Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Prayers and thoughts for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery for all those being banded tomorrow!!!

Angie - 04/18:clap2:

pinkybar (ellen) - 04/18:clap2:

Jullee71 - 04/18:clap2:

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBF called and he is going home sick.......... OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO!

I don't want to get sick 1 week before surgery. I'm seriously thinking of stopping by Walmart and getting some Airborne.

What do you think?

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBF called and he is going home sick.......... OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO!

I don't want to get sick 1 week before surgery. I'm seriously thinking of stopping by Walmart and getting some Airborne.

What do you think?

My husband got sick a week before also. I didn't go within 10 feet of him for 3-4 days (and slept in another room) and washed my hands 20x a day. Do whatever you gotta do!!

Isn't this a thing of beauty?? (really, I'm just testing something out about posting)...but it's still pretty!! :)

Hey Terri,

Do tell...is that something from LBT? Inquiring minds want to know.

Tracy...Go get Airborne!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta go teach math...yuck!

Gina- Woohoo!!!! Thanks so much! I finally have a ticker!!!! You going step by step for me was great! I will post your detailed and easy directions on my LBT journal in case someone else wants to figure it out. I've only wanted one since I joined! Anyway, thanks again...I do think you are GR8!!!

xo

Pamela

See my pretty new ticker!!!

It looks GREAT or should I say GR8. You are welcome. Keep up the good work - you are doing great. Stay strong - this is a tough time for all of us.

Have a GREAT day!

Gina

Hey Terri,

Do tell...is that something from LBT? Inquiring minds want to know.

It's from the "reports" section of www.fitday.com where I track my food & weight. Go check it out! I can even generate a chart like this, too:

Hey guys! I'm back! I haven't read all the posts since last I was on, will have to do that later. I just wanted to check in with ya'll and let you know how it went..

As I stated before, my biggest concern was the catheder.. so I did make it 'pretty' down there.. So we drove down on Sunday and I had 2 hours to kill before I had to take the Magnesium Citrate. Went to dinner (my mom, g'ma, and fiance went with me), they all had delicious yummy food, I had french onion Soup broth that was awesome.. then I took the meds, and was on the toilet for a little bit. That really wasn't as eventful as everyone built it up to be.. So next day we get there bright and early, I was number 2 to go, but there was no one around in the area we were at for pre-op. They wheeled me to my anesthesiologist, who was friendly, we chatted (kept me from being nervous), and we ran over some more medical questions.. then 2 nurse peoples came up (one girl, one guy) so I said 'Ok, so who is doing my catheter?!' and the girl laughs and goes 'We only do those for the roux-en-y' !!!!!!!! I died, I was like 'you guys don't know how much this makes my day, that is ALL i've been worried about!'. Then they gave me something to make me woozy and wheeled me more, and then I don't know what happened. I woke up.. in excruciating pain. I definitely was NOT prepared for this kind of pain. I was fading in and out.. they told me to cough, deep breath, then I'd sleep.. then someone said I didn't have to do the open, I was happy and when back to sleep. Woke up saying 'I hurt I hurt I hurt' and never felt like anyone was helping me (I was barely conscious)...When I finally came to in my room, family was there, and that Virginia Tech shooting was on the tv (around 10AM yesterday). I couldn't stay awake, so everytime I woke up, it was updated with new info, was kind of surreal for me in my doped up state. They gave me a little bit of ice chips, but said I'm not allowed to have a lot, and I was dying of thirst. I keep burping and hiccuping (even now) and it's soooo painful. I laid there thinking 'Is it so painful I regret it?' and I'm a tough cookie, I really though this would not be too bad for me. But I decided, a week from now I'll feel so much better and I'm still extremely excited to have had it done, so it still wins!! They kept giving me demoral, and since about midnight last night I kept asking if I could leave early (I hated being stuck in that room, on that bed..)

They kept saying 'they will be in 'first thing in the morning' to do the swallow test then you can go', so around 2am (they came back every hour to check my vitals), I was wide awake and waiting for 6am so I could leave.. They didn't come do the test till about 10, and didn't release me till about noon. I have not been hungry yet, but dying of thirst. They gave me a popsicle (not a big fan) and told me I had to eat it to show I won't get sick.. I did not feel nauseated once.. the entire time. My only complaint is the definite pain. Even with pain killers I'm just loopy and stuff, but still hurting. I have bandages on, so don't know exactly, one nurse said it was 4 incisions. Doctor came in to let me go home and he hugged me and said it went great, ran through the rules again..

The 3 hour drive back home was bad.. we stopped often so I could walk around. My mom was driving like a bat out of hell, and the road was bumpy..lots of stops and gos. But we finally made it home, so glad to be home, glad to be on the otherside.

Overall- Glad and excited to be here.. but definitely can't wait for a week to go by and be over this hump of pain!

Good luck everyone getting it soon :)

Banded yesterday, Monday. Home today, Tuesday.

Feeling pretty good. Sore, but off of Morphine and taking Loritab now, should be on tylenol by tomorrow I think.

Some pain yesterday, but mostly soreness and gas.

Walking, walking, walking in little baby laps. Will post more tomorow.

Can't believe I am banded!!!!!!

Laura- Welcome back! I'm sorry you had pain but I can attest, in one week you will feel great (I'm 7 days tomorrow). Hang in there! (((hugs)))

Tracy- Take that airbourne!

I'm feeling good, although at days end I am pooped. Sitting at my desk all days gives me a "squished" feeling in my middle ....stretching out feels soooooo good. I'm hitting the gym tomorrow....just some easy walking on the treadmill.

Hope you are all well...best of luck to the upcoming bandits!

HELLO EVERYONE

So I am home, so excited and had such a great experience. I love my surgeon! that is all i can say about that.

Anyway, I do have to give you all my slight bad experience, not horrible but something I did not expect

I too had an emergency c-section and my tubes tied at a later date but nothing prepared me for the feeling I woke up from. It went away with 1 dose of pain meds but the only way to describe it was that I felt like i did 5000 sit ups from where they inserted the port. Other than that I was up and running and good to go.

I am super sensitive to pain meds so I was slightly stupid, and still am, but other than that now on just tylnol and dealing with some gas pains in my lower abs, but feel great and going back to school tomorrow, not to my 8am class but going for my noon class.

I'm going to get caught up on post now, but just thought I would pass that info on since it was something I was not ready for.

YIPPE :clap2:

Thanks for the advice. Today I was thinking that I needed to do something about the Water b/c I'm not drinking enough. I guess I go tomorrow and look for it, I also love the taste of Tang. By the way, it looks like you are doing great, Teachlady, no complaints and always happy:D

I went back to work today, and I feel great the whole day. The best thing is, at school (i'm a teacher) they don't know that I just have the lapband, and two of my co-workers told me that it looks like I'm loosing weight:clap2: I told them that I was trying a new diet:heh: .

Hey everyone, propel makes to go packs which i love and last week when I was at Walmart they had tang to go packs. Hope that helps

Walmart has the biggest selection of to go flavors and varieties