Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Huntress -- I think I am totally where you are too. I think I want a fill, but don't want to screw up my trip to Vegas in Sept. Grrrrrrrrrr. It's so hard to decide.

Judy - I am just not comfortable with so few calories. Not only the hunger thing, I just dont like the idea of slowing down my metabolism any MORE than it already is!! I prefer to eat at almost a maintenance level, then backing off of that just by a few hundred calories....losing more slowly, of course, but feeling better. My hypoglycemia has taught me much! LOL

Hi TrackinKS! I'm here just been REALLY busy! I'll read everyone's posts from the past few days and try to catch up. I'll be gone most of today and tomorrow too! Hopefully will be back on Sunday!!

I hope everyone is doing well...I'm trying to behave myself and do what Judy does!!! :)

haven't caught up on the posts yet, but here is our very own

MS_Jen!!! (Jen right click on each of these images and save to your computer.)

msjenavi.jpg This is sized small enough to be your AVATAR

msjenpic.jpg

msjenaug07.jpg

Congrats to all who were banded in April. I was banded April 30, 2007 by Dr. Kelly of UMass in Worcester, MA. He was the best. I have had two fills since then. The first was 1cc and the second was .5cc. They like to do a little at a time, so there are no complications, thank goodness for that!

Also to date I have lost 55.9 ponds and going strong. My goal for September was 50 pounds, so I made a new goal of 60 pounds. Three pants sizes down and two shirt sizes. So excited and proud.

Would love to hear from all you April 07 Bandsters. Keep on trecking to your goal.:whoo:

HIYA Smly!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are kicking booty!

I am definately super restricted right now....... or I'm having that first bite syndrome thing..... I am just going to ATTEMPT to go with it and see if I lose weight while on vacation........ right now my stomach is rumbling but if I take even one bite I need to stop....

I know its like what HouseHuntress described.. I have to take smaller bites and SLOW DOWN........... :) I'll try

Denise: HOLY CrAP batman you are nearly in the teens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way I'm catching up with you now!

I think that I will be able to button those size 14's with the help of a gut sucker.............. not today but by Labor Day.

REMINDER............. I WILL BE ON VACATION STARTING TONIGHT!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE send me BE GOOD VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!

One GOOD thing.... if I keep on with this level of restriction there is NO way that I will be eating a Funnel Cake Supreme... maybe ONE bite and thats it!

I think the interview itself went well, but then he told me background check, no problems there, drivers check... again good to go... and credit check... PROBLEM.... I've been unemployed for a year... everything gets paid but not always on time... shoot, i'm living on $350/wk for a year.

He said as long as no BK/Foreclosrue/liens I should be fine, so keep your fingers crossed. it would be a great job.

TracyKS- Good vibes going your way, have fun

To everyone else, hello.. hehehe. I just got in, have 45 mins to get ready for work and off I go... going to wrap my foot and hope I survive the night!

Ok Ladies, I'm off to work! not happy, wrapped my foot and squeezed it into a sneeker. I know I'm going to have to have it checked.

I just needed to share, I put on my size 16 skirt... I had it on a month ago but it was still tight around my belly. It is still a little tight around my stomach but not uncomfortable and it looks almost as good on me now as when I bought it. I'll have to take a pic when I get my camera back from my friend.

Have a great night all, I'll check in when I get home from work

Evening All :)

Well I actually did a workout today...shock horror!! Felt so much better for it too.

Aw thanks for the kind words Judy, I really look forward to logging on here every day now. The Disney trip sounds really fun, I took my kids years ago to Euro Disney and we loved it.

Huntress, cant you phone up the doc and see if he can do a fill for you next week, or eariler than your pre booked one?

Tracy sending you 'happy vibes' for your holiday, I hope you have a wonderful time, go and enjoy yourself...and have lots of fun xxxx

Mrs Jen, wow the pics of you show you have lost a lot of weight, its great to meet you too :(

Smly, wow youve done so well weight loss wise, congrats!!

Jennifur, let us know about the job, it sounds positive though, do you think you'll find out by Monday? I've got an interview coming up soon, this coming week in fact, but Im unsure if its the right thing or not to be honest, but theres no harm in going....

Take care all,

Lots of Love

Sara xxxxx

:clap2:Ms._Jen...

You are looking great, woman!!! What a difference, especially in your face. Keep up the great work and I'm PROUD of you!!!:clap2::clap2:

Hello to All you wonderful loosing Violets!!

My schedule has been over the top lately. I try to catch up on the reading when I can. Kudo's to all of you. :whoo:You're all winners!

My hindsight is this. Last month I was having problems with *sticking*. For those that haven't experienced it..well it HURTS and then makes your esophagus swollen and more likely to get stuck again.

My Doctor wanted to give me another fill and said I had plenty of room and I wasn't too full (he always does a fluro..one of the reasons I picked him). I told him NO...I wanted to wait another month...I couldn't get much down because of the sticking. He said to slow down I was eating too fast and taking too big of bites. He was totally CORRECT.

Sad part of the story..I feel better since I've done what he said but haven't lost a pound this whole month. I eat more, I'm hungerier and don't feel full. Next Tuesday is weigh day:angry, I don't like to loose my momentum.

Sooo, long story short..don't do what I did. I've missed a whole month of opportunity to loose.

I am right there with you! I have been stuck more in the past 4 weeks than the 3 months prior. I am not losing - hungry all the time -- very frustrating. I see the doctor for a fill next week - thursday.

Good luck you!

Gina

Ms Jen – great job – keep up the good work. You are looking younger!

Welcome Smly!

Tracy – You have the restriction I like and want – take one bit and satisified. Hope you enjoy your vacation and don’t have any issues – at all – of any kind. Good Vibes coming your way from Virginia.

Gina

Have fun Tracy!!!! ((((((be careful)))))) we'll mis ya'

Ms Jen-Great job!! What a pretty lady you are!!

Good to see you again Denise!!

Hi Terri!!!

Pamela-hope your having a great time at the cape (like your really gonna read this while your there) lol

Well....my good new is the scale FINALLY went down a pound today. It was stuck on 213 for about 2 weeks so 212 was a much welcomed sight!! now maybe I can eat a small piece of my dd b-day cake tomorrow? Small being the key word!

Everyone have a great evening & weekend!!

Sara-I agree with Judy. It is so great to see you posting regularly again!

Ok, ya'll convinced me. I need a fill....AND to slow down my eating even more than I have been.

Ya'll vote: should I wait a month to get my fill or go ahead and get the hard part over with (1st 2 weeks for me)? I am seriously hungry all the time....not losing an ounce. Today was my 'official weigh in day' and I was at 190....this is the 3rd Friday I weighed the same. If I'm tight in Vegas...then have even a couple of cocktails I'll be sorry. So I wouldn't be able to drink at all :wacko: Oh, how I would hate to be PBing on my vacation!!! What to do?

Hey MsJen - You look incredible...not even like the same person! You must feel so wonderful!

Hi Tracy! - Congrats on the NEW number!! Isn't that refreshing!? May you see another for your birthday!

Jenn - you and I have about the same amount to lose now! You must be looking some kind of hawt!! We want pics!!! so sorry about the foot. Are you putting ice on it? You'll need to tonight for sure! Advil would help too. Take children's liquid Motrin....NOT the pills! I learned a hard lesson on that one.

Denise? Ahem. Have you just not updated your exercise challenge 'ticker'?? I know you can't possibly be at -0- (as in zero) workouts for the month!

Judy - How are you feeling this evening?