Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning All!

Did a workout today...finally! Lucy my eldest showed me some stretch exercises too, which was good.

Judy, ...wow it sounds like you have an admirer in the singing group!! Wooohooo!

Kat, I know what you mean about your inlaws, the other thing it could be dare I say it (as my inlaws are 80 & 86) it may be a bit of dementure, because Im sure my father-outlaw has it, one minute hes real angry and practically abusive, and the next he's meek and mild? It's so delicate 'families' I dont know what the answer is apart from say to them your son needs a break and you need his help and see how they get on? My heart goes out to you, as only a week or so ago, I had such stress from my outlaws, it made me ill, please dont let it upset you, I think looking back, I should have been firmer and more direct, (I hate hurting peoples feelings though, but it ends up hurting my feelings instead!) maybe thats an option, saying it as it is, and see what the consequences are, or having a big heart to heart with her and tell her your upset and why? Good luck with it though :)

Ta Ta for now,

Sara xxxxxx

Good morning, Violets!!

A new day and a great looking one at that! I'm up and at'em for VBS. Only today and tomorrow of teaching and then they will have a special program on Friday that I don't have to lead.

Nobody else has upped our bid for the boat we'd love to get on ebay so keep your fingers crossed for us today. The bidding ends at 5 and I'll be poised at the keyboard ready to pounce on anyone who dares to outbid me!!!

I've learned my lesson and today am eating my cottage cheese and blueberries v e r y

s l o w l y.

We're going out for chinese for lunch and I'll have to continue to watch how fast I'm eating.

Kat.. sorry you're having so many issues with the grandkids and the inlaws. Hang in there!!

Sara....don't know about the admirer part, but at least he's lookin' !! It's pretty flattering for someone my age, to say the least.

Well, I better get going and get my hair curled before I need to leave for the day. Everyone have a good one!!

WWJD??!! (hopefully all the right stuff today!!)

YIKES!! I just lost my whole post. I do not have time to retype it all!!

Laura, Terri, congrats on the weight loss!! I am so happy for you!

Hello everyone else!! Sorry no more personals, but I have to run!!

Take care everyone!!

I lost my long post earlier today too. Seems to happen when I hit the backspace key ??

Judy - I'm the Queen of Ebay ... have you heard of auction "sniping"? There are services out there that will monitor your auction and swoop in in the last 7 seconds with your bid. Very valuable service. Go to Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay We were out with my step-daughter and her husband last night and I got stuck on some fish too....I know it was because I was talking and not paying attention. Started sliming like crazy and had to leave the table. They don't know I'm banded so it's really embarrassing! SD was practically in mid-sentence when I had to leave. Going out again tonight with girlfriends and I am determined to be more diligent. Just when I think I need another fill something like that happens and I think, "No, I think I'll hang here for awhile."

Thanks, Tracy!! :)

Sara - It is so good to have you back posting again! We missed you!

Good morning! I have yet another busy day.... I am retaining Water like a baloon and thank heavens my TOM arrived early so that maybe I'll be done before we head to Branson on Saturday.. I was hoping to hit the 220's this week but I keep bouncing today was 233.. so I doubt I will make it....... Have a great day everyone :)

NOOO *I* Am the queen of Ebay! LOL!

I don't mind artificial sweeteners.. I grew up with sweet-n-low in my tea/coffee and didn't realize it wasn't sugar.. so now, I have no problem using it in drinks.. and splenda in recipes is good IMO.

I hate peaches though, the only peaches I like are the peaches & cream oatmeal hehe. If I tried to eat a normal piece of peach I gag (reminds me of egg yolk!). Normal oatmeal, with no sweeteners, I can eat it if I put milk and banana in it. But to me, that would end up being more calories & sugar than the peaches & cream pre-mix I like now. I guess the snubbing of flavored oatmeals pertain to the maple Syrup and brown sugar, etc ones. Those are alright.. I always preffered the fruit & cream mixes.

I made the roasted almonds last night from a recipe on the Abs diet page.. I don't like almonds, but these are decent. And I can snack on them, and hopefully stay full! We had 2 boxes of wedding cake left over, I threw one out, and there was very little left in the 2nd. Husband actually WOKE ME UP last night to ask me if I ate it all. I have a hard time falling asleep, so needless to say that miffed me.. but I told him I threw it away.. it's too tempting!! I can resist all things.. except CAKE!!!

