Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

You gals are so very funny with your ebay stuff. I have been on but never bought anything, I'm clueless.

so I dragged my butt out of bed and went to the gym this am, went and sold cookie dough for my dd's cheerleading fundraiser, took a 45min nap, shower and now off to work. it is 90 and tropical here, going to be a very long night

:faint:

You win terri!!!!!

I do a lot of x-mas shopping on e-bay.. so throughout the year it's only used for odds and ends (home decor, routers, etc.)

My best finds on e-bay were some diaries from the 1800's. They're really neat. And some other antique-y stuff I bought. I avoid clothes on e-bay..

I spend a lot of time browsing e-bay, and sometimes google a product I like and find it cheaper somewhere else (because they don't charge outrageous shipping).

Only had 1 bad thing on e-bay, which makes my feedback 99% after 6 years :tea:

Some guy sent me leather biker gloves I bought, and they were so cheap when I put them on, it left dye all over my hands.. so I left him negative feedback, he left ME negative feedback saying I must be a glove expert. Doesn't take a genius to know when something is crap quality.. but whatever.

Thanks Terry... I just went there and I hope I have it set up right. I'll take you for a ride on the boat if I win it!! lol

Q: How many Menopausal women does it take to change a light bulb?

A: One! ONLY ONE!!!! And do you know WHY? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb! They don't even know that the bulb is BURNED OUT!! They would sit in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it out. And, once they figured it out, they wouldn't be able to find the#&%!* light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CABINET for the past 17 YEARS! But if they did, by some miracle of God, actually find them, 2 DAYS LATER, the chair they dragged to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!!!!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE WRAPPER THE FREAKING LIGHT BULBS CAME IN!!! BECAUSE NO ONE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE A FOOT DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS PLACE! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON WHO CHANGES THE TOILET PAPER ROLL !! . . .

I'm sorry. What was the question?

GOOD NEWS!! We got us a boat!! Terry.. I don't even know if the Sniper thingy worked. I just put my almost maximum bid on it 1 minute before the auction was over. And that's the bid that won. Snipe said that the sniper bid was placed successfully, but said I lost the auction. Whatever... we definitely won the bidding and we are going to pick our boat up in a few days.. YIPPEEEEEE!!

Congratulations Judy!! We'll all be saying Ay Ay Captin! and nodding at you :)

Terry, its so nice to be back on here again, I did miss you guys too :tea:

Well tonight we all went down to my mum n dads as it was his birthday, I had NO alcohol :)...its been a week tomorrow since I cut it out, its weird not drinking, at first I thought, oww I wish I could have a drink, but as the night wore on, it was ok, this is the third social occassion in the past week I havent had a drink going out. I guess as time goes on, it will get easier and easier I hope (I sound like an alcoholic, lol!) but its strange though going totally tee total when everyone else drinks wine etc at celebration events. Got to go back to my own Dr tomorrow and let her know how Im doing on the 'chill pills' (she said no alcohol for 6 months while Im on them).....so far so good...but its only been a week nearly!!

Ta ta for now,

Love sara xxxxxxx

Terry! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Judy on the boat!

Haydee aka tan woman who spent last week winking at the pool boy with her sisters......... I have always bruised/welted easily.

Jennifur: Have a good night at work... di you talk to that guy yet?

Sara: it is so nice to see you around here again!!!!!!

Denise where are you woman?

Michelle is at the beach

Pam is at the Cape

MS_Jen is out looking hawt and bedazzling all the men!

TracyK: where are you today

Kat: Hope every thing works out with MIL

Laura: You are so funny!!!!!!!!!! and BTW way to go on throwing out th cake!

Have a great evening

HERE I AM!!

Unfortunately I can not post at work :tea:

So, I post first thing in the morning and as soon as I get my DD situated in the evening with all her demands I grab my laptop and here I am!!

OK, Here is a question for everyone....What would YOU do?

My DD b-day party is Saturday is at my sisters house. She has a pool. The only person in 25 years that has seen my in a bathing suit is my mom. She bought me a new one about 2 months ago. It is going to be mainly family at the party, but, I am SO freaking out. Should I wear the bathing suit or not? OMG...such stress. I have not seen my brother since January so I have lost the whole 56 pounds since he and my skinny SIL has seen me. What would you do? Maybe I should take a pic and post it ... but I have to have honest opinions only. not to mention I am as white as a ghost....BOO!!

HELP me violets!

TracyK---in my opinion, how you look in the suit is going to count for very little. How you project yourself in the suit is the biggie! If you walk out there, sans towel, shoulders back, and strut your stuff, like you feel you have nothing to hide (which you really don't) then that is the attitude they will see you with. If you are hiding behind the towel, and a tshirt, they are going to think that yeah you got something to hide.....

If walking out in it is something you just cannot make yourself do, wear a cover up, or shorts & a shirt, but when it comes time to get in the pool, just strip it off, like it is an everyday thing, do NOT act embarassed! Be FULL of confidence, be chatting to someone, and just strip it off, and walk into the pool....

I was the same way about taking the kids to the public pool....and finally I thought to hell with it, and I went for it. If someone is in the dressing room with me, I talk to them, it keeps them in eye contact with me!!!!

I vote YES enjoy your party! Is SIL nice about her skinny mini self or not???

