Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi ladies!

Welcome Smyly---not sure I got the name right, and unable to scroll far enough back to check!!!

Judy, glad the soreness is easing! But hey at least you protected your cool bike!!! j/k!!

Ms. Jenn---WOW!!! You look a good 10 years younger!!! I was always afraid when the fat left my face the wrinkles would sag and would age, but hopefully I will be as lucky as you!!! Good Work!

Jennifur---hope the foot holds up tonight, ice & liquid motrin sounds like the plan. RICE is what they always told my kids for sprains, Rest (you messed up already!!!!) Ice, Compression, Elevation. Hope it is ok---and that your interview pans out for you.

Gina---just be careful not to get too tight. Sometimes, when you can eat a lot, just not the right things you are actually already too tight. Being too tight can cause problems for a long time to come, so be very careful!!

Tracy---I know you are off on your vacation---if you log on---ENJOY!!!

Terry--whoop me---no workout today, and while I have time tonight, I cannot guarantee I will do it! I personally would wait for the fill. This is not a race, and being away and overfull could be horrendous~ JMHO

Sara---good for you working out today!!! Hows hubby?

Denise don't work too hard!!

Laura---where ya at chickie???

Well today was a loooong day. But we will start with last night. The kids went to their counseling session, and let them know there was something going on, so he spoke with all of them, and told Lindzie point blank she did not have to tell anyone anything she did not want to, and if she was afraid to go, all she had to do was to say so, and let her Daddy know she wanted him to protect her. She would only say she just didn't want to go. He told her she could play in the corner of the room while he talked to the adults, and she sat over there coloring but listening closely. Where the table was she actually had to turn around to see them, and she did on occasion but for the most part just sat very alert they said. The therapist, wrote a note, on a manilla file folder, telling them not to mention anything direct in regards to this--let her relax and be comforted that Daddy will protect her. So they talked about how to discipline children effectively when there is an age discrepency. Twice in that time she tried to involve herself in the conversation, and he told her she didn't have to worry about that, that the parents would take care of it, it was not anything a child need to worry about. She is pretty cautious about arguing with unknown adults so was quiet!!! He is meeting with Dad Monday at lunch to give him some suggestions on how to help her open up.

As for her Mother, she did not react much when he told her, but she called and left a message (dumb girl, it is of course saved as evidence now!) saying she thought her bf scared Lindzie last time because she and the little boy who is like 18 month old, were taking a bath together, and Lindzie let him go under the Water, and he got bubbles in his eyes and was crying and the bf yelled at Lindzie for not watching him properly. She has tried calling back several times, but has not left other messages, and they will not take a call on their cell phones from her---but she was not outraged at the new visitation order he made, and has not said anything about legal problems etc.

A 6 year old should not be left in charge of a rambunctious 18 month old in bathwater---period. That is their child, they need to watch him.

Today my DD took her to the pediatrician. I sat in the waiting room with the girls while she spoke to her, about the situation, so she did a documented well child check on Lindzie, and kind of the same on Kinsey...more as a cover. We told Lindzie it was her check up for back to school. The Dr. told Manda she would not physically check for sexual abuse unless it had been verbalized, because the child would see it as another assault.

She ask her all kinds of questions, then would change direction, and come back to things. She did get her to pee in a sterile hat and the dip was negative for blood, or infection. With Kinsey just in the hospital and her input and output measured, Lindzie didn't even blink at peeing in the hat!!!

All in all, she was ok today, some usual, jealousy things, and arguing---wanting to be able to fit in the front seat section of a shopping cart, and crying when told she was too big...that kind of usual thing for her.

The biggest PITA today was her Dad, he is just bouncing off the walls, he is livid, he is scared, and he is all of them at once! He could not hardly voice one thought without 10 others crowding in, he made me crazy---my poor DD!!!!

Anyway, I will keep you posted, and let you know if anything is discovered.

