Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks!! You are right. :-).

Heather, I am in the same boat. My 4 week was yesterday. I have lost 9 pounds. I am following the drs plan since surgery. It is frustrating. I just need to trust it will come off. Slow and steady. I am also having the same BM issues. That's the worst.

Mary Jo

We'll get there, it will take us while. Keep in touch.

I had the same issues what I did for a week was dropped my calories to 500 to shock my body and then brought it back up to 700 a week later and the weight started to come off again , this is what worked for me . I totally get what your saying you fetal like you did this for nothing I felt the same way at 4 weeks that I was failing and how could I do this to myself. Your doing great everyone losses at different rates. Your body is trying to catch up to you. Don't stress it it will come off. I'm here cheering you on. We can do this I am two months tomorrow and I am just now starting to like my rny not love but like. Your not alone keep your chin up and work with the program it will come off. Your doing great

Hope all of us slow losers have a good week. And slow is still losing. I know it feels like we have done all this for nothing some days but we haven't. I never even felt like I did the band for nothing when it was slow and all came back. I knew that I may not have lost and maintained with the band, but I feel it kept me from going over the 200 pound mark. I am 4'10" and getting close to the 200 mark was starting to be as wide as i was tall. I expect to lose slow and I will be happy just not gaining and finding a good spot to maintain and to be healthier. I just want to feel good. I want to have a good mental and emotional balance as well. There is a lot to figure out in all this and our bodies are thrown for a loop no doubt, Let things catch up, This is not a diet we can just go off of and start back next monday. This is a lifestyle change of a major kind. Let's remind ourselves how lucky we are to have been given this tool. I was always thankful for my band, even when it didn't really work, cause I knew there were so many who would have wanted it and couldn't get it approved or have insurance. try to remember how excited we were when we got the call we were approved,

I am just rattling. But I hope some of it makes sense or cheers somebody up. Love you guys to pieces.

I too, am a slow loser:( had my surgery 11/6 and I've only lost like 25lbs!! I do not dump and I don't really ever feel full.... I am worried!!! My follow up is on the 17th and I'm dying to ask if he can do this surgery again!!aubey pouch is to big?! Idk.... Keep us posted though, I feel your pain!! We go through all this expecting miracles!

I too' date=' am a slow loser:( had my surgery 11/6 and I've only lost like 25lbs!! I do not dump and I don't really ever feel full.... I am worried!!! My follow up is on the 17th and I'm dying to ask if he can do this surgery again!!aubey pouch is to big?! Idk.... Keep us posted though, I feel your pain!! We go through all this expecting miracles![/quote']

It just depends what you eat. Try eating steak and youll feel that puch!

I am a slow loser and would never lose 5 lbs in a week. Hang on. As long as you are following the plan, it will happen. Your body will plateau and one of the times it happens is when you have hit a weight you have been at before. Those seem to be the hardest to get past for me. All my life I was either dieting or gaining. I try to tell myself to Celebrate that I'm not gaining when I hit those plateaus. I hope this surgery will help me change that to losing and being on a plateau. I can handle that.

It is Not a sprint, but a long distance race. Are you measuring and using a food/exercise log? For me, that's my motivation/driving force. I know that if I put less calories into my body than I expend, I will lose some. My Nike Fuel Band tells me how many calories I am burning each day. I measure each meal and calculate the calories. If I was successful each day [less calories in than out], I see a small result, [sometimes only in tenths of pounds]. But it works for me. I hope you find something that works for you. Keep strong and brave. We have faith in you.

Heather,

Any loss of weight is a good loss no matter how small. Be proud. Our weight loss is kind of like the saying "A watched pot never boils." Let's change it to "A weighed body, never loses!" Seems like the more we want it to happen the less it will. Thinking of you and sending hugs your way! It WILL be okay!

The most important thing you need to remember is that everyone is different so don't compare yourself. I know it's hard cause I did compare myself too BUT remember, you say you could of lost that much on your own remember you couldn't or you wouldn't of had the surgery. I said the same thing to my friend and she gave me a reality check by saying that and you know what, she was right. If I could of lost 2 pounds on my own I wouldn't of had to have the surgery. I couldn't stay commited and do it on my own so I had to. You couldn't lose 27 pounds in less than 2 months on your own so remember that. It's not only about the number it's also about staying commited to this and being consistant. You are being consistant losing 2 pounds a week so be proud. When was the last time you stayed on something for almost a month and consistatnly lost? Try and keep your head up. We have or all have been there. You are not alone. It's natural to feel this way. Just remember eveyone is different and the weight loss will increase. Try to also remember what you put your body through. It has no idea what you did to it. All it knows is it's starving and it's gonna hold on to what it can till it adjusts and relizes this is it's new way of life. Good luck and we are all here for you.

One day you can lose 1 pound the following week 10 pounds it depends. No one is the same & we lose weight differently. I'm at stall but I no longer care look how far I got 84lbs in 7 months. I never even lost 30 pounds in 1 year imagine 7 months.

I take my mind of depression & married to a butt hole doesn't help but I learn to ignore him. I love on line games such as family feud wheel of fortune bingo. Off line & on cross word puzzle. I go get my nails done every 2-3 weeks & my hair occasionally. I clean my house not something exciting but keeps my mind busy. I play with my kids. Watch TV movies. Have fruits instead if junk while I watch tv. I take a drive to the market but healthy stuff. Cut coupons. The list goes on. I don't have time to be sad & depress. It happens but I kick my own ass & quickly find something to do. I love music & exercise.

Thanks ALL!! Patience has never been a virtue of mine. We all have to learn to breathe! :wub:

I am in the same boat. Surgery was almost two weeks ago and I've lost 1-1/2 lbs. can't believe I did this to myself.

I am in the same boat. Surgery was almost two weeks ago and I've lost 1-1/2 lbs. can't believe I did this to myself.

You are still carrying Fluid weight from surgery. This will be coming off soon and you will start seeing the difference