Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Who else

you will do great I just know it!!

Thank you

This is it! Heading to the hospital now. Surgery starts at 9 am. Picture Caption "Peace To The Pounds!!"
congrats and praying for you

Okay. It's been 24 hours since I got my sleeve! My arms look like human pincushions' date=' and I'm still on and off nauseous. The pain was actually a lot worse than I expected it to be, but already today as opposed to yesterday it's so much better, is improving by the hour. I'm really trying hard to push myself, trying to move around as much as possible, use the incentive spirometer. I was unable to pee after surgery yesterday, that was a big bummer and I had to have a catheter inserted and removed- but now I'm finally able to go on my own. My surgeon pulled the NGT this morning (it drained old blood all last night) and now I'm just waiting for the leak test... If all goes well I'll be starting sips of Water soon! My belly is grumbling big time- definitely hungry, but I'm wicked nervous to put anything in it so soon... I guess I have to start sometime though! If there is one thing I have learned in the past 24hrs is that although this is NOT easy, I am sososo happy and excited for my second chance :) sending love and prayers to my fellow October sleeves, wouldn't mind some being sent back this way as well![/quote']

Sending you love and prayers

Thanks for sharing. I had mine yesterday. Just a little painToday. I cant wait to start to eat liquids today. Havent been able to eat since Monday might. But im not even that hungry lol.

Congrats to you and praying for a speedy recovery

The same happened to me on my preop diet- I lost lbs daily and toward the end it totally slowed down. I still lost my needed preop weight.

Highest weight 333

Annual physical June 2013- 327

Start of process August 2013-325

Preop diet

Day 1-319

2-317

3-313

4-309

5-307.4

6-307.4

7-307

8-307

9-306

10-305

11-303

12-302

13-301

14-300

15-299.6

Day of operation-299

Day 3 postop-300 (I wasn't supposed to weigh myself' date=' but I had seen so many people gain like 10-15 lbs postop and wanted to see if I would too)

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}[/quote']

I had gained 10 pounds after surgery.... they told me bc they had to give me so much liquids... :( im 6 days post op and im still hurting and im hungry i cant get my liquids in ive been on 1 bottle of Water for 2 days.... but i want to eat real food :( i think i made a mistake having surgery :( im not happy...

This is it! Heading to the hospital now. Surgery starts at 9 am.

Picture Caption "Peace To The Pounds!!"

You will be fine. Praying for a speedy recovery.... keep us updated

Okay. It's been 24 hours since I got my sleeve! My arms look like human pincushions' date=' and I'm still on and off nauseous. The pain was actually a lot worse than I expected it to be, but already today as opposed to yesterday it's so much better, is improving by the hour. I'm really trying hard to push myself, trying to move around as much as possible, use the incentive spirometer. I was unable to pee after surgery yesterday, that was a big bummer and I had to have a catheter inserted and removed- but now I'm finally able to go on my own. My surgeon pulled the NGT this morning (it drained old blood all last night) and now I'm just waiting for the leak test... If all goes well I'll be starting sips of Water soon! My belly is grumbling big time- definitely hungry, but I'm wicked nervous to put anything in it so soon... I guess I have to start sometime though! If there is one thing I have learned in the past 24hrs is that although this is NOT easy, I am sososo happy and excited for my second chance :) sending love and prayers to my fellow October sleeves, wouldn't mind some being sent back this way as well![/quote']

So glad that you are beginning to feel better. I think each person experiences different levels. My sleeve date is next Tuesday. I am ready and hope to have a fairly un eventful surgery.

Congrats! Sounds like everything is going really well - can't wait for mine on the 28th!

Stay positive. My day is the 23rd. I can't wait until my count down is over. I am proud of you for taking the plunge. Keep us posted.

I'm going from lap-band to sleeve on Oct 23rd! I'm nervous and excited.

where are you having your surgery and if you don't mind me asking

October 22 Scared & nervous

Oct23rd and nervous but excited at the same time!

Yea my doc said I looked liked a rock star as he out it he said I looked like I was there visiting someone I was up and moving 2nd day on my own. I even went out and walked my kids to school today which is about 2 miles both ways so I'm doing fantastic and I'm already down 25 pounds haven't even touched my pain meds Sent from my iPad using VST

That's cool, congrats on the rapid recovery!

Ok October Sleeve Brothers & Sisters....my surgery date was moved from Oct 23rd to the 30th. I'm not upset because I got a better secondary surgeon (for my cyst removal, dual procedure) my Bariatric Surgeon is pleased and so am I. 7 more days won't be so bad, better feeling comfy and safe. So to all my Oct 30th peeps...we got this!! I did all of my Pre-Op testing today and I have no Pre-Op diet so I'm ready..even bought me some new pillows today for when I come home. So Excited!!!!!!!