Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I haven't found anything that helps my sore throat yet :rolleyes:

Heyyyyyyy Laura!!!!! I din't realized that YOU ARE BACK!:clap2: Welcome to bandland:D The pain, the pain:sick it feels like you have a knife in your stomach, I know. You are going to feel better before the week is over, trust me. Walk a lot, rest a lot:notagree Your sore throat will be better by tomorrow. My sore throat is b/c I'm getting sick:sick . I'm going to the doc. tomorrow, I'm afraid that I have strep, so I need to take care of that since I'm still recruparating, I don't want the infection to go in my insicions.

I hope you feel better by tomorrow.

Okay ya'll... I am yet again.. at the night before surgery. Take 2!!!

Not sure if I posted here what happened to me. I was suppost to be banded last friday the 13th but I had complications. My airway swelled shut due to too large of a breathing tube. A freak thing actually... no ones fault and I feel totally comfortable with my doc and his team. So.. I am rescheduled for tomorrow. My throat is all better.. my tongue is still a little sore but heh.. should help me stay on liquids after I am banded right. Since Friday all I have eaten was Jello and SF otter pops (like popsicles only they are in the long plastic sleeves...

Did all the pre op things that I need to do. I am not as nervous as I was last time.. but in other ways I am also more afraid. Last week afterwards I got real sick... I am so afraid that I will get that sick again after being banded and I dont even want to think of that pain.

But maybe that was due to all the other meds they pumped me full of so that I would breathe on my own... I am hoping that is the case that that I wont get sick again.

I am excited.. to get rolling on this.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will be on the other side of the welcome gates of bandland.

Thanks,

Welcome Sistas...and any Bros too! Welcome to the other side. There are sooo many people getting home and heading out. All I can say is we are all with you. Post when you can.

I was banded 2 weeks ago today...in ways it seems like 2 months. I've read and learned so much...wow. I am starting to get hungry again. I will eat small meals (5-6 small ones only, not 3 large) and will be hungry sooner and sooner. Last week, it would be about 3-4 hours, now it is 1-2 hours. This is gonna suck, I am still 6 weeks until fill. Plus, I feel "fatter" again since Saturday when I started eating food again (although it is blended). On a side note, I wore a shirt today that I have not worn in 2 years!!! Anyway...just up and down. I was driving home from my very long day, and my mind was racing...what fast food resturaunt has "soft food"? I was pissed at myself, I DONT WANT TO LIVE LIKE THAT ANYMORE DAMMIT! PERIOD END OF STORY.

I guess the point is that this is truly a journey...old habits are hard to break. This is not an easy road here...but I am glad I am on it.

Whew...I am just really tired, sorry to go on. I did make something good to eat, thought I'd share. Salmon steak (terriacki, not spelled right, pre packaged), blue cheese crumbles, and light mayo BLENDED WELL. It is yummy and tastes gourmet.

Gotta go scream at the TV...Sanjays sucked so bad, I swear I want to slap him. Anyway, good night everyone, I hope everyone has a better night than I am having.

Holy Crapoli...I cant believe that some of you have gone back to work so soon! My doc has me out for almost 3 weeks! Anywho...im gettin banded tomorrow and I CANT SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive tried 3 times, and my eyes just wont shut! lol

Holy crapoli..I cant believe that some of you are back to work so soon, my doc has me out for almost 3 weeks!!! Anywho....im being banded tomorrow and I CANT SLEEP!! Ive tried 3 times and my eyes just wont shut!!! lol:help: :tired :tired :tired :tired :bored :tired :bored :tired

I agree with the Chystal light fans! I love the Lemonaide! the fruit punch made me a little sick, I am on high dose pain meds for a back injury and the lighter liquids seem to settle better than that dark colored chystal lights. I have found they are expensive tho, we have a generic brand here in Washington, "whyler's light" I found it at rite aid on sale for only $1.49 for 8 "singles on the go" packets, way cheaper than CL which is about $3.79 here. I havent seen the orange CL, I will have to keep an eye out since I LOVE tang!

I HOPE THIS WORKS!!!!

sorry for the double posts, but apparently everytime I try to submit its gives me an error, but if I go out and then come back in.. it is here.

