vertical one, and I was a week out. It pulled the scab and started bleeding, and left me a little whole. I swear it hurt so bad for about 3 days until a new scab formed. Anyway, I was told to let them fall off on their own.

I am pissed, I put 2 pounds on since Sat, because I started eating purreed food. I don't want to gain. And I am getting hungrier and hungrier. Off to lunch now...thank goodness, I am starving!

Have a great day everyone. Going to the gym tonight!!! Looking forward to it, it has been a week, I have to work on my schedule.

Pam.. I had the same thing happen to me. I got a little too cocky with the Steri strips and after one fell off, I figured I could easily get one off by myself. Big mistake. It bled and hurt for a couple of days. I have a regular bandaid on it now and I learned my lesson.. no pickie pickies!!

Hi all, I am back home! Tried to get on here yesterday. but could not.

The surgery went well, I have had very little pain, and NO gas!!! PTL!

Have been sleepin and walking. I have a bit of a pain at the porthole site.

It was an experience!

Teachlady, you have been a great inspiration to me! And. all the rest of yous also. Lauria, good to see you are banded, and all my fellow April bandsters! Thanks for all of your support!!!:)

My pleasure Margi!!! Guess we old ladies are a little luckier with the pain and gas. Ya think it's cause we're more tough skinned?? Or old?? Or forgotten what pain is supposed to be??:D

Whatever, just glad to hear you made it through and are now ready for the next part of your life.. the thin, healthy part!! Congrats!!!

Hello everyone! I posted briefly one day post-op but will share a little more details now that I am really back....

First of all, thanks to everyone here for your support, encouragement, sharing, and caring! In the hospital, I even wanted a computer so I could read y'alls posts!

I will mainly focus on pain here, becaue that is what I wanted to know more about as my surgery date approached.

My surgery was Monday (04-16) morning. When they woke me up from surgery, I had to go do the barium test without pain meds. I was begging for something for the pain, but the nurse said I had to be awake to stand infront of the xray machine. So they wheeled me to the xray room, had to stand, drink barium, wait a minute, then be still for the xray. Everything went down just fine, and they had a shot ready for my IV as soon as I sat down in the wheelchair. To be honest, I could have skipped that whole episode. But, it was necessary. I remember being so very relieved when they said the barium went down ok.

No catheder. This meant LOTS of getting up to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes or so during my entire overnight stay in the hospital. I was wishing I had a catheder so bad. I just kept telling myself that all this walking was good. But it hurt like hell to get in and out of bed.

Home Tuesday morning, and almost no pain. Just a little tiny bit of gas- in no way is the gas pain- in my experience- the worst. Almost no soreness around incision sites- just a real pulling and tightness pain in the muscle where the port is. That is the worst pain for me.

My last two pain meds in the hospital were codine, which is a step down from the morphine they ahd been giving me. THis was at my request. I took some codine today, but am switching to regular tylenol now.

Since waking up from surgery, have not had any trouble getting liquids down, and sipping feels completely natural. Not even thinking about food. Yuck!

I am a little more than 48 hours post-op and I feel pretty good.

Jay- So sorry to hear your sick. I was soo scared to get sick too before the surgery, never thought about it for after, but I can imagine it is worse. You probably got sick in the hospital. Take a few more off and take care of yourself. I think, unless I was dead, I would have to be at work. 8th graders in the spring time are soooooo bad. Plus we have state testing next week. :faint:

Congrats Mini,

I too gained about 8 pounds after surgery, my knees looked like watermelons. Then in a week, I had lost 15!!! It will go away. Enjoy it, now that I am eating it is coming back:think .

On a funny note...many of you know I bought a new car this past weekend! Well, the Toyota dealership sent me a big BASKET OF Cookies to thank me. Needless to say, the teachers are really happy I bought the car, did not have one, but that is ok. I've had a cookie before and I know what it tastes like!

Hey everyone, just checking in. I feel pretty good today but tired. I got up with my daughter at 6am took a shower and hung out with her, fell alseep on the couch until 9am when my sister got here. I got up with her and we went for a nice walk and played with my 3 year old. His speech therapist showed up at 10:30 and at 11:30 I brought him to my neighbors to play so I could sleep. It took me 3 hrs to eat some Jello inbetween sleeping. Every time I take a sip or put something in my mouth my stomach is making noises like you wouldn't believe. I am going to my class tonight but don't know how long I'll be there, not because I don't feel that bad but because I'm embarrassed by the noises that are coming from me.

Anyway, just checking to see how everyone else is doing or having the same issues.

I saw a post where someone gained 11lbs from surgery.... I did gain 5 but I think it is all in my belly. my hands and feet look better han they have in I don't know when, no swelling at all. I did have to have 3 bags of fluids because I was so dehydrated so I think that might be a big part of it.

DBF was pouty when I quarantined him to our room last night! He would come out and I would spray disenfectant.. :D I also slept on the couch... I explained in no uncertain terms......

I CAN NOT GET SICK A WEEK BEFORE SURGERY!!

He was feeling a bit better today, so I hope he was just exagerating his symptoms (as men seem to do). (SORRY GUYS!) :)