I've been eating little bites since Saturday and I had to get the darn thing out of my house. I think he ate the last of what was left (hopefully) last night, so no more stupid cake.

Laura -- It's a whole new ball game now....getting used to throwing food AWAY is not easy to do!!! But it sure feels good once it's done! I do soooo much better with my eating at home where there is very little junk food then when I'm at work...where a botomless stash of Peanut M&M's is about 10' away. I do find that if I can tough it thru about 1-2 days of not eating any then after that they are easier to resist (generally).

And...No....I AM THE EBAY QUEEN!

Hey, Laura-- I know how to settle this once and for all. What's your feedback score?? LOL

LOL! I just sent a paypal payment for the motorcycle candy molds that I just bought.......... :tea: and I've been cruising the dress listings.

OMG I have major TOM cramps............. I am about ready to just go home and lay down... (they are strangely HORRIBLE today) Must be the extra estrogen being released from my fat cells. I am forcing myself to down the Water so that the bloating will cease.

Ok, ok... maybe you're the queen of ebay lol. But I feel like I live on it!! I have 129 feedback, keeping in mind about 50 people that never gave me feedback. Does it annoy you when you buy on e-bay and their feedback comment on you is an ad for their store? That drives me nuts..

Today I did a nice thing. VERY NICE. For my b'day, we always go to vegas.. this year we went to tunica so I could dabble in some tournaments. Husband didn't get me anything for my b'day since we were goin on vacation.. not even a card, and I let him know how much that bothered me.

In other news, he's been begging me to let him get an xbox 360. He's like a kid, he is wanting it so bad, but I know if we get it, it'll be a waste of 400ish dollars because he will play it for a week and it'll go in the collection of other game systems he never plays. But this begging has gone on since Christmas 06.

His birthday is coming up (Aug 26), so I was looking online, and I did it.. I bought the stupid xbox!!!! I roll my eyes at myself for giving in, but hopefully this opens the door for him to get me something I like (and not what I 'need'---which is how he normally buys me presents) come my next Birthday. Now I just have to make sure he doesn't try to buy it in the next couple of weeks! I've had my foot down for months, so hopefully he doesn't.

Morning ladies! How is everyone doing today? I am wonderful. My scale showed 2 pounds less this morning!!! I have proven to myself that the more Protein I eat the better my progress. Yesterday for dinner I had two pieces of roasted chicken. WHOA! I couldn't believe it when I was able to eat all of that. A leg and a thigh, a side salad and a piece of bread too. I was thinking that maybe it's time for a fill again. But here I am this morning and I'm struggling to get down a piece of toast with Peanut Butter on it. I've been going at it since about nine in the morning. And at lunch when I eat my tuna with crackers it's also going to be a struggle. Maybe I'll wait on the fill...

Hey, has anyone become more skin sensitive since getting banded? I get these huge welts on my arms if I carry anything in the crook of my elbow. Or if my dog accidentally scratches me it turns into a huge welt. Or if I have an itch and I scratch it, even lightly, it turns into a welt. Strange... this only started after I got banded. I noticed it immediately after.

Josie - WHERE ARE YOU? We miss you...

Yup.. for the most part I've been really lucky with ebay. I have gotten some nice clothes and now have shrunk out of all of them. This boat is the biggest item I've ever bid on. It's near us and is a Sheriff's boat so it's been well taken care of. I'm going to bid our max bid in the last minute and hopefully nobody else will have time to top us. Nobody has bid since I put our bid on it yesterday afternoon. Hope that's a good sign.

I'm off to go paint the railing. That project has been in the works for weeks now and I just can't seem to find the time to get at it!!

Will check back later.

JUDY Did you see my info about Auction Sniper.com?? Here's a repeat:

Judy - I'm the Queen of Ebay ... have you heard of auction "sniping"? There are services out there that will monitor your auction and swoop in in the last 7 seconds with your bid. Very valuable service. Go to Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay

BTW - My feedback score is 404, and I've left feedback on 558 transactions. I win! :tea: