Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Oh Tekymom:

This is wonderful news. i am praying for your quick healing!

Gina

Thanks Gina!

I also drink propel. It tastes good and gives me a break from the normal un-taste of Water. lol

Propel makes me ick.. too too fake sweetness. I'm glad I'm not the only one though. I still can't binge like I use to, but I definitely am getting too hungry for my happiness. Time for my fill!! I'm hoping it makes me feel like I did after surgery, I was tight and didn't care to eat, so I only ate just to get sustenance. Now I'm making iffy choices.. not on a daily basis, but its in my head on a daily basis. Had half a slice of cheesecake last night and today had a chili AND Baked potato.

Teachlady -Thanks so much for telling me how to put the logo on. Sometimes the simplest things I can't figure out when it comes to computers. Also I love those charms. They're a little spendy , I know because I've priced them before. You are so worth it though !

Kat187-I have to admit my oldest son was giving me quite abit of help and we managed to get 6 roses bushes planted. I am sore today , using muscles I haven't used in a long time. Working outside can relieve alotof stress, I hope all is well with you and yours.

Angie38-Gosh , I'm sorry that happened to you. Nothing worse than being out of sorts in public. Lisa

For about 10 days I was the perfect dieter... and I lost 8 lbs to show for it!... but then Friday and each day since I've "blown it" in some way... I haven't had any major pig out fests, which is good, but I ate a sandwich one day, a cookie another, etc... so now I am worried about tomorrow, but hey, it is what it is... but the good thing about this is that I know that I was really giving the dieting my all but eventually the hunger won out (as it always does) and then it's a slippery slope back to unaware eating. I *need* this band to keep me feeling full longer and to enable to me eat less and more quality food and remove the ability to overindulge...

Sorry for going on & on... just the thoughts bouncing around in my head like a pinball machine... thanks for listening.

YUP, that would be me.What I eat now compared to what I would be eating...holy cow. No wonder I've lost 25 pounds. I get onto myself for having a 70 calorie Gerber Cereal bar and five of them all day but I remember not just a month ago that whole box would have been gone in under an hour.

Kat - thanks for the info. I think I will try and switch the training session to either the morning or to Friday. I am not concerned with on the tummy exercises, don't do those, I am concerned with being able to hydrate enough to workout hard. After this first fill then I will see how I react. You sound like it is great fun. I like the whole diversion thing you do. Good luck with your hubby.

Tekymom - sorry about the port incision. That ususally happens to me, but I was fortunate that I wasn't allergic or reactive to the glue the doc used. In fact many other surgeries I have had to have wound care nursing. Good luck with the healing.

Have a great night all you beautiful violets!

Michelle

I have an appointment with my Dr. on Thursday, and the woman who made the appointment said she could possibly do a fill that same day. I am having such a hard time today. I am supposed to go back to work next Tuesday, and as of today there is no way!!! My stamina and the way my tummy feels is miserable. I do remember the nutritionist saying something about needing B-12, does anyone know anything about it? Maybe that is my trouble just a B-12 defiency?

Thanks for letting me babble!!!

Jane

Vitamins!?! Yes, yes, yes!!!

Here is my doctor's recommendation:

1 month: chewable Multivitamin with Iron (1 2x/day)

Thiamine ((vitamin B1) and Biotin

Vitamin B-12 - subligual 1000 mcg 2x/week or B12

injectios monthly.

After 1 month: He strongly recommended that you change your Vitamins to bariatric vitamins. H cave a list of web-sites and the one that has the best prices was www.bariatricadvantage.com . From that site I get: Multivitamin

sublingual B-12 and a chewable Iron supplement.

After 3 months: Add calcium citrate with Vitamin D ( you need 1200-15oo mg/day). Do not take more than 500 mg at a time and DO NOT TAKE WITH IRON. (Iron and Calcium fight for the same absorption sites in the body)

I ordered a 90-day supply the multi -vitamin and they sent samples of the flavors of calcium. I already had a supply of the B12. So I set up an automatic mail of 90-day supply and they mail it free and gave me a $10.00 discount. I ordered last Thursday and received the order today.

He gave me a 4 page list of when deficiencies occur what can happen. If nyou want a copy pm me your mailing address and I send it to you.

Went and weighed myself today and i'm down to 295 from my original weight on my OP day (04/12) of 307...

I have to admit i'm a little disappointed, I had really hoped to be closer to 20lbs lost by now given i'm pretty much just eating Soups and anything low fat/cal right now. Maybe i'm just being over anxious... I had really been watching what I eat but at the same time it's been hard because I feel like I have little to no restriction.

I'm thinking things will get better once I can get a fill or two in, considering the size of my band (VG 11) maybe that's just what I need, well that and waiting for my follow up with my surgeon to get the OK to start going to the gym and hitting the weights.

