Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got god?

WLS surgery talk... anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I really had a great surgeon for my sleeve. He really knew his stuff.

But he was a Scientologist!! :angry:

(kidding) :D

Obviously you both missed my point... Guess you need to get more letters

Tell that to my student loans :-P

The level of debate quality is partially determined by how low one stoops to win. One must be certain when taking the moral high ground that such ground is not quicksand.

Denigrating the intelligence of the opponent is equivalent to turning over your king in chess. You might win over those who share your animosity, but in actuality it displays the desperation of a losing argument.

Please do not report this post! It is in the lounge, which is the off topic section of the forums. Therefore, it is permitted to remain.

Thank you.

Gmanbat- Joseph Stalin attended a Georgian Orthodox (Christian) seminary to train as a priest.

He was expelled before his finals and it seems that his fees were not paid. He was very much so a Christian and did a lot under the christian religion and gods name. There are a lot of evidence that says he was Atheist and even if he was he didn't kill people because hes was Atheist or Christian he did it for power.

Anyone can go to Wiki and copy and paste to the forum but history books say different. you have to realize that anyone can go onto wiki and change information to make it fit what they want it to say. Ill stick with what I was taught in school.

Yes, I am an Atheist and I do a lot to help people and be the best person I can be. I don't need to be religious to know what is wrong and what is right and lead a good life. I do this because I want to not because I was told I will be punished if I don't and will be damned to "hell". I also help when can by going out and donating time, not praying and saying i did something when not really doing anything at all.

I grew up a catholic and made my first holy communion and confirmation. I don't judge people based on what they believe or don't believe I judge them on who they are and what they do.

have a good one.

Gmanbat- Joseph Stalin attended a Georgian Orthodox (Christian) seminary to train as a priest.

He was expelled before his finals and it seems that his fees were not paid. He was very much so a Christian and did a lot under the christian religion and gods name.

List of what he did under the christian religion and source please.

I grew up a catholic and made my first holy communion and confirmation. I don't judge people based on what they believe or don't believe I judge them on who they are and what they do.

have a good one.

Commendable.

Joseph Stalin, whose real name was Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili, was born and raised in Gori in what is now the nation of Georgia. He died of a cerebral hemorrhage in 1953.

Stalin was raised very religious in the Greek Orthodox Church. He was named after Saint Joseph and was raised to be a priest. His father was a priest and young Joseph spent five years in a Greek Orthodox seminary.1

But Stalin’s father beat him mercilessly, and Stalin once described his childhood as having been “raised in a poor priest-ridden household.”1 Perhaps this contributed to his decision to become a Marxist revolutionary.

During his time in power, Stalin had a complex relationship with religion. He officially adopted the Russian Communist Party’s stance on religion, claiming atheism and continuing the tradition of teaching atheism in schools and propagating the idea that religion was only damaging to a perfect communist society. Stalin even took it further than his predecessor, Lenin, and initiated a nationwide campaign to destroy churches and religious property and even persecute and kill church officials.2 It is said that under Stalin, the Russian Orthodox Church went from 50,000 to 500 open and operating churches.3

Stalin once said:

You know, they are fooling us, there is no God… all this talk about God is sheer nonsense.

But during World War II, Stalin eased up considerably on religion. He allowed for tens of thousands of Russian Orthodox churches to reopen, adopted an official policy of tolerance toward Muslims,3 and re-established the hierarchy of leadership in the Russian Orthodox Church.5 There were even rumors that Stalin had reconsidered his own personal relationship to religion when he took a “mysterious retreat” in 1941.

To imply that Stalin's slaughter of millions was under the influence of Christianity is quite a stretch. What one once was does not explain what one does. What you are at the time of your action is a better explanation.

Atheism cannot be blamed for the Christian classic, Mere Christianity by former atheist C.S. Lewis, neither my actions as a former atheist now commending the life that I once despised.

Christianity cannot be blamed for the mass suicide at Jonestown although it was the lure in the beginning. Marxist doctrine was pumped night and day to the group in the end.

It is well known that those that claim atheism or Christianity do not necessarily cast a favorable light on the set of beliefs or non-beliefs. Indeed, I have endured greater hardships at the hands of those that claim Christ than those who reject Him. None of this proves or disproves the validity of the prevailing philosophy, the threads of thought run through the frame of fallible humanity.

Shouldn't have gone there' date=' BCA. ;)

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn offered the following explanation: “ Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.'

Since then I have spend well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: 'Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.' [9]

Vox Day notes concerning atheism and mass murder: “ Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal162 acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.

Is a 58 percent chance that an atheist leader will murder a noticeable percentage of the population over which he rules sufficient evidence that atheism does, in fact, provide a systematic influence to do bad things? If that is not deemed to be conclusive, how about the fact that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them. If one considers the statistically significant size of the historical atheist set and contrasts it with the fact that not one in a thousand religious leaders have committed similarly large-scale atrocities, it is impossible to conclude otherwise, even if we do not yet understand exactly why this should be the case. Once might be an accident, even twice could be coincidence, but fifty-two incidents in ninety years reeks of causation![10]

Atheist have committed really terrible acts, but never in the name of atheism. Religious commit these acts in the name of god...

SERIOUSLY?? This has gone a little too far folks. Admins can we get a delete here??

SERIOUSLY?? This has gone a little too far folks. Admins can we get a delete here??

An admin has already ruled on this thread. See the