All Aboard!!!! Woohooo a boat owner! We technically own part of sons boat! Both he and DD's boyfriend have boats. Personally we spend our $$$ on bikes! Congrats on the win. We ebay a lot, but our numbers are still pretty low---going to go up when he gets this bike tore apart for me to sell!!!

Tracy hope you feel better---I don't miss cramps....wish yours would go away! Have not spoke to the MIL so it's been ok!

Today went pretty well with Lindzie until about 1/2 an hour before I planned to leave the park. Kinsey and Ray (a friends son) had come over saying they were thirsty, so I got in the cooler and got them some juice, when she saw it she started crying it just wasn't fair how she was treated, she didn't get a drink....I sat her down and told her "you did not ask for a drink, you did not say you were thirsty, there are lots of drinks in the cooler, and when you wanted one I figured you would ask---but not whine, so now we are going home, and you can have your drink there" and we come home. With her wailing the entire way about how unfair it is that she only wanted a drink and now can't play on the monkey bars anymore. I ignored her. When we got home I told her if she wanted juice she just needed to ask, if she wanted Water she knew how to get it, but she had 2 minutes to stop the crying or I was going to give her something to cry about and I picked up the flyswatter---thank goodness she fell for a bluff!!!! The rest of the day went better! Not sure how to do this!! We went and picked up pictures I had made of the girls together, and she was dancing because there were more pictures of her alone than Kinsey alone! I have met jealousy before, but this is unreal!

Just raided the Tomato vines DH is getting BLT's for dinner ASAP!! Ok maybe not ASAP...ASAHGH...As soon as he gets home!!! It is one of his favorite things especially with fresh tomatoes!

I walked the track around the park while the girls played today---not sure how long the track is, I don't think it is a standard size, so I have no idea how far I walked. I even jogged a couple of times---girls I felt so old doing that!!!! Not thinking I will ever be a runner!

Tonight I will hit the elliptical again. I need a new audio book for my elliptical....any suggestions??

TTYL~

Kat

HERE I AM!!

Unfortunately I can not post at work :)

So, I post first thing in the morning and as soon as I get my DD situated in the evening with all her demands I grab my laptop and here I am!!

OK, Here is a question for everyone....What would YOU do?

My DD b-day party is Saturday is at my sisters house. She has a pool. The only person in 25 years that has seen my in a bathing suit is my mom. She bought me a new one about 2 months ago. It is going to be mainly family at the party, but, I am SO freaking out. Should I wear the bathing suit or not? OMG...such stress. I have not seen my brother since January so I have lost the whole 56 pounds since he and my skinny SIL has seen me. What would you do? Maybe I should take a pic and post it ... but I have to have honest opinions only. not to mention I am as white as a ghost....BOO!!

HELP me violets!

Oh, oh,oh. I got this one! Saw the answer on The Tyra Banks Show yesterday as I was doing the tread mill at the gym. "By all means wear your swim suit! You have nothing to be ashame of. You will be surounded by people who both love and admire you, and you may inspire others to feel more comfortable with themselves whom you may not know that have issues about their selves."

Tracy, my dear.. you look maaaaaaaaaavelous!! And I'm serious. You have nothing to be embarrassed about! You look GREAT in that suit. Wear it and be proud!!!

Well, I had a little mini-disaster tonight. Right now I'm trying to swallow some tylenol a half a caplet at a time, cause the whole pill would get stuck. I was riding my bike and I noticed the radio/light had slipped and was pointing downward. I mentioned it to DH and he said he'd fix it when we got to the church (I was going for a flute rehearsal). Well, stubborn me, I decided I'd fix the dang radio and when I went to pull it up, I lost control of the bike and fell sideways right to the pavement. I heard the loudest CRACK and when I realized what it was I said a little prayer that I was wearing my helmet. Otherwise it would have been my head and I'd probably be dead and all this bandster stuff would have been for naught. At least I would have looked good in the........ well, you get the picture.

ANYWAY, I sure hope you ALL wear helmets when you bike. It saved my life, I'm sure. I have a scraped elbow, a sore tush and shoulder, but other than that I'm doing ok. And the radio/light is now in the correct position. I'm going to go out and take a longggggggggggg soak in the hot tub and then head to bed. I just know I'm going to be darn sore in the morning. One of the good things about the bike I have is I ride low to the ground so I didn't have that far to fall. But it still made quite a noise when my helmet hit.

We're going to pick up the boat on Friday. It's a 2 hour drive to get there and I am skipping out of VBS (I got permission) so we can get there, get the paperwork done and get back in one day.

Everyone have a good night, sleep well and remember... WWJD??!! (wear a helmet, that's for sure!!!)

TracyK---you have absolutely NOTHING to be worried about! You look GREAT!!!! Strut your stuff baby!!!

Judy---owie!!! I am so sorry you crashed! Hope you are ok!

I think for the most part Jennifers advice through Tyra is right except these people are all going to be looking at Tracy going "Holy Smoke, I better do something--look how much she has lost, and how good she looks!" It will leave them feeling like they have work to do!!!! Seriously though it is perfect advice!!!

Kat

Judy, sorry to hear about your spill. Glad you had your helmet on. Maybe you should check it out to make sure that you didn't crack it (sometimes they're like a air-bag). We surely don't want your band to be for naught!

Have a good night.