Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak's patients .....

You should go it is a fun experience. Wonderful prepared food, plus more more more!

Directions to 3815 Westheimer, Houston, TX

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=473 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>triangle.gif

spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=text vAlign=top>Conveniently located at the center of metropolitan Houston, this Central Market location can be found at the southwest corner of Westheimer and Weslayan, inside the Loop.

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right rowSpan=2>map_westheimerHouston.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>triangle.gif

spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=text vAlign=top>spacer.gif

From Loop 610

Exit on Westheimer and head east inside the Loop, towards the direction of the downtown area. You'll see Central Market on your right on Westheimer one half-block before Weslayan.

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>triangle.gif

spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=text vAlign=top colSpan=2>From Loop 610

Exit on Westheimer and head east inside the Loop, towards the direction of the downtown area. You'll see Central Market on your right on Westheimer one half-block before Weslayan.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=473 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>triangle.gif

spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=text vAlign=top>From Hwy 59

Take the Weslayan exit, heading north towards Westheimer. Central Market will be on your left one half-block before Westheimer. Surround yourself with the freshest variety of foods and sweetest delectables at every turn. Central Market is a shopping experience that will inspire and delight you.

Call 713-386-1700 for more information.

Open 7 days a week

Store: open 8 am to 10 pm

Central Market Cafe: open 9 am to 10 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Strangest thing, I think they put me out in the holding area. At least that is the last thing I remember. Someone saying, I am going to give you a little joy juice and then I woke up in recovery.

For my other surgeries, I was never put out until I was on the table. Wondering if maybe they gave me Versed and I just have no memory of it.

It's really not important. I was reading on another post about others experiences in the OR ( the thread is about wearing underwear in surgery and is riot to read) and realized I had no memory of it.

Just wondered what others experiences were.

I was talking to the nurse all the way into the operating room and scooted from the bed to the table by myself. They did give me something in the holding area immediately before wheeling me out of there, but it didn't really kick in until after I was in the OR. Who was your anesthesiologist? Mine was Jim Jistel. If you had a different anesthesiologist, maybe he used different drugs. Or maybe you just had a stronger reaction to the initial sedative than I did.

I'm set to go to dr. Spivak's seminar tomorrow and I have an appointment with him right after. I'm so excited b/c I’ve heard so many good things about him from all of you. I went to another surgeon's seminar and didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling. I have a newbie question so nobody laugh. I've heard of people talking about PB'ing. What the heck does that mean, it doesn't sound pleasant whatever it is! Thanks for all of your posts; it's nice to know I’m not alone in this!

I was talking to the nurse all the way into the operating room and scooted from the bed to the table by myself. They did give me something in the holding area immediately before wheeling me out of there, but it didn't really kick in until after I was in the OR. Who was your anesthesiologist? Mine was Jim Jistel. If you had a different anesthesiologist, maybe he used different drugs. Or maybe you just had a stronger reaction to the initial sedative than I did.

I had a lady, Dr. O'Neil, she was wonderful, so calm and pleasant. I think the injection was several minutes before I left the holding area, maybe that why I don't remember. Or maybe, I just don't remember. Actually, it is kind of nice to not remember, I have been in OR's before and am happy to have skipped that part.

carrieba: PB is short for productive burp. I understand it usually happens when you eat more than can go through the band and it just comes back up. Apparently it's not at all like vomiting, and can be avoided by overeating. Maybe someone here who has experienced it can describe it. Since I have not yet had a fill, it is not a problem for me.

Good luck at the seminar, I went to a several. It's good that you are looking around, it will make you more comfortable when you do make your choice.

I'm set to go to dr. Spivak's seminar tomorrow and I have an appointment with him right after. I'm so excited b/c I’ve heard so many good things about him from all of you. I went to another surgeon's seminar and didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling. I have a newbie question so nobody laugh. I've heard of people talking about PB'ing. What the heck does that mean, it doesn't sound pleasant whatever it is! Thanks for all of your posts; it's nice to know I’m not alone in this!

I also went to another doctor's seminar first and there are no warm fuzzies there. I actually have a friend who used the other one and I can't believe the difference in the two when we compare notes now. Dr. Spivak is precious!!!

Lynn

I had a lady, Dr. O'Neil, she was wonderful, so calm and pleasant. I think the injection was several minutes before I left the holding area, maybe that why I don't remember. Or maybe, I just don't remember. Actually, it is kind of nice to not remember, I have been in OR's before and am happy to have skipped that part.

carrieba: PB is short for productive burp. I understand it usually happens when you eat more than can go through the band and it just comes back up. Apparently it's not at all like vomiting, and can be avoided by overeating. Maybe someone here who has experienced it can describe it. Since I have not yet had a fill, it is not a problem for me.

Good luck at the seminar, I went to a several. It's good that you are looking around, it will make you more comfortable when you do make your choice.

