Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak's patients .....

:myscared: :Banane32: :Banane32: I went to Dr Spivak's Seminar today and am sch'd for March 12th only 9 days to go! I am SOOOOO excited!!!!

Oh, Amy! I'm so excited for you!!! I wish I was there with you but I can't leave work right now. Wow...I can't wait for April 4th.

You nervous..?...or OK? I don't think I'll be nervous...just anxious and ready!

I am not nervous at all.I am just READY!!! and EXCITED!!!.I already packed up my "fat" winter clothes making room for new ones!!! Dr Spivak was super nice as well as the staff.I CANNOT wait!!!!!!

NurseAmy - We have the same surgery date. I wonder if we will be in the holding area together.

That would be neat!! They did not give me a time yet but she said it would probably be around 11 or 12.I will find out on Friday the time. Only 7 days!!!! I am sooo excited!!!!!

I went for my 2nd fill today. Although my appointment was at the SurgiCenter, they turned me away and told me I had to go to Dr. Spivak's office. It seems the new policy for self-pay patients is that the 1st fill is done at the SurgiCenter and all subsequent fills are done at Dr. Spivak's office. I'm kind of bummed about that because it's a lot easier to get in and out of the SurgiCenter on S. Main than anywhere in the Medical Center area.

So I went to Dr. Spivak's office and Brenda did the fill. Half of my 1st fill had absorbed, so she removed the other half and used ominpaque instead. I now have 2 ccs of omnipaque. She said they are getting a fluoroscope in the office in a couple of weeks.

I've lost 25.5 pounds in 7 weeks, so I'm happy with that. I'm 1/4 of the way to goal. Yay!

I am a patient of Dr. Spivak's and had my 4th fill about 2 weeks ago at the surgicenter. Is this a new procedure? I really don't like the idea of doing a fill without a fluoroscope. It must have been getting too expensive for the surgicenter to do it.

I went for my 2nd fill today. Although my appointment was at the SurgiCenter, they turned me away and told me I had to go to Dr. Spivak's office. It seems the new policy for self-pay patients is that the 1st fill is done at the SurgiCenter and all subsequent fills are done at Dr. Spivak's office. I'm kind of bummed about that because it's a lot easier to get in and out of the SurgiCenter on S. Main than anywhere in the Medical Center area.

So I went to Dr. Spivak's office and Brenda did the fill. Half of my 1st fill had absorbed, so she removed the other half and used ominpaque instead. I now have 2 ccs of omnipaque. She said they are getting a fluoroscope in the office in a couple of weeks.

I've lost 25.5 pounds in 7 weeks, so I'm happy with that. I'm 1/4 of the way to goal. Yay!

I am a patient of Dr. Spivak's and had my 4th fill about 2 weeks ago at the surgicenter. Is this a new procedure? I really don't like the idea of doing a fill without a fluoroscope. It must have been getting too expensive for the surgicenter to do it.

Yes, it is a new procedure, but call Dr. Spivak's office to make sure it applies to you. Maybe it's just for self-pay patients banded in 2007. Hopefully, the fluoroscope will be in Dr. Spivak's office by the time you go for another fill. I really felt fine having Brenda do it without fluoro, though. If I were having problems, then I'd probably have insisted on fluoro.

Enterprise - what time were you there??

I was in today to write my check for my surgery with my youngest daughter (she's 4 and a little chatty Cathy).

Yes, it is a new procedure, but call Dr. Spivak's office to make sure it applies to you. Maybe it's just for self-pay patients banded in 2007. Hopefully, the fluoroscope will be in Dr. Spivak's office by the time you go for another fill. I really felt fine having Brenda do it without fluoro, though. If I were having problems, then I'd probably have insisted on fluoro.

Congratulations with your weight loss! You are doing great.

I had the same experience as you, going to get filled by Brenda. Some of the first fill either absorbed or leaked (hope not). Brenda did not use the omnipaque though.

I was self-pay too. When I called to schedule my last fill at surgi-center they asked if my surgery was at their facility. When I answered it was at Park Plaza, then they said I would have to call and arrange my future fills at Dr. Spivak's office. Otherwise they were going to charge me $150 for a fill.

I haven't been doing as well this past week. Last night I tried to eat too fast without chewing well. Oh that was very painful.

Terry

Enterprise - what time were you there??

I was in today to write my check for my surgery with my youngest daughter (she's 4 and a little chatty Cathy).

I was there at 10:00 a.m. and it was completely empty. Four days 'til surgery. I bet you're excited.

Congratulations with your weight loss! You are doing great.

I had the same experience as you, going to get filled by Brenda. Some of the first fill either absorbed or leaked (hope not). Brenda did not use the omnipaque though.

I was self-pay too. When I called to schedule my last fill at surgi-center they asked if my surgery was at their facility. When I answered it was at Park Plaza, then they said I would have to call and arrange my future fills at Dr. Spivak's office. Otherwise they were going to charge me $150 for a fill.

I haven't been doing as well this past week. Last night I tried to eat too fast without chewing well. Oh that was very painful.

Terry

Thanks for the encouragement. You and I seem to be losing at about the same rate -- you're just a little ahead of me.

I was really pissed when they turned me away at the SurgiCenter. They should have asked me on the phone when I made the appointment if I was a self-pay from Park Plaza. At least they validated my parking.

Brenda gave me the option of the saline or the omnipaque because a little more than half of the original fill disappeared. Maybe you didn't lose as much fill as I did. I had to eat my lunch much slower today. Even though it was a soft food, it started to feel a little stuck. That is a horrible sensation, but the pain is a good way to teach us not to eat too fast or too much. I've always had to learn the hard way. I'm just glad I finally have some restriction. Let's hope it lasts.

My second fill was with the omnipaque as well because about half of my first (which was the saline) had disappeared. The difference for me has been night and day! Even after the first fill (2.0) I could still eat just about anything, but after the second (2.1) which was with the thicker solution, I couldn't get anything down, not even liquids . . . . I went back on Tuesday and Brenda removed .3ccs and I think it is going to be much better. I am at 1.8 now and have major restriction - maybe now I'll learn to slow down and chew my food better! I was very pleased with the weight loss during those 5 days, but learned that being too tight is not the way to do it.

Lynn

Hi everyone, I was banded by Dr. Spivak on Valentine's Day at the SurgiCenter. I called him my valentine. He was shy and sweet and smiling. My husband assumed I was on really good drugs, but I really meant it. Dr. Spivak has been so nice and I chose Valentines Day as a present to myself. The office staff has been wonderful, too.

Michele

Dr. Spivak

Down 23 pounds since surgery!!! YEA!!!

You CAN have Slim Fast drinks... Get the Low Carb Diet one... You should not drink the ones high in sugar or carbs. The Low Carb Diet shakes are just like the Atkins... but they have 20 grams of Protein.< /p>