Any suggestions or words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate

Randy

oh I just wanted to say hello everyone and are the shrinking violets going for the LONGEST thread ever????? It is great all the support here for the April 07's....GO VIOLETS....all is good with me now. I have been walking everyday, today 2.5 miles then riding my new bike, tonight I rode around 4 miles...and right now...DH is cooking POPCORN...and it smells sooooooooo good...I think I will go kick his A** right now....I am on mushy still til Thursday..OH...and we went to Taco Bell for dinner tonight...and we spent under $7.00 for three of us...DH, DD and me....What I said when boy told me the price....what do you mean 6.79......how could it be that much? We didnt get drinks but this is unreal.....we used to spend over 20 sometimes 25!! I told DH....GUESS WHAT...that means we can eat out on THursday tooo!!!! But, I dont think I want to...the Beans that I had didnt even taste as good as the ones that I have been eating out of a can...WOW...CANT HARDLY BELIEVE I JUST SAID FAST food DIDNT TASTE GOOD!!!!! Maybe I am running a fever...LOL...Deanna

Hey everyone,

I have to take a multi w/ Iron daily and a b-12 sublingual daily...for the rest of my life! And then after 3 months I have to add Calcium. But I think I need to get some biotin...I've noticed a lot of hair in the brush:omg: ! I have long hair, and I kinda like it. I do get Protein in daily. 20 in Breakfast shake, 15 in Water, and 15 in cottage cheese...not to mention chicken, Beans, cheese, and other protein sources. So, Biotin here I come. I hope this is short lived!

On a good note, I called in for a sub for my night class, and went to the gym for an hour!!! That felt great, I did cardio and weight on the free weights and machines. I did not do abs, which, before lapband, I was doing 100 every time I worked out...just didn't work out but once or twice a week. Anyway, it felt great! Since I quit smoking I can really do a strong cardio workout! It is nearly 100 degrees here all ready, so it is hard to do cardio sometimes. I don't mind working out, just trying to find the time. But my night school is almost over!!! :clap2: I try to workout before work, but it is really hard to watch Dancing w/ the Stars and American Idol, and get up at 4:30am.

Anywho, I've read so much today here and it is hard to keep up. Love ya all...have a good night!

Hello Violets, I have been having problems with my port incision. They thought it was infected then they thought it was a reaction to the tape or something. It is just not healing...4 weeks out. I went today and he cut off the old incision and restitched. He said if it heals as it should I should be able to get the stitches out and get my fill as scheduled next Thursday.

Hi Tekymom,

Aww big (((Hug))) I hope your port site heals quickly for you, you poor thing.

Sara x

Morning everyone

I think I'm going to call my dr today and change my appt to a 6 week check up. I am bouncing between 235 & 236 and it is kind of frustrating. I am eating 3 small meals, 2scrambled eggs, 3/4 - 1 cup of Soup and a 3oz turkey burger. I am comfortably full when I eat but not loosing. I am getting in all my Water and as I have not been walking the last few days because I have so much homework to do but I have been doing yard work, yesterday I raked and mowed the front lawn on my hw break.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am so very frustrated, I am down a total of 21 inches but my clothes are not falling off me some are a little big and some fit perfectly. I would have hoped for a difference after 3 weeks, next week is officially a month.

Hi there to you all. Well I am in trouble. On Friday last my port moved and I have been in terrible pain. I had been suffering with gas pain but that seemed to have eased off. I noticed on Friday evening that the middle of my abdomen was sore and swollen. Then by Sunday it was red. I went to see my surgeon yesterday and he as confirmed what I already knew, that the port has moved and needs to be replaced. I am so disappointed.

He has put me on antibiotics for 10 days and he will replace the port on May 21st. He can do this under local anaesthetic. Has this happened to anyone? I would love to hear from someone who has had this problem.

I am still in pain especially by the evening as it is pressing against something and the pain is going right through into my back.

I am banded 2 weeks today and apart from bad gas pains have been doing ok. I am only just starting to feel slight hunger the past couple of days, but I have been full of energy and definitly feeling the benefits of my weight loss so far. Anyway I am not going to get myself down over this. I will hopefully be sorted on the 21st May.

Glad to read that you are all doing great, keep up the good work.

Brenners x

I really was glad about the Vitamin issues everyone shared. I think that is part of my problem! I am going to look into some of the Water. I like my water with ice and from the tap. I am not nor have I have ever been a soda drinker, so I think that flavored water may taste like soda. I will go to the store and see. Do they make unflavored vitamin water?

Thanks again!!

Jane

Brenners,

Keep your chin up. Once your port is replaced you will do very well with the band. We are all here for you, please keep us posted. Did he give you something for the pain? Sending you big hugs and lots of positive energy!

Kity, yes he gave me painkillers which I have to take 3 times a day. They are taking the edge off the pain but as I said by the evening I am very sore. Im just concerned that the port is pushing against something it shouldnt be, but the surgeon said that it is not.

I am disappointed as I had started walking 30 minutes a day and for the first time in my life actually enjoying excercise! My surgeon said no walks until the port is replaced. I cant wait to get back on track and re-start the walking.

Thanks for your thoughts and positive energy! I still have no regrets being banded, and even though its only been 2 weeks I can say, hand on heart, thats it is the best thing I have ever done. I am just going to look forward to having it replaced and getting on with my weight loss!

Brenners