Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak's patients .....

Hey fellow Spivakers! How many of you get tight when you travel? If you do, how long does it last? I'm trying to decide whether to get a slight unfill before I leave for Vegas Monday. I happily keep a pretty tight band, but wouldn't want it much tighter! Thanks for the help.

HEY!! I'm going to Vegas on Monday too!!! How wild! We're staying at Treasure island....how about you?

I flew to Colorado in June but I wasn't at full restriction then. I didn't notice any difference.

Terry! We'll be at the Sahara, and then moving later to Bellagio. I'll IM you my details in case you want to meet for a cuppa.

I flew a couple of days ago and will again tomorrow. I did notice that it got tighter while I was on the plane because I could feel some restriction drinking Water. Once I was off the plane I felt fine again - I had no trouble with dinner.< /p>

Hello! Have a great time in Vegas ladies!

I wish I could go to all Tuesday meetings. Who is going to the WALK? Do you know how far we are walking. I walked 1 1/2 miles tonight. I was so suprised I could do that. I got on the scale today and lost another 2 pounds! WOOHOO!:whoo: Decided if I added walking I may do even better.

OK, school has started! Already I am sick of saying GO GET YOUR HOMEWORK! My daughter walked with us tonight. She is so happy and very supportive of me. I hope my life change will have an effect on her. She is 15, 5'4" and 145lbs., not horrible because she is active in soccer. But I see my old habits in her, I hope I can help her to change them and that my bad choices in the past will not hurt her in the future.

Anyone excited about the Holiday Party? I can't wait to drop the pounds so I can shop for my outfit!

Well, sub plans are written...work is laid out...and tomorrow morning is my first fill! I am so ready...and hungry! I have felt like I could eat a hors for weeks. I feel so lucky so have had my surgery, but I wish my timing were better. This has been a rough beginning of the school year.

If anyone is still up...what are Dr. Spivak's rules for eating the day of a fill? This is my first and I need to know what to pack for lunch. Thanks!

Hi Heather, I got my first fill last week. I didnt get any instructions on what to eat or not eat before but afterward they will tell you to be on mushies for 24 hours. Hope everything goes well for you.

Thank you, pammycakes! How is your first fill working out for you? Can you feel/tell a difference? How much did they put it? Who did it? (I didn't think I was nervous...but now, watching all of these questions pour out of me, I guess I am a bit anxious!)

Mushies it is, then.

I was nervous before also. More so about how well and what I would be able to eat after the fill than the actual fill. It seems to be working alright. Not sure but I think I can still eat more than they really want you too but Im not eating too many calories in a day so I think I am ok. I have heard that it can take up to 2 weeks for a fill to be effective. I had 3cc's put in. I guess this is an average amount for the first fill.... I dont remember which of the nurses did the procedure. I am so terrible with names. The fill itself went well. She had to do a bit of searching to make sure she was in the port but it wasnt very painful. More like a pinch or a bee sting. Good luck today and relax!!

:help:Here is a question for everyone.

Why...ok this is what happened to me, I'm just a little frustrated today. Day before yesterday I actually did a no no. I had ice cream instead of dinner...I was craving.(Must be time for cravings, you ladies should understand!) I still lost .8 p when I got on the scale yesterday morning. Last night I walked 3 miles and ate very good for me all day. I gained .9!

What exactly is up with that!?!

I have so much to do today. I want to go to the support group tonight, but I'm not sure I will be able to.

Just feeling a little down today.

Trivon1969,

Dont get down...you will learn how your body works. I for instance....I got on the scale this morning and it said 194 lbs.....I was very happy...lost another pound, but I know that when I get on the scale tomorrow it will say 195.....then I will see 194 again the next day for a couple of days takes a while for your body to really ketch up. I go back and forth all the time. I bet you get on the scale and will be down more that a pound. You got to be patient!

Sandra

255h/242s/194c/165g

Hi, fellow Spivakers! I like the sound of that! I found you guys today. I was banded by Dr. S. on July 23 and go for my second fill tomorrow. It seems I am able to eat anything, not so much as I used to, but still more than I would like.

Anyway, my real question is whether or not any support groups are around here in Brazoria County. Tuesday night to Houston are not an easy thing to either plan or get away for--we have a 12 year old 7th grader who has to get to bed---besides the distance for us. We're over on the Bay City side of the county. So---------I just thought I'd ask....maybe I can touch base with someone closer than Houston. My husband is a dream, but I need some female, lap-banded support. Any ideas? I have lost 21 pounds, and am thrilled, but I've been at this weight for more than a week, and I want the scales to move. Thanks.

My next job will be to figure out the ticker thingies you guys have and see if I can get some numbers on here.:whoo:

Hey guys! I got my first fill. Leslie did it easily. We talked a lot about how this first month has been since surgery. They were pleased with my progress - and I explained that I have felt starving although I have stuck to the diet and recommended caloric intake. I had lost 20 pounds over the course of the month; and she was especially happy that it was over the whole month, and not just the week(s) immediately after the surgery.

Today we put in 4.5cc of the omni-stuff and scheduled a check-up for late October (when I happen to have another day off for another doctor appointment in the Medical center...2 birds with 1 stone, ya know)! We did the flouroscopy - and that was supercool (although the drink was nasty). Then I drank some water..no troubles at all.

I was really impressed with Leslie's willingness to visit and answer questions - and I had a lot of them! I wanted to make sure that I wasn't so hungry this coming month like I was last month and really took advantage of this tool. She really kind of quizzed me on my eating habits to make sure I was 'following the rules' - but did it in a very professional, respectful way. When she finished, I realized that was part of her process of figuring out perhaps where/how to start with filling the band.

Based on our conversation, she decided to start with omni instead of saline (I didn't even ask for that; although I had thought about it), and what some would consider an 'aggressive' fill. That's all ok with me! I passed the swallow test and had no problems with lunch or dinner. I just hope I have no mysterious long-term tightening in a couple of weeks!

Darn, I wrote a novel....sorry, guys! :nervous

Thank you Sandra! I AM getting to know my band and myself for that matter. It is just a little irritating at those moments when you KNOW you've been so good. I have been extra good today, but didn't have time to walk.UGH! I hope to see a change in the morning. I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but it is so exciting and it makes me very happy to know that this time the weight WILL come off! I missed the meeting tonight. Did anything happen I'll be sorry I missed? Gotta get some ZZZZZZ's!

Goodnight everyone!