Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi everyone,

Busy couple of days...

Lunasa: Take CARE of yourself, darling!

Laura: Beautiful cake, beautiful bride... just beautiful! Oh, and bowling & poker -- you go girl!

Tracy: Love Rainforest Cafe... what fun!

Judy: WDW is one of my most fav places on earth! Are you familiar w/www.allears.net? One of my favorite Web sites... they know it ALL! I love getting their weekly e-newsletter... gives me some mickey magic all through the year!

Kat: Enjoy the chuckwagon!

Janie: Congrats on the inches lost! And you certainly CAN take credit for it ALL!!!

Saw a new low on the scale today... 276.6... but can't/won't "claim" it "officially" 'til Tuesday... maybe it's the fill from Thurs?? I DO think it has a powerful psychological effect on me... hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm... My goal is still -50 by the end of Aug... I'm going to start weight training in addition to the walking & aqua pilates, so I hope that helps!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Whoops: Hi Jen & Chica!! Didn't see you there... duh on me to miss a whole 'nother page! :)

Dear All,

It feels like an age since I was last on here. Well Davids parents have now gone, thankfully.

Your right Terri, I had to bite my tounge a lot whist they were here, his dad said some pretty hurtful things, and I ended up waiting on them hand and foot. Its sad really as I dont know what Ive done, but I've made up my mind now, not to go up to his parents home again, it gets me so stressed out.

I went to see my Dr this week, and shes prescribed me some 'chill' pills, I probably needed them even before the holiday as I was pretty stressed then! Hopefully I'll soon feel like my normal self again. I'm not allowed any alcohol either on these pills, so thats a good thing for my diet too!

Well, on Saturday I went to see the gastric consultant, and the dietician, luckily Ive only put on 1/2 pound in weight, my muscle % has gone down too (only to be expected as I havent been exercising) he's put in 7.5mls into my band now, and he said he'd phone me on Wednesday to see if I have a restriction.

OH MY GOD I HAVE A RESTRICTION NOW!!!!! :whoo:Finally.......

Dave's doing ok, we saw the orthopedic/spinal consultant on Tuesday and he was really positive, were hoping he can get back to his old job by January/February 08. He's still on pain killers, but he's doing a lot more now, and the physio has told him to walk a mile walk every day, and he's really positive.

Laura what lovely pics, and what a wonderful cake...CONGRATULATIONS!

Lunasa, gosh look after yourself, I hope life gets better for you xx

Take care all,

Lots of love

Sara xxxxxxxxxxxx

Alls well here, glad to see you here again Sara---stand strong with the inlaws. Having some issues that way myself the last few days---will go into that later!

Don't have much time right now, we are in clean up from construction. Will be back later----enjoy the rest of the day off!

Kat

Good afternoon, Violets..

It was a beautiful church service today. DH was presented with a stole from the children and a new robe from the congregation. Needless to say he was very, very surprised and both he and I were crying. It was such a wonderful gesture of love from the congregation. I have a super, SUPER DH who has given his life for others and it's nice to see him get a meaningful reward for all his efforts. We had a picnic afterwards and I did very well on the eating, EXCEPT I got into talking and wasn't paying attention to how fast I was eating and BOINK... things clogged up. I had to step away from the table and walk around a bit until it went down. DSIL kept saying.. "think of a waterfall washing everything down".. lol. In a short time it felt better and I was much more careful after that. (no PB'ing, thank goodness!)

I'm on my way to church to set up my station for Vacation Bible School starting tomorrow. That will be 9-12 all week. I told DH, next year if I volunteer to teach VBS, just shoot me!!! I love the kids, but it takes a lot of prep and I'm not used to that anymore!!!

Sara.....glad to see you back and glad to hear Dave is progressing well. Hang in there with the in-laws. I don't have mine anymore and I miss them bunches. They were very special people who were more like parents to me than in-laws.. specially my FIL. It sounds like your band is working better for you now and the "chill" pills will really help, I'm sure. Dh has been on them for years and they have made a big difference in our lives!!

Catch everyone later.. I'm off to chuch yet AGAIN!!

Weird. I could have sworn I posted this earlier but I guess it didn't take. Anyway... here I am at 4 months & down 25#! Sorry about the lack of makeup (yuck)... I was in a hurry.

