Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No One In The Sixties?

I'm 66 and surgery date 2/26. I'm type 2 diabetic and doing this for grandkids, get off meds, and myself. I have been out of pocket $850 since 1/1 for meds. That is my part after ins. The surgery will pay for itself. BTW Medicare pays for this. I had to pay the surgeon out of my pocket, but that's because he doesn't file Medicare due to their low pay.

It's been 2 months since surgery and meds bill down from $200 to just thirty five a month. Lost 65lbs so far. Great thing is I can keep up with kids.

Hi all boomers. I am 61 and am soooooo happy to see others my age on here. I started at 244 and lost 34 lbs so far. RNY was on 1/28/13. I'm slowly learning my new pouch and on soft foods now. I'm from West Chester, Ohio (north of Cincinnati)

Are there any boomers having surgery in March?

Where are all you baby boomers? I had surgery on 9/24...two weeks ago. Down 40 before surgery...20 after...60 total. I did lots of prep before surgery (exercise...lean green diet 3 months...immense amount of research) . So glad i did...sailed through surgery and in only 2 weeks feeling great! We baby boomers are tough. I still have 100 lbs to go but have a new lease on life...never too old to learn...look out to my grandkids...her comes a new granny...lucky if you can keep up with her!

(Spokane' date=' Wa)[/quote']

I'm 53 and just had mine in march 4th it's a hard first week but I'm trusting God to et me through.

I am 57 and my biggest reason for wanting to have the rny is to be healthy to enjoy my grandchildren.' date=' They are my motivation. I have been so blessed I need to be able to enjoy the blessings and make memories with them.

Here is to healthy grannies[/quote']

I am one who made this move to live longer n enjoy my kids grandkids. Many lessings

I had surgery on 5/29 at 60. 56 pounds down and around 50 to go. My grandchildren are getting a new grandma. This week finally below 200 for the first time in 30 years. I would rather spend my remaining 30-40 years in good health!

You motivate me. Many blessings

My surgery date is 12/13. Am 60 years old. My doc said it used to be unusual for folks our age to have the surgery but our numbers are growing. Right now I am at 412. Starting the three-day-Protein drinks today

Way to go its good to hear all the people that are around my age are choosing like me to live longer

Sorry it Dancing Nana you have to watch it till the very end it make you laugh and you'll want to watch it again she's so cute

Hi All: I am age 59 and will be 60 August, 2013. My RNY surgery was March, 2013 in Indianapolis, IN, at St. Francis Hospital. Looks like this group may be the best fit for me. :)

Congrats, Victory! Are you feeling good yet? I'm 63, had my surgery December 10, 2012, have lost 57 lbs, have abt 20 more to go, and feel GREAT!

Thanks momlambert, I'm doing good, except problems with taking some of the Vitamins and Protein supplement powders, eating and super-sensitive to smells.

I'll be 63 in two days, had my surgery 10/20/11, lost 130 lbs, stable at 155 for the last six months and enjoying every precious moment with my three year old grandson!!

I'll be 63 in two days' date=' had my surgery 10/20/11, lost 130 lbs, stable at 155 for the last six months and enjoying every precious moment with my three year old grandson!![/quote']

Wow! Those are my goals! Glad they can happen. Congrats.