Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak's patients .....

Ok..had my surgery on Friday. Saw another lady there who went before me with Dr. Spivak too, but I didn't get her name. Went great...finally no gas pains today. First day was so easy it was scary, second night...not so good...gas was painful but I havent had to use anything stronger than liquid tylenol.

How do you make one of those tracker thingys?

Hi Texrose575. I was banded by Dr. Spivak Friday too! There was another lady having her surgery done right after me...might have been you.

My surgery went well. The incisions themselves don't hurt much but I've been having a hard time with gas pains. In the mornings it's not bad but by night it starts really hurting right around my stomach area up under my ribcage on my left side. I'm hoping this will pass soon.

I've been having only liquids and this afternoon I was hungry so had some really really soft scrambled eggs (whisked an egg with a lot of milk and scrambled it just past runny). I think one bit slipped down my throat without being chewed well so now I'm terrified that it's stuck and that's what's causing my pain tonight and not gas. I'm hoping not. Since this is all so new I have no idea what it's supposed to feel like or if a small piece of soft scrambled egg could get stuck. So now I'm back to only liquids and don't know when I'll have the guts to try anything mushy again.

Hi Flower Faery!!

I think it was me!!! I was in admiting with my sister, I had a brown and white warm-up on!! And you were with your sister? Yes that was me!!! : ) small world.....I should have asked you if you were on any of the boards! Duh! Yes, same thing gas pains are a mother! None on the left side mostly in the front and the middle of my back! I'm hungry as well, lots of liquids so far and tylenol....chicken broth seems to help.

Yes it definitely was you then! :) I was the one looking horrible, wearing glasses and no makeup. I normally look a bit better..I hope. haha. I was with my friend who everybody mistakes for my sister. We've been friends forever. She said she's using me as her guinea pig to see what it's like before she decides whether or not to get banded. I was so nervous that morning, I could barely even think straight so didn't think to ask you if you posted on this board either. I'm glad things are going well for you after your surgery..except for the pesky gas pains...ugh! I'll be glad when mine are gone too.

Brandy, if you are looking for something with more Protein in it, I use Dymatize Elite Protein Powder. It is VERY good. They have lots of flavors but I use cafe mocha. It gives you 24 gms of protein and then you get another 10 with skim milk. They have them at a lot of the health food stores (didn't have at GNC), especially the health food stores for body builders. I tried a LOT of the mixes when I was first banded and this was the best one I found. Most of them were YUCK.

I'm happy to meet ya Flowery Faery!!! Yes your friend did tell my sister you were the guinea pig. Did you see how small my sister was? She had gastric bypass surgery Feb 06 and wore like a size 20 or something before...she was great support when I chose the lapband! : ) I'm lucky. I did have one of the nurse say, "you didn't even need this surgery" I almost said back to her, "I want to avoid looking like her!"....no biggie what others think. Although, I was a size 16, I also have hypertension and was headed to diabetes! So, I'd rather take care of it now and it's my decision. I did have some eggs with a little lactaid in them....I had nausea for the first time! UGH..the baby food pears I had were ok. I think I'll stick to the liquids a day longer....I'm too chicken, although I bought lots of baby food!

Hey FF!

How's it going today for ya? LOTS less of the gas pains today, but still enjoying the downtime to take it easy. Let us know if you're feeling better today!

Hi Texasrose! :) It's going much better now. The gas pains aren't as bad. I had been using Gas-X strips and they did absolutely nothing for the pain. Last night I got some extra strength chewable tablets and they have worked wonders. I'm still feeling a bit bloated and uncomfortable but getting better each day. My only real problem right now is with wearing a bra...the band hits right where my port is and ooohhh it hurts. I'm hoping it's not as tender when I return to work Monday.