The "muscle" pose is more of a before picture for uh...later on...when there's an after photo!? I can hope, can't i?

post-213702-13813135323284_thumb.jpg

post-213702-13813135323661_thumb.jpg

Terri! WOW, you look fantastic!! What a big difference!! YAY YOU!!

PS...Are you getting taller? LOL

Is there a band for getting TALLER!!!!!!!! I am five feet so I sure could use some, plus I wouldn't have as much to lose!!!

Terri you do look great!!! I hope you can notice a big difference, it is so hard when you are looking at yourself.

Jane

WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Look at you! I can definately see the your muscles! You are getting so toned!

I will be going to the gym tomorrow... and my eating has been smaller amounts but not good choices!

terri you look great!!! congrats so far! Keep it up, I would hang those pics on my fridge if I were you, everytime you feel like being lazy or snacking---bam, reinforce :)

Terry you look FABU! Esp. the pics from the back -- wowza! What a difference! & you're so obviously brimming w/confidence... I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura!~~ I'm excited for your weigh-in tomorrow!! Remember to rush back to the 'puter & let us know! Best wishes!

Oh, that's weird!! I DO look taller!! I've been looking and looking at those pics to try to figure out WHY and I can't explain it. Maybe I'm just slouching in the first one? Actually, I just measured my height last night because my daughter has caught up with me (she's all of 13)....and we're both exactly 5'6-1/2"....except she weighs 124# :) Wow. I just thought of something. My lowest adult weight was 126# (for a brief moment when I was 20)....and I sure as hell wasn't wearing a size 2 like she is!! What is UP with that?? And I sure as hell never "saw myself" as thin as she is. That's wild.

Anyway, thanks for the kudos you guys. I see it in my neck, waist and my uh...bottom. Got a long way to go, though.

Sara -- great news about Dave. What a relief. Things could be so much worse. My ex-inlaws used to grate on my nerves something fierce. It was real bad for 7 years...until the NEXT child got married. Then that girl took the heat off of me...and I was on the "good list" for some reason. Whackos. Still are. They treat my children like trash. Oh nevermind...don't get me started. Just suffice to say that I'm a big believer in just staying away from toxic people. Who needs that in their lives? It's too short. Also very glad to hear that you went to see the doctor for some of 'mother's little helpers'....better living thru chemistry! :(

Haydee -- So glad you're back! We wanna see pics!!! We got rid of the rain while you were gone. Let's get together soon!

Judy - It sounds like you and DH had a day to remember!! I'm happy for you both! Behind every good man....

My neighbor behind us is screaming at the top of his lungs out in his back yard!! The only thing is that he's Lebanese or something and I can't understand a word he is saying! :) I don't know if he's on the phone or screaming at his meek little wife...but I'm going to call the cops in about 5 minutes. Ah, life in the big city. It sucks.

Lunasa, Sara: SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Laura: That cake looked delish! and I can't wait for your weight in either!!!!!!

Terry: I just looked again at your photo's and dang woman.. did you notice your thighs are no longer smushed together??????? No wonder those pant from last week fell off!

I spent a good part of tonight on the floor in my sons room coloring.. today is his 4th birthday although he doesn't know it.... my sister and her 6 kids are on vacation and DF's boys are not here so we decided to wait to have a double whammy party on the 25th with my son and my niece......... I have been down all day about it.. so I decided to make today special without him realizing it. We even went out for ice cream! (I ate 1/2 of a small blizzard) BAD Tracy.. but very proud of myself for stopping and throwing the remainder in the trash......... pre band I would of eaten dinner AND had a LARGE blizzard and finished mine and took a bite of his................ so tonight I've been trying to get in a lot of Water to FLUSH IT OUT!!!!!!!! :)

Terry.... CONGRATS to the amazing shrink'n, stretching woman you are!!! The closeness of the camera accounts for your rise in stature.. lol But just think.. if we all could grow about 8 inches taller, none of us would be overweight!!! TA DA!!! The heck with the band.. we need stretchers!

Just got back from 5 miles on the bike. We went out for Chinese for dinner. I had a spring roll and half of a seafood dish with crab, shrimp, lobster and veggies. I skipped the rice, but I did eat the fortune cookie. I think I worked most of it off with the bike ride, well at least the fortune cookie part!!

Got everything set up for my part of Vacation Bible School tomorrow, so that's a relief.

Everyone have a great evening and tomorrow is a new day, a new week and another step in the right direction!

Peace out!! WWJD??!!