Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I saw some pictures o fher in a bikini, and she is skinny-mini and I could easily see 4 or 5 tiny scars, like what you would see on anyone who had laproscopic procedure.... but wonder if the images were a little photoshopped. Just cuz if youa re keeping it a secret, why wear the bikini? Then again, Satrr Jones wore a bikini and let her scars show, and she was keeping it a secret, too! You are right... we'll never know.

We just saw that the other day too, yes I thought I could have seen some scars, I looked but I don't know, hard to tell.

My friends said she didn't think you could have it done without being at least 100lbs overweight, i told her you could do anything you want with all that money!

I can't believe I am saying this but Tuesday morning I will have the surgery!!! I am kind of nervous!! Will do taxes today and some work stuff, clean house etc...

Last night I couldn't sleep wrote some thank you notes, took my mind off of things for a while. I feel like I am going into this with only a 1% chance of survival. I don't know why I am so negative, it is not the first surgery I have had, and certainly not the most serious. I don't think I am worried about the lap band, or the hernia which they are doing at the same time, but just the fact of going out again. I feel like I have been given many chances to get my life right, and I have screwed them up and haven't made the most of what I have been given...Crazy huh, I feel like I can open up here because you know what is coming.

I actually feel a little better getting this off my chest, maybe I will finish up my taxes and do my city tax license for work...

Sorry if I am negative....

Jane

Jane... what you need are the lap band cheerleaders!!! We are here for you and know you are going to do great!! Focus on what your life is going to be like without all the excess weight and keep focusing on the future. You get your mojo going and focus on 100% confidence too!! You GO girl!!! Bandland here you come!!

Tracy - from the sounds of that support group it's no wonder they're not doing well.

They need SUPPORT not a pityparty.

Has anyone else not had to go on a pre-op diet?

I will be doing liquids for 2 days post op but i read so many threads that talk about liquids for a week or so to shrink the liver.

How soon has anyone returned back to work after surgery?

Anyone stay overnight at the hospital?

I start my pre-op test all on thursday. this has just all gone soooo fast. In a huge way I'm thankful for not having more time to think about it.

A week from Tuesday for ME and I'm banded!

I didn't have to do a pre-op diet but did one anyway. I wanted to get a headstart on what Protein Shakes i liked. It worked well for me. I had two a day and a light meal.

I also stayed in the hospital overnight. My insurance only paid 100% if I stayed. If I didn't stay they would have only paid 75-80%.

You'll do fine. My girlfriend dropped me off and stayed until they took me to surgery. A nother girlfriend came to see me and my DH called. Never showed up to see about me. Another friend came just as I was sitting in the lobby waiting for a friend to pick me up and he just came over to the house to bring flowers from him and his family.

My DH is indifferent but I' not letting him slow me down. Hopefully this time next year I'll be down 100 lbs looking good and happier with my self!:clap2:

Keep yourself busy this week. I made chicken broth, put in 2 cup containers and froze them. The chicken that was left, I shreded and put in 4 oz containers and froze them also.

Here is my recipe.

1 whole chicken, celery, onion, garlic, carrots and leeks covered in Water and simmered until chicken was done. (I use a presser cooker) Strain the broth and season to taste.

Hi guys, I am doing well, very well. Things have settled down really well. I do not feeling the band like I use to and I have also noticed that I can eat more then I thought I would be able too. I guess I heal well.

I did have some dry heaves about 4 days after, do you think I could have done damage or moved the band?

I am not too worried, I had heard that this happens and that I just have to get the fills done until there is restriction again.

OK as the day goes by i'm going through different thoughts. I just did a written statement saying that I want my kids to go to my mom if anything happens tomorrow and that sent me into a tizzy. I know everything is going to be great but there are fears, like others say, I worry about what my children would do without me and if they would know how much they mean to me, which is the world and why i want to be healthy, for them.

It is snowing, sleeting, and just plain yucky outside so I can't really even get out to keep my mind occupied. I am going to do a little homework but I just can't even seem to focus on that.

I had some black bean Soup for lunch but starting to feel sick to my stomach with nerves so I don't know if i could eat anymore if I wanted to.

and then there is the DBF who is who knows where right now - but not here for me when I really need him

HELP! How can i calm down, anyone have any suggestions. I am getting myself all worked up!

Jennifur, I know exactly how you feel! I was banded on Wednesday, and was so worried that something would go terribly wrong, even though this was the least invasive surgery for me to date! Just try to think about how you will feel in 4 weeks (that's what my surgeon said) and the weight will not come back (of course, you have to follow the rules). Just expect that you will be sore and have gas pains. But you will NOT be hungry! 2 ounces is filling me up right now, so try to think about how happy you will be loosing weight for good! If you can, make some homemade chicken broth, it was like drinking a piece of heaven and it will keep you busy. Hang in there, you CAN do it!!!!!!

Hi guys, I am doing well, very well. Things have settled down really well. I do not feeling the band like I use to and I have also noticed that I can eat more then I thought I would be able too. I guess I heal well.

