Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

<TABLE class=tborder id=post445997 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead> #1562 <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] --><!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] -->report.gif

<!-- status icon and date -->post_new.gif Today, 07:11 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>image.php?u=8384&dateline=1168025738</TD><TD noWrap>TracyinKS user_online.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_445997", true); </SCRIPT>

BAND ME! 4/26/07

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jun 2006

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_445997><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->GOOD Morning all!!!!!!!!!!! I have an extremely busy day, and I am pledging that I will not sneak over here til my work is done! LOL

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Funny! I say that everyday and here I am, first thing I do when I get to work. I work for the Gov't and so far they have not blocked this site... maybe I am the only one using it so they are not on to it yet!

Can anyone tell me if it is ok to eat Peanut Butter.:guess Or does it get stuck? Thank you Stacey

I know someone had said that it was a no-no.....but (and this just goes to show individual differences), I've had Peanut Butter a few times since banding. I was worried it would get stuck, but hasn't.

In fact, when I get that "snacky" feeling (not quite time for the next meal, but i'm hungry and don't want to "snack" --snacking is a big NO on our diet--), I'll take one spoonful of peanut butter (about half a serving) and lick on it like a popcicle, let each 'lick' melt and turn to liquid in my mouth, then swallow. And that could be the secret to it - let it become liquid in your mouth before swallowing to avoid getting stuck. I don't know :noidea:

Well guys, I've been REALLY slow about getting in 'real' exercise -- using every excuse known to mankind (too busy, too tired, too cold, too hot, too this, too that, etc).

Well, the other night I had to go buy a new workout outfit (another excuse, "i don't have anything that fits anymore!"). So I have an outfit (slightly too tight so it'll last me).

I told the hubby last night, "At 7:20 I'm getting dressed and at 7:30 we're going for a walk and taking the dog with us." (notice I said "told" and not "asked", LOL). Took some prodding to get him up and motivated, but we took a 30 minute walk!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, the AMAZING part about this is that the last time we tried to walk around our neighborhood (which isn't big) I would get winded in the first 5 minutes and after 15 I was DYING. Well, that was back in probably December - before the weight loss.

Last night I got to the point where I would usually be hurting bad enough we'd have to turn around and I wasn't even winded!!!! and we probably did 3 times as much AFTER that point...still wasn't too winded and felt great! Tonight I'm planning to walk to my Aunt's house which isn't too far, but is over a mile away! (no dog this time though).

When we got to that stop sign (my old "stopping point" lol...coincidence?), DH looked at me and said "ready to head back?" and I said "NOPE! I've lost almost 50 lbs and I feel great!!" He just smiled at me and started laughing :) And for once, I'm looking forward to exercising :)

Anyway, i just had to share my exercise victory! Hope everyone is doing good!

Hi Angie and Everyone,

I was running late and just now posted Gina's (GR8) instructions on my journal. Thanks for sharing Terri...I am just curious about what is good at this stage. Again, having to pack it around it the hardest part. Ok, I must go work, I have 36 kids staring at me...lol!

Have a great day!

Hi there Tracy

My big day is 4/26, too and I can't wait.

I've been at this since October trying to navigate the healthcare system here in South Jersey. The insurance approval was a snap, but the bureaucracy was unbelievable. I'm down about 15 pounds and sooooooo looking foward to getting on a plane in June and not stressing over whether or not the seatbelt will click. Roller coasters this summer, too!

Good luck to you next week.

Lauralee

Good for you Panda!!! :clap2: I started exercise yesterday too. I was getting bored with the liquid diet and thought I'd better get out and get going before I did something I shouldn't. I walked with DH and the dogs for 30 minutes and then came home, had some broth and later did a mile power walking tape. And when I got up this morning I had lost 2#. Sooooooooooo it does help!!!

Keep up the good work and congrats on the amazing weight loss so far!!!!

WOW, Panda! Isn't that an amazing feeling??? But just think of it... 50#....that's like one of those HUGE bags of dog food, or a bag of cement!!! All that weight you were lugging around before -- no wonder you were winded! And it will just keep getting easier and easier. I've only lost about 10# since surgery and I can already feel the difference in the stress on my joints, too. I actually JOGGED a bit on the treadmill last night until I remembered - OOPS - I probably shouldn't be doing this!! Gotta check with my doc today to see what I'm allowed/not allowed to do in that regard. If I actually start running any decent distance - oh, like say a HALF a mile - we will definitely have to declare some kind of holiday or something. I have NEVER been able to run. N-E-V-E-R. That's one of my goals.

