Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You women with small children

I want to tell you i admire you for taking back your life and doing this surgery with small kids up to teenagers. Having to cook for them. Wow!! Gotta be hard if you fix something you liked.

There is no way i could do it.

God bless you for a speedy recovery with lots of strength

Hi there. I haven't had my surgery, but I do have a lil one. I think the thing that will stink the most is not getting to pick him up for a few weeks while I recover. But it will be worth it to be able to do things with him that I can't because of my size.

Hello, I have two, 11 & 16 and a husband and 17 days p.o, I thought it would be very Difficult! But have had no problem, thank goodness ;) but like someone wrote we have to change the way we are and the way we think about Food! We are on a New Journey a New Chapter, Fresh and anew! Hats off to everyone who is on this Path! Good luck to all!.

I want to tell you i admire you for taking back your life and doing this surgery with small kids up to teenagers. Having to cook for them. Wow!! Gotta be hard if you fix something you liked.

There is no way i could do it.

God bless you for a speedy recovery with lots of strength

I have 2 kids (age 5 and 9) and we house to teenage boys who play for our local hockey team (age 18) plus my hubby who is a farm kid and will only eat meat and potatoes. I too worried about cooking our family meals. The first few weeks were the hardest. Only because I was sick of mush! Now I am 12 weeks out and its nothing for me! I love to cook and still cook our big family meals. I can eat most everything in moderation and small amounts. The things I "liked" (examples: cake and bread) doesn't even sound good. You will have different feelings towards food! Or at least I do. I learned that food is fuel for me not something to comfort myself with. ;)

Good luck!

My girls are 6, 4, and 22m. I'm 7 weeks out now, and if I what I'm making for them for dinner is not a good choice for me, I find something that is and still share the dinner table with my girls and husband. They are handfuls let me tell ya, but I'm working on better health so this summer we can rock the bikes, beach, amusement parks, etc!!!!!

My girls are 6' date=' 4, and 22m. I'm 7 weeks out now, and if I what I'm making for them for dinner is not a good choice for me, I find something that is and still share the dinner table with my girls and husband. They are handfuls let me tell ya, but I'm working on better health so this summer we can rock the bikes, beach, amusement parks, etc!!!!![/quote']

Love it..good plan mom!

My girls are 6' date=' 4, and 22m. I'm 7 weeks out now, and if I what I'm making for them for dinner is not a good choice for me, I find something that is and still share the dinner table with my girls and husband. They are handfuls let me tell ya, but I'm working on better health so this summer we can rock the bikes, beach, amusement parks, etc!!!!![/quote']

Amusement parks rock!!

I have a hubby and two step children age 28 and 18 (disabled, but very capable) and I have been so lucky Hubby or daughter have pretty much feed each other in cooking and shopping and left me to my own little ounces here and there of what i eat. I might suggest something for hubby to fix for them or tell him how to make it but he has done great. At first the smells of some foods he was cooking bout sent me over the edge, But I am dong better. We had three grandchildren over the other night and daughter made their whole dinner so that was great. Not sure how I would feel if I had to do all the cooking and no eating. But hopefully I will get back into the swing of it and we will all eat healthier.

I have 7 year old and my mom has been staying with me so she has been doing the cooking.. well last night my daughter asked me to cook for her...ugh....it wasn't bad at all...the hardest part is not being able to make sure it's flavored well. I let her be the taste tester... lol...

Thanks:) that would be me. I have a 55 year old husband. A 33 year old (husband 1st son I feed him 5 days a week weekends he goes to his mom house to hang out. He lives with his mom works here as a porter(person that picks up garbage)) my kids 15 year old 4 year old 3 year old.

I cook 7 days a week 3 meals per day.

I can't offord to eat out too expensive occasional pizza or fries from McDonald is the most the kids see once a month or so.

I have my hubs who i dont cook for because he is all about greasy crap and on a hot wing kick. He believes the best meals come from a drive thru window. Because when i used to cook it was veggies and baked foods. So i don't have to cook for him. He has been fat all his life and doesn't know what is normal. He is over 400 lbs. nothing his parents and i haven't tried to tell him. He is 47 and a grown man. Hopefully me changing will encourage him. Blessings to all

I had surgery on 11/06/12 with four little girls

7,6,2 and 8 months and some days it's hard. I find myself cooking 2 different meals sometimes. My husband is a Marine so he is gone a lot so it's a little easier when he's home.

Honeydue29 i feel you! My husbands in the army and is gone alot also. Its much easier when they are home! He is going to korea for 16months next month so it will be interesting to see how it goes without him for so long. Anyway thanks for your hubby serving and for u also :)

Honeydue29 i feel you! My husbands in the army and is gone alot also. Its much easier when they are home! He is going to korea for 16months next month so it will be interesting to see how it goes without him for so long. Anyway thanks for your hubby serving and for u also :)

Thank you for your hubby service also!

I hope the time flies for you. Yes, when they are home the help is great to have.