DH is working late again tonight...the last 2 nights as well. The guy he works with at the same management level, is on vacation so Rick has not just his own half of the department to deal with he has it all! But next week---HE is on vacation!!!

Well I am off to brew some fresh tea.....TTYL!!

Kat

Thanks Tracy for posting the pictures for me. :clap2: I appreciate everyone's compliments. I hate to take pictures since I have gained so much weight, but I'm on the right track now.

I went to a convention today and saw many of my friends who haven't seen me in quite awhile and most were suprised and commented on how great I looked. I see the difference with my before picture and I'm wearing smaller clothes but my brain hasn't caught up with my body yet.

My girlfriend complained that I'm obsessing. Everytime we talk I'm either on my way to, or at the gym or on my way home from the gym. She is my #1 supporter in my weightloss journey and begged me to take a day off from the gym. ...But she doesn't know the 'Nazi'.

My girlfriend complained that I'm obsessing. Everytime we talk I'm either on my way to, or at the gym or on my way home from the gym. She is my #1 supporter in my weightloss journey and begged me to take a day off from the gym. ...But she doesn't know the 'Nazi'.

Damn straight.

Ok.. it was picture day today and I gotta share. It's been 4 months since surgery. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!

post-215048-13813135366848_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813135367176_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813135367485_thumb.jpg

post-215048-138131353678_thumb.jpg

OMG!!!

Remember the jeans I couldn't wear, yadda yadda, my goal was to be able to wear them to the Incubus concert end of this month?

Well for those who do.. I had lost the jeans in the move, I had them in one of the millions of bags of clothes we never unpacked. Today I was in the closet hanging up a new jacket I got, and I saw them peeking out of a bag.

So I dared them... And????

THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **PERFECTLY**

Not too tight, not too big. Just right. It was amazing. I danced around and kicked my legs up so I could see them in the mirror (they're really hot bell bottoms that sit low on the waist and give me the 'illusion' of butt!)

I was so excited, I just had to share with you guys before I hit the sheets.

Taking my niece to Chuck-E-Chz in the morning. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Judy - I am speechless!! You are soooooo beautiful!! Just an incredible difference and you look so much happier and healthier!

For those of you who have not posted to my thread "What has Improved for You?"....please go do that! It's so inspiring to see all the wonderful things happening for everyone!

Awesome job Judy----I bet you feel wonderful looking at those pictures. My 50 lb loss pics, seemed like 2 different people! Great job!!!

Laura---I have to say it, you know I do......I TOLD YOU SO!!! I remember telling you not to put them away too far, soon the would fit, and if you weren't careful you would miss the moment!!! I am so glad you can see the progress you are making! Enjoy Chuck E.'s

Terry---been there & left my mark---same as everywhere---I nose into EVERYTHING!!! It is an inspiring thread.

Jennifer---invite your friend to the gym with you!!! Get her endorphins kicked in, and let her obssess WITH you!!!

Well I am off to offer unsolicited advice!!!

TTYL!

Kat

Morning All :)

OMG Judy....You have lost SO MUCH weight!!!!!! You look fantastic, and it shows all of the hard work you have put in. :clap2:

Terry, well, personally I wouldnt have a fill prior to your holiday, the reason being is PBing (I did it once in the resturant, when I was so stressed re David and I couldnt eat anything, and I was so embarrased, and apologised profusly, luckily not many folks were near by) personally Id set up a fill a day or so after you get back. Then you can relax on hols, enjoy it, I bet you dont put any weight on....you'll see! :wacko:

Kat, Daves doing ok. The physio told him to walk a mile a day, and hes doing that now, but yesterday Im sure he over did it, he walked up to the hills at the back of our home (2+ miles!) and had to take a pain killer last night. His upper back has all of the plates n pins in, he says thats ok, but lower down (where his mid pelvis is fractured) he says he feels like his skin is burning deep down? I think it must be where his muscles etc were severely bashed, his left bottom is slowly going back to a normal shape too, it was badly dented instead of round, and its only just going back to normal (it was a month ago yesterday he had the accident 10th July) Oh how time flys! But he's doing good so far, he's lucky the girls are home (uni and college) when they go back in Sep/Oct thats when he may get a bit lonely, we'll see....