I also had Dr. Jistel (sp?) and I did not get anything to chill me out until I got to the OR. In fact, when they came to wheel me out of pre-op I sort of freaked :speechles because I was totally aware, at that point wondering if I might would just rather go home .. . . . :paranoid I also, 'scooched' from the gurney to the operating table and just as I got moved over, I saw Dr. Spivak walk in so it was all fine. The next thing I remember was waking up in my room, not even in recovery . . . burping like my boys!

Lynn

Good luck tomorrow!

Lynn

I posted this in the January Bandsters thread and thought I should post it here, too, for all of Dr. Spivak's newer patients:

I had my first fill today at the SurgiCenter on S. Main. Joy did the fill but Dr. Spivak supervised. It seems that my large incision is infected. Guess that's why it still hurts. My boyfriend has been changing the bandage for me, so I had not looked at it until today. My port is directly below the large incision. The skin around that whole area is still kind of numb from surgery, so I didn't need any lidocaine for the fill. Dr. Spivak found the port by palpitating the area, and Joy inserted the needle. They put 1.5 ccs in and then had me stand up for the fluoroscope. The barium swallow was tolerable (very, very chalky). While you're standing there under the fluoro, you can see the barium going down. They thought I had enough restriction, so they removed the needle, put a bandaid over the area, and sent me out into the hallway to drink a bottle of Water. They said that I needed to drink at least half the bottle before I could leave. If I was unable to get the Water down, they would remove some of the saline. Fortunately, I had no problem and drank the whole bottle in a couple of minutes. They also require that you stay on soft foods for 48 hours after a fill. The whole procedure takes about 10 minutes. For those of you who are Spivak patients, make sure you take your parking ticket inside with you and they will validate it for you.

And now I'm off to eat my Nutrisystem lunch. Let's hope I feel something.

Well, I’ve been scheduled for surgery on 2/28 w/ Dr. Spivak. Only a week and a half away! I'll be honest and say that I’m a little nervous about the surgery portion and how I’m going to feel after. I'm taking the rest of the week off after that so hopefully that will be enough time to recuperate a little before heading back to work. What are some of the things ya'll drank the first couple of days after surgery. I hear chicken broth and lots of Water. Anything else I should stock the pantry with??

Well, I’ve been scheduled for surgery on 2/28 w/ Dr. Spivak. Only a week and a half away! I'll be honest and say that I’m a little nervous about the surgery portion and how I’m going to feel after. I'm taking the rest of the week off after that so hopefully that will be enough time to recuperate a little before heading back to work. What are some of the things ya'll drank the first couple of days after surgery. I hear chicken broth and lots of Water. Anything else I should stock the pantry with??

Congratulations on your decision. It's normal to be second guessing yourself for the next week. Most of us went through the same thing.

As for drinking after surgery, I used the crystal light peach tea, (until I discovered that splenda gives me gas), now I just drink water.

I was very nauseated for the first 48 hrs and I understand that is pretty normal. No one mentioned that to me, so I wasn't expecting it. Just remember to sip, sip sip, so you don't get dehydrated. Almost anything clear that you like to drink should be fine. I was told to stay away from caffeine, so if you drink coffee or tea, get some Decaf.< /p>

Popsicles are also good. They served me one in the hospital and I was able to eat a couple of bites.

Expect to sleep alot the first couple of days. That seems to be pretty individual, but most people that I talk with did. In fact if you read the posts you will see that everyone reacts a little differently to the surgery.

Where are you having your surgery. Exciting times ahead.

I'm having my surgery at Park Plaza, is that were you had yours? It's always good to have all of the information that way even if it doesn't happen you won't be surprised if it does. I love the crystal light lemonade and i have some of the single serving pouches of that. What kinds of Vitamins do you take? I've heard some take the Flintstones and Tums w/ Calcium.< /span>

I'm having my surgery at Park Plaza, is that were you had yours? It's always good to have all of the information that way even if it doesn't happen you won't be surprised if it does. I love the crystal light lemonade and i have some of the single serving pouches of that. What kinds of Vitamins do you take? I've heard some take the Flintstones and Tums w/ Calcium.< /span>

Hi Sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of town for the weekend. I did have my surgery at PP. There were several of the nurses in the holding area that had had the surgery done by D. Spivak and it was reassuring to have them there. One of them told me that she chose Dr. Spivak because the anesthesiologist told her he was the best he had ever seen at working laproscopically.

Everyone was very nice, it should be a good experience for you.

Right now, I am using the Viactive calcium and Multivitamins. Bought them because I thought they would help with a bit of "chocolate fix", but really have not craved chocolate at all. Am thinking about changing to a liquid Calcium as I think that would be absorbed better. I will have to go shopping for one, as I don't know anything about the liquid supplements.< /p>