I did have some dry heaves about 4 days after, do you think I could have done damage or moved the band?

I am not too worried, I had heard that this happens and that I just have to get the fills done until there is restriction again.

that worries me, I get sick easily and told my Dr. that, so hopefully he gave me enough meds to prevent it

glad to hear you are doing well

Hugs and prayers to all that will be banded this week.

Remember to take care of yourself and put yourself first for ONCE!

This is your new beginning.

For those that their boyfriends or husbands aren't on board about this..ask yourself why? Are they scared of losing you? OR scared of you not being what they want? Make sure you sit down and calmly talk this through. Good or bad you will understand the real reason.

Be strong in knowing that you are in control of what is best for you...where ever that takes your relationship.

If someone loves you....really loves you...they will be there for you and cheer you along.

that worries me, I get sick easily and told my Dr. that, so hopefully he gave me enough meds to prevent it

glad to hear you are doing well

Jennifur, I too was sooooo worried about getting sick. I came very close on day 2, but dr. gave me enough meds and I took them every hour. Make sure that dr. gives you meds to take home!

Hugs and prayers to all that will be banded this week.

Remember to take care of yourself and put yourself first for ONCE!

This is your new beginning.

For those that their boyfriends or husbands aren't on board about this..ask yourself why? Are they scared of losing you? OR scared of you not being what they want? Make sure you sit down and calmly talk this through. Good or bad you will understand the real reason.

Be strong in knowing that you are in control of what is best for you...where ever that takes your relationship.

If someone loves you....really loves you...they will be there for you and cheer you along.

My DBF has been with me thourgh thick and thin me, and I think he has gotten very comfortable with the me he knows will never leave. I love him but I want more and he knows I don't have the confidence to do anything about it. So, I think that he is scared that I will leave. He has been very supportive of improving my health, just freaking today and that doesn't help.

Oh well, i'm downloading music on my mp3 to take with me for my hospital stay and going to take a bath. I am so anxious and can't wait for the new beginning i'm getting myself worked up over things I don't need to be right now.

Jennifur, I too was sooooo worried about getting sick. I came very close on day 2, but dr. gave me enough meds and I took them every hour. Make sure that dr. gives you meds to take home!

thanks, I would not have thought to ask for extra. He gave me some for tomorrow am and tomorrow night and giving me stuff IV

For our friends having the procedure tomorrow. Chin up. :)

We are here for you today and you can tell us all about it when it's over. Then I'll be on here next week and you can calm my nerves. LOL

I'm probably glad i have to work the day before. I won't have time to think about it. I have a lot to do this week at work, so that will keep my mind off things.

Things will be great. We can do this and we can get through liquid diets. It's the break our bodies are looking for. It's our chance to have our bodies get in sync with our minds. I've yo yo'd all my life and have never given up. This is my chance to get it off and still have the tool to keep it off.

Eating is not over; it's just changing (for the better)

Life is not over; it's just beginning

I struggle a lot with my husband. He's a stay at home dad for our 5 year old triplets. He does most of the cooking and it always seems to be heavy meals. i shouldn't complain, but sometimes I just can't wait to not eat after this surgery.

Hi Jay- I teach 6th, 7th and 8th grade ELD (English Language Development) and ESL (English as a Second Language) at the local junior college 2 nights a week. I taught preschool years ago, had 18 three year olds...loved it! It might be hard for you tomorrow because you lifting the kids...be careful. I did tell my bosses and anyone else for that matter about my surgery. My principal had Bypass surgery, but has yet to admit it to many. He has lost 120 pounds and looks great, and was pretty understanding about my surgery. I did have to take 4 days off work (plus I had spring break which made it 2 weeks off!), but he was nice about it. I was scared because we have state testing in 2 weeks...yuck, and thought he would be pissed, but he wasn't! Nice to meet you Jay!!! Keep up the good work, and remember, we have about 8 weeks until summer break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

Good luck to all my friends returning to work tomorrow!!!

hello again..

I found internet access at the hotel so I'm checking in again...

there's a lot of nerves here tonight!! I am very anxious anyway.

Mainly because of the unresolved fight with DH... the cold I have acquired and worring about the fact that I lied on my application saying i didn't smoke...when I do. OMG I'm such a brat & brazen enough to think I won't be foundout! My sis just told me she had surgery & she had trouble with the throat pipe because of TAR coming up through it!! What have I done?!! I have had surgery before too as a smoker & didn't have that prob but I'm SOO worried now. I'm gonna call the clinic tomorrow & confess to the nurse while I tell them about my cold before I show up...

OMG freaking out !!

Okay, I printed out my taxes, getting frustrated because I can't find the estimated part (I am self employed), but it did manage to keep my mind occupied. I think that is the key for me today. I think tommorrow I will be very busy and won't have time to think. Plus on Tuesday my surgery is scheduled for 7:00 so no worrying through the day about it since it is first thing. Sorry for the freak out earlier! Hopefully that is my last!

Jane