Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Hey people ... i have been having a lot of pain and i can barely get outta be by my self.. but im not complaining but i need some help... any pain relief methods... or anything that you can suggest for the full liquid diet that can help me just get through this first month... help me out brothas.....:smile2:

Just banded> congrats on your way too better health & thinner you!..

Bro call your doc tell'em your condition & how you feel. Eventually all ..

of this will PAST! CUL8r Best of luck BUG!

hey guys...had my band for 4 days and i feel pretty good. i was out walking at the mall 3 days later. i feel great...i mean i'm only 20. i am healing great, no bandages on my incisions day after surgery!! wooo!!!

i have tons of questions...pasta, bread, alcohol, sex, weed...(hey i'm only 20 and in college :smile:). i lost 29 pounds so far including the "lose weight to get approved for surgery stage" and my clothes are big already. i weighed 323 before that stage and the scale today said 294. i feel like i won't weigh as much as i want in the end because i have a football build, meaning i have quite a bit of muscle. i was reading that you can have alcohol but less (which is good because im not even 21 yet). i'm a little depressed since i can't have food but i guess it will be over soon enough.

i am glad this is a guy's only thread. i was feeling a bit awkward to say some stuff in a co-ed thread. and Chris NJ...the Giants rule.

Hey Mike, just stay away from sodas & beer!!!! maybe some wine

once in a while. BY the way, congratulation on the Giant step you

took in your LIFE. L8R BUG!!

Hey Brothers:

I've been thou about a third of this thread so far. It's refreshing seeing an all guy thread. I'm scheduled to be banded on Thursday 9/11. So time is getting close. I started at 375 and am 6'3". I've gained close to 100lbs in the last 10 years.

As you guys know, statistically, we have a 5% chance of losing weight and keeping it off. At 53, and spending most of my life going up and down the scale (mostly up) I basically gave up toward the end. you simply can't starve yourself for long periods of time.

Finally, The band offers a tool get the fat off and keep it off. I'm looking at it as a life saver. After reviewing the various types of bariatric surgery, I decided that I didn't want to get my stomach and intestines cut up. I personally know 4 people who've had that type of surgery and 2 of them had a rough time.

My insurance co specifically excludes any type of bariatric surgery. I find it interesting that they will pay $500/month for obesity related drugs (yeah, I take them all), all the doctor bills, blood tests etc. They'll even pay for it when I have the "Big One". Yet ponying up $16K to cover the lap band surgery can't happen.

I decided to go self pay to save my life, and quality of life. I'm exited about the journey, Look forward to lots of good discussion. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions!

Wish me luck!

hey how do you put the weight ticker under your name?

Hey Mike7266, all you do is click on the ticker. The Ticker Factory page comes up and you take it from there!! L8R BUG!!

Edited by BUG57

Hi Augubwa, welcome aboard. We all know about insurance com. and........ where they stand. I heard of people that've die waiting too be approved for WL surgegy. Most of us're sefl-pay & have to go

outside the U.S. for WLS (banded). L8R best of luck. BUG!!:shades_smile:

Glad to see the guys post. Kinda felt alone. I had mine back Dec 28 2007. (Best Xmas present I have ever given myself) I am down 70 pounds from my beginning weight of 308. I have a question.. what kind of support or lack of are you experiencing from the loved ones in your life?

I lucked out. i went in on Dec 5th or so to discuss lap band and had my insurance approved and had surgery Dec 28. In fact I did not have to pay a dime as I had met my deductible from a gall bladder removal in Oct.

weight.png

Edited by Alsobrook71

I had my surgery on May 29, 2008 in Juarez, Mexico. It cost me $7,500 since my insurance company did not want to pay anything.

I started out at 327 pounds. As of today I am 245. My goal is 185 pounds so I have about 40 to go. I have had no fills!