Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Laura, Margi & ard Good Luck Tomorrow! We'll be thinking of you, and you'll be in our prayers xx Please let us know how you get on.....

Tracy, hmmm that meeting must have been weird to attend with a lot of mixed negative messages, I did laugh when you described a past aquaintance! (she sounds a bag of fun...not!) I'm going to my 1st one on April the 28th up in London, its quite a way a awy from me, and I am a bit aprehensive because Ive never gone to anything like that either.

Ictexas, thats a fantastic amount of weight loss, 10lbs, congrats!

Shineon, you sound like your doing really well. :clap2:

Jennifer...welcome back home! Take it real easy for the first few days x

Hi Rachel675, welcome to the April group :D dont worry about having a hight BMI a lot of us do! I had my surgery in Winchester (dpwn South of the uk) which group are you having yours done with, or can u get yours on the NHS?

Speak soon,

Hugs Sara :mad:

good morning april sisters!!

I was banded on wedensday and I am still a little sore, but I go back to work tomorrow, like it or not:cry

It will probably do me alot of good to get out of the house and get me back in my routine again. I am really lucky because the day care that my daughter goes to has a parents work-out facility. So now te only thing i have to do is MAKE myself go early enough to actually USE it. I have lost 3 pounds which is good I suppose. Weighed in at the hospital at 257 and my home scales are 2 lbs lighter so here at home this morning i was at 252. This time last year I weighed 272 and had lost down to 257. Before I got banded I just could not lose anymore so that was one of the deciding factors to have it done. If I knew how to use that little ticker I would post one, but I am not that savvy I suppose. I tried then decided "screw it".

SO....how is everyone doing this morning? Hope you all are doing well!

TracyTX

Lauria and anyone else being banded on Monday..I will be also!!!! Keeping you all in my prayers and hope you all remember me. I am on day 6 of the liquid diet, I am sick of it!! But, I can do this! We can do this!!!:mad:

I am on Monday too, I got a call Friday saying it was at 9:40 am and I ws so happy about that. Done and over early so I can start working on getting released earlier Tuesday

you will be in my thoughts and prayers too. Every bander is every morning!

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY Band Day tomorrow:

:present:ARD - 04/16

:present:PsWashburn (Phil) - 04/16

:present:DynamoMini - 04/16

:present:Margi - 04/16

:present:Jennifur - 04/16

:present:Lunasa - 04/16

:present:SchexyMomma - 04/16

:present:Laura23 - 04/16

Good Morning all!

Teach, Terry, Sara... you are so right about the support group. I mentioned LBT several times only to be greeted with blank stares. It was obvious that many of the people in the group had never heard of it or got online at all. The former Co-worker..... I didn't question her as to what she ate or if she exercised but when I mentioned the LowCarb/ High Protein diet she just rolled her eyes, so I'm guessing she is the one who continues to eat a bag of potatoe chips.... she complained about the maintenance being too expensive..... I was drinking a bottle of Alpine Punch Isopure and several people asked me about it, (BTW Alpine Punch is pretty good)

I felt out of place at the meeting because I was SOOOOOO Ready, SOOO upbeat and others seemed sad, scared, embarassed, or disenchanted. It didn't help that the 3 main contributers to the meeting were all the long term bandsters that although had lost 130 lbs - 173 lbs were there struggling...... very depressing for those who were just in the research phase. I felt like interupting and saying SHUT UP!!!!!!!! your scaring everyone.

I remember feeling the way those other ladies did... it was at the seminar.. a room full of depressed, embarrassed, hopeless fat people.. me being one of them....... its human nature I guess to see the negative side of things, but I guess I need to go because of my big happy assed mouth! LOL........... The next meeting is May 12, but I will be out of town so I think I'll plan to make the June meeting......

If I didn't have LBT, I might not be having surgery in 11 days.. this place has given me so much information (good and bad) the support garnered here is unmatched! THANK YOU

Tracy.. you know attitude is more than half the battle. We've always thought we could do the diet thing before.. had the right attitude, but not the right tool. Now we'll have the tool, the attitude and we will succeed!!! I'm 5 days post op and have been losing a pound a day. I'm not hungry and I have my first charm on my Bracelet. I am so hyped up about the band and have absolutely no regrets except that I didn't get it done sooner. You will do great!!!

Tracy

As a pre approval requirement, it is a requirement that you go to 2 support group meetings which I did at my nutritionist. It was a mix of bypass and banders but mostly bypass people. They were all very negative about the band so I found another group that was once a month for banders only. I loved it, that is how I found this site, they were so loving and encouraging. I have not gone in 2 months because of being out of town but the next one I will be on the other side.

Our group is so upbeat and it is good to go meet local people. I have met some great people and one of them will be coming to visit me in the hospital tomorrow.

anyway, i'm excited and nervous and anxious. can't wait until tomorrow morning!

******Tracy and Teachlady and all you new bandits and bandits to be**

Take the word of 2 "oldies but goodies" Teachlady and I - she is so right in her words of wisdom. You have to come into this new phase of your healthy life with hope and excitement. I haven't read "The Secret" yet, but I believe it's about thinking positive and all will come - don't know if I agree totally but it sure is true for a lot of things in this life...........don't waste this wonderful tool we are all given (ok, or paid for - dam, darn, poop, etc.....) - go forward with hope.................you are no different than Julie, Dawn, Kat, Boo (to name just a few of the April 06 bandits) and I................wish we could come to your "meetings" to give you those positive vibes......................we'll do it here.....................

