No One In The Sixties?

155 posts in this topic

Hey Sassy Nanny.

Check your dates. Don't you mean Nov 18, 2015?

You are absolutely correct 2 Twinkle. It won't let me edit it though. Grr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This surgery was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I had surgery in Jan 2016 and I feel great. I didn't get any of the nausea or other issues.

I can play with my three grandchildren on the floor finally. My knees don't hurt so we can go hiking. I am camping again. I'm not in constant pain.

I'm 62 and I don't care about some hanging skin on my arms. It's just not important anymore. I don't take all the meds I used to need and that is what's important. I CAN eat anything I want, but I don't because I want to remember what got me to 296 pounds. ugh!

Good luck to you all along this path.

You go texasbrit10. I grew up in Fort Worth. I'm still a newbie at around under two years with my RNY. You'll love your journey to a better life.

I feel like we are all lucky to have the opportunity to regain our health.... At our ( ahem) mature age.

It's a different thread here than the ones who are 20 something and starting.

We have a bit more of life experience and I , for one, am not willing to compromise on this golden opportunity to live a much better life.

It has been over 9 years and my sixties are better and way healthier than the years I spent being obese.

@@texasbrit10, @@catdaddy, and @@Julie norton, I agree with y'all. We are definitely not too old to reap the benefits of WLS. I think we are probably more appreciative of this opportunity than the younger folks because we've "been there, done that".. I'm 61 and had the sleeve a couple of years ago. Because of GERD I'm having the revision to the RNY and I don't think I'm too old for that either. Being healthy at this age is so important and I just have to say it's a great time to be alive. Not too many years ago, people didn't have these options. I wish everyone continued success in their weight loss surgery...and good health.

Had the RNY Tuesday 31st. Home. No nausea. Get tired quickly but a little better each day. I'm so proud and happy! Some unladylike bowel issues (nobody mentions this?) but hey after 64 years there's not much we haven't learned to handle, right? Happy I made it through! Thank you God! Bless you for your support. The journey begins.

Had the RNY Tuesday 31st. Home. No nausea. Get tired quickly but a little better each day. I'm so proud and happy! Some unladylike bowel issues (nobody mentions this?) but hey after 64 years there's not much we haven't learned to handle, right? Happy I made it through! Thank you God! Bless you for your support. The journey begins.

Those issues will get better... it takes time. good luck on your losing....