Tracyk, aw thanks for your kind words, I have missed everyone, and this place is getting me focused again! :)

Well folks, its been a week since I had a fill and got a restriction, bearing in mind Im not drinking any alcohol either (which Im sure has played a major part in this weeks weight loss) Ive lost 5lbs. I havent done as well as you all, I must confess. In total Ive now lost 2 stone (28lbs) so Ive a lot of catching up to do! At least I know my band is working now, and I am so pleased. I really hope I can get a regular weight loss now, but like you all have been doing, I have to really work at it.

Have a great Saturday!!

Lots of Love

Sara xxxxxxxx

Judy-One again, you have inspired me more than than words can ever express. How wonderful you are doing! You look so great. Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Today is my DD 4th b-day party. I am trying to get over the nervousness of wearing my bathing suit. I just keep reminding myself of what you all said...STRUT. I am going to do my best to act like I am not scared out of my wits. I will not be home until tomorrow....so until then, take care everyone and remember WWJD?!

YAY LAURA!!!! Good job on the jeans!!

Morning Ladies

TracyK - put the suit on, you look awesome girlfriend and I guarantee you that after the initial walk out to everyone, you will forget you have it on and have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy - holy crap!!!!!!!!!! all that exercise tightened up so much... you are so beautiful

Terry - omg, that is so good to know, I remember seeing an advil story so I have stayed away... I'm going to get childrens motrin as soon as I have coffee!!!

So - I think the interview went ok, I would love the job, but here is something ironic... I have lunch a couple times a month at the bank I worked with - I meet my friends. One of my friends is the boss in the mail room. they have been saying for months that one of the strong full time people is going to leave. Well, yesterday he interviewed at the state and is done working on 8/23 and John needs a replacement by then. I told him I would be in Monday am to talk to him, if the pay is decent, I'm going to take it and start asap! I would get back all the time I was there, so I'll be 100% vested the second I walk in the door and I'll have 3 weeks vacation, 10days sick, 3 personal, they would pay for school. I would have to work 1 day 3-11 but shoot, that is so much better than 6 nights of that killing myself. I can keep sat & sun nights at the shop for a short time to catch up a bit. John is leaving soon too and that would be an opening for mail room supervisor. who knows???????

Laura

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! isn't that a great feeling. I put on a size 16 skirt yest that was one of my favorites. i'm going to post a pic. I looked awesome and that felt great... keep up the great work

Thanks for all the compliments, Violets. We're in this together and we Celebrate our victories together and help each other with the bumps in the road. That's what is so great about this group!!! I don't think there is another thread on here like us.

Jennifur... WOW...remember when you were stressing about not being able to find a job and now the offers seem to be coming out of the woodwork. this one you just described sounds super! Like I said before.. If it's meant to be, it WILL be!!

Sara...glad to hear Dave is doing better. He's got to remember to take it easy though! Don't push too hard til he's healed. CONGRATS on the 5#!! That's awesome! I bet it feels a lot better than a glass of wine tastes, right??? :wacko:

Tracy.. you look great in that bathing suit... as we have all said... STRUT yer stuff and be proud of what you have accomplished.

Laura... another victory for you!! woooo hooooooo!!:clap2:

I'm feeling better today so I think the bike tumble is wearing off without any lasting effects. Except that I will never, ever ride a bike without a helmet just so I don't mess my hair!!! Thank goodness I changed my ways a year ago.

I'm off to go paint the railing on the deck. It seems to be a neverending project. I don't even have all the priming done yet.. arghhhhhhh

Everyone have a great day and remember... WWJD??!!