GO, GO, GO APRIL 07 BANDITS! You will be successful like we are and you will continue to be successful and you will maintain like some of us are already doing....................use this wonderful tool and this wonderful support group. Keep together and utilize the exercise support group and any and all advice from successful bandits.

It's not always easy, but it is attainable...............we are not that different than you..................join us in this healthy future!

Tracy- I think you should champion the group and turn them all around. You have a great deal of information and positivness to get them all on board! I too know that if it weren't for LBT, I would not be a bandster. This site and my friends on this site :) have not only given me the knowledge and information I needed, but also the confidence to 'OWN' my band process. I really feel that LBT is responsible for me going through with it. I've told anyone who would listen about LBT!

They are trying to reschedule the LB support groups because it is on a night I teach and many others can't go either. So, I've only been to the prerequisite support group where EVERYONE was a bypass person...with great success, but bypass all the same. I look forward to going, schedule permitting, and talking to others face to face!!! Especially telling them about LBT!

Yesterday I started mushies...and boy did I ever. I went to a friends party where Mexican food was the theme! Man, that is my favorite. So while everyone ate chips, salsa, guacamole, carne asada, and tortillas (sorry to all my preop diet friends), I had some bean dip with guacamole. Now, I am not complaining, actually the opposite. I felt great about it, because I could be social w/ some Mexican food like everyone else! It was my first time where I could be participatory w/ everyone, just following my own guidelines! It felt great! Love my band!

I go back to work tomorrow too:cry ! I am excited to see my students, but Monday and Tuesday are 12 hour days, and I am scared that is gonna be a bit much. But oh well, gotta jump back into life right.

I just wanted to thank everyone one LBT, especially this thread, for all the love, support, information, and confidence over the last few weeks. Words alone can never express how much you all mean to me, but I think you all know what it is I am trying to say, and probably feel as I do anyway. Good luck to those to be banded this week, and continued recovery and health to those of us who have gone before!

The charm Bracelet is a way we are going to reward ourselves for scale victories! Some are doing it every 5,7, or 10 pounds we lose! There are many suggestions on this thread, but however you get your 'charm on' works. I googled charms, and got plenty to choose from, since it is easier for me to shop online. Anyway, that is our charm thing. Gonna go check my PO Box now...maybe my first one is there!

Pamela

I go back to work tomorrow too:cry ! I am excited to see my students, but Monday and Tuesday are 12 hour days, and I am scared that is gonna be a bit much. But oh well, gotta jump back into life right.

Hello Kity,

I was banded a day after you, I'm a teacher as well, and I'm going back to work tomorrow too:cry I'm feeling great, so I think I'm ready to go back, besides I teach pre-k and have the best teacher aide in the world to help me out. What grade you teach? Did you tell the administrators that you were having Lap-band surgery? I didn't, because I think they might get mad at me for taking time during the school year and not waitting for the summer vacation, but I need it to do this now, so I did:D They think I had a hernia surgery:heh: Good luck tomorrow and let me now how your day went.

Good luck to all of you to be banded tomorrow, I'll keep you in my prayers:)

I absolutely agree with you all about having an up beat positive attitute:clap2: .

I get weary of negative people that go on all the time, maybe its because they feel bad about themselves?; I found before I had this surgery so many of my colleagues tried to talk me out of it, and people airing their personal views over it, you know, youve just got to follow your heart, and let them be, its their problem not ours.

You know guys, I love being part of our group on here, its a place of solice, and one which I can share my deepest thoughts and fear with you all, laugh, and shed a tear. I value everyone of you, I consider you all my friends, and I dont know what I would have done with out you all over the last month. I'm always looking forward to reading posts :) . I am so looking forward to see how we all do over this coming year, summer is around the corner now, and its going to be wonderful to know that were all changing physically, getting fitter and healthier!

Well Im back to work tomorrow too, I sort of want too, but on the other hand I dont, lol, Im sure once I get back into the swing of it, it will be fine!!

Love Sara xx

P.s Ictexas: the charm idea, is that you set yourself goals, and each goal you reach, you buy a charm for your Bracelet to mark your weight loss journey i.e mine was after 14 lbs I bought the bracelet, then every 7 lbs I buy a charm! :)....everyones deciding on their 'goals' weight loss differently, but the up shot is, we'll all have a gorgeous bracelet at the end of it, and when we look at it, each little charm equals a lot of determination and hard work of our weight loss journey, which will be special to you x

Lunasa,

GOOD LUCK tomorrow!! We'll be thinking of you, you'll do great!! :clap2:

Let us know how it goes wont you!!

Sara xx

Tracy - from the sounds of that support group it's no wonder they're not doing well.

They need SUPPORT not a pityparty.

Has anyone else not had to go on a pre-op diet?

I will be doing liquids for 2 days post op but i read so many threads that talk about liquids for a week or so to shrink the liver.

How soon has anyone returned back to work after surgery?

Anyone stay overnight at the hospital?

I start my pre-op test all on thursday. this has just all gone soooo fast. In a huge way I'm thankful for not having more time to think about it.

A week from Tuesday for ME and I'm banded!