I'm really happy for you, Panda!!! :cheer2:

re: PEANUT BUTTER - I started a thread yesterday asking if folks could or could not eat it. Take a look here.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone :)

It still seems surreal that I'm saying "I'm down almost 50 lbs since January"....

I've NEVER been able to lose more than 5 lbs or so...and I know why now...all those "sugar-free/net carb this and athat" that I was eating ---- PACKED with TOTAL carbs, which is what we're supposed to look at....it's crazy!

Anyway, I haven't weighed in a week, but last week I was down 8 lbs since surgery. I'm wondering if I've gained any back since being back on real foods...? I'll have to weigh in a few minutes and let you all know :)

Anyway, it's lunch time for me...talk to you guys later :)

You have no gas pain!!! Lucky you!! I'm in pain over here! I can't get rid of this gas. I'm one of the few unlucky ones I guess. The pain in my shoulder is unbearable at times. I feel the gas grumbling around my body and I try very hard to burp or pass gas but I can't! I'm getting up to walk on the treadmill every half hour. Don't know what else to do! Help!

Oh, can I ever relate! I had my surgery Wednesday (4/11) and the gas is still so VERY painful! I called my doctor and they told me to walk and take Gas-X, nothing else they could do. I have found out that the pain meds. do help with the pains being so bad that you could cry. I'm so sorry that you are having these pains! I go back to the dr. tomorrow, and if he tells me anything new, I'll let you know. Hang in there, I know it will get better!

Hey everyone! I was banded on April 11th. Everything is going pretty good. I'm getting really hungary but I'm doing good and just drinking my liquids. I'm down 11 lbs already I know that it is alot of weight but I also know that it is level out soon, so I will take those 11lbs! I have my first post-op visit on Thursday hopefully I can have more food(liquid) choices then. I opted to leave the hospital. I was going to stay but felt really good (considering) so my doc. let me go home which was the BEST! I'm day 6 and moving around really really good. The only thing that is hard is that I have 1 year old twins and I can't pick them up- I have my cousin staying with me to take care of them so that is a life saver- But I really want to hold them! Take care everyone!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post445997 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>#1562 <!-- [sTART HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] --><!-- [END HACK='vB Pager' AUTHOR='UAEWEB.COM' VERSION='3.0.0' CHANGEID= 6 ] -->report.gif

<!-- status icon and date -->post_new.gif Today, 07:11 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2> http://www.lapbandtalk.com/image.php?u=8384&dateline=1168025738</TD><TD noWrap>TracyinKS user_online.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_445997", true); </SCRIPT>

BAND ME! 4/26/07

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jun 2006

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_445997><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->GOOD Morning all!!!!!!!!!!! I have an extremely busy day, and I am pledging that I will not sneak over here til my work is done! LOL

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Funny! I say that everyday and here I am, first thing I do when I get to work. I work for the Gov't and so far they have not blocked this site... maybe I am the only one using it so they are not on to it yet!

nope...I work for the Gov. too....no blockage yet...supriisingly enough because everything else is blocked....lol:clap2:

Holy Crapoly...im Being Banded Tomorrow....im Soooo Nervous!!!!!!! Send Me Your Prayers Please Please Please..lol

Hi guys, its the wrong time of the month for me, I feel sooo irratible, dont normally get as bad as this. Had a really full day yesterday it was my youngests B'day, and I entertained my family for dinner, just felt relly exhusted :faint:

Today I went to see my Dr and Ive started the smoking pills today (Zyban there called) I thought Id have to give up straight away, but no, I have to give up next Thursday until they are in my system (& I then take 2 a day instead of 1).

Tell you after having time off, I just want to stay at home now :) lol, help!! Early start tomorrow 05.30 and back at 7pm :) oh boy, there must be an easier way of making a living. I also realised today that I have to take an exam in 3.5 weeks time, and Its only now i can study for it as I finished the mega report off the other day. Sorry....Moan moan!!

Panda thats great your feeling really motivated getting active, and you Teach too. I must motivate myself, just feeling sorry for myself at the mo (cant wait for this pms to go!)

Good luck tomorrow Jullee !!

Hugs Sara :)