April 2007 List as of 04/18

:rolleyes: AmwLady - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Maizemommy - 04/02

:thumbs_up:SFeliz001 - 04/02

:thumbs_up:CJulzGO - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Sara Mos - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Adumont75 - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Darla - 04/02 (mother to Panda)

:thumbs_up:Panda - 04/02 (daughter to Darla)

:thumbs_up:SienaK45 - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Squale(Pat) - 04/03

:thumbs_up:Kity - 04/03

:thumbs_up:Sparkette(donna) -04/03

:( Jennifer - 04/03

:thumbs_up:TerriDoodle - 04/04

:thumbs_up:TexasP - 04/04

:thumbs_up:SkinnySomeday -04/04

:thumbs_up:Wannabethin - 04/04

:thumbs_up:ShineOn - 04/04

:thumbs_up:LJWILGeNHOF - 04/04

:thumbs_up:OnlyMe - 04/05

:thumbs_up:BandedMe - 04/05

:thumbs_up:DaveinToronto - 04/05

:thumbs_up:Cred - 04/05

:thumbs_up:AlexR - 04/05

:thumbs_up:gr8ful gal - 04/05 (also her BDay) :D

:thumbs_up:HouseHuntress - 04/09

:thumbs_up:Day3447 - 04/09

:thumbs_up:Cmarie - 04/09

:thumbs_up:Gr8 - 04/09

:thumbs_up:Chica Chula - 04/09

:thumbs_up:MsPruett - 04/09

:thumbs_up:TeachLady - 4/10

:) TracyTX - 04/11

:thumbs_up:ElizaJo - 04/11

:thumbs_up:Bubbles - 04/11

:thumbs_up:Bwaydiva - 04/11

:thumbs_up:KCQ -04/11

:thumbs_up: MaltoMeel-04/11

:thumbs_up:TinyBelle - 04/12

:thumbs_up:StaceyLynn - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Lucy22884 - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Horns10 - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Ihomeschool4 (Christy) - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Ross (husband to Christy) - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Tater Bug - 04/13

:thumbs_up:MS_Jen - 04/13

:thumbs_up:ChicaChula - 04/13

:thumbs_up:Collector - 04/13

:thumbs_up:ARD - 04/16

:thumbs_up:PsWashburn (Phil) - 04/16

:thumbs_up:DynamoMini - 04/16

:thumbs_up:Margi - 04/16

:thumbs_up:Jennifur - 04/16

:thumbs_up:Lunasa - 04/16

:thumbs_up:SchexyMomma - 04/16

:thumbs_up:Laura23 - 04/16

:thumbs_up:JanieBug - 04/17

:thumbs_up:LapDancer - 04/17:clap2:

:thumbs_up:Keluliana - 04/17

:thumbs_up:Tigeriffic - 04/17

:present:Angie - 04/18

:present:pinkybar (ellen) - 04/18

:present:Jullee71 - 04/18

FloridaGirl - 04/19

AREELlady - 04/19

Katschai - 04/20

NWJenny - 04/20

Sherri - 04/23

GonnaBeFree - 04/24

Brennens - 04/26

BeckyNtN - 04/26

JDarnwest - 04/26

Flax - 04/26

Adorable - 04/26

TracyinKS -04/26 ;)

LucyGirl - 04/26

Kathy - 04/27

NBJen - 04/27

Rachel675 - 4/28

Heather228 - 04/06 (rescheduled for June)

Kimmie - pending

GoodandReady - pending

Singdeborah - pending

Welcome back Laura. I don't know how many of you will be able to get in and read LBT today.. it is a total crap shoot right now.......

Should I freak out NOW??? I am a day out of preop testing and a week away from surgery!!!!!!!!!! Not a good time for my main source of support to go away! I had weird dreams last night about me getting on the scale before surgery and then having to pee while they were operating... LOL

I hope everyone stays strong today, and keeps up with their pre and post op diets.

Ok.. I'm going to go do my volunteer shift at the hospital and I want this site fixed and back to normal by the time I get back.. ya hear????

Have a good shift Teach!!!!!!!!!

I'll be here when you get back, although I am getting a new computer today at work... (been using a loaner since my other one came up with the black screen of death a few weeks ago!)

Ok, I'm back and things are looking better in here. Glad they obeyed my ranting.. HA!

Definitely prayers for Taterbug today that the surgery goes smoothly with no more complications!!

Apparently there are still some bugs to work out. How come the change? I thought things were working great before!!

Hey all.. Pain is a bit better today, I need to spend more time resting than sitting up I think. I'm trying to do too much.. When I drink Water, I do get a lil bit of a pain today. I lost 3lbs since yesterday LOL. I'm not putting it on my marker thing though, because I don't know why I would have lost 3lbs in one day. Going to stick to updating my marker once a week instead of daily. I have had water, and about 2oz of Apple juice, couple licks of a sugar free popsicle, and a tiny sip of a Protein Shake so far since I've been out. I'm still not hungry (It's a miracle!!!!). I haven't gotten dizzy.. I was a little nauseated last night (I guess I forgot to knock on wood when I posted I never felt nauseated), but I think it was from doing too much. I'm suppose to start working at home today, but I feel like sleeping. Good luck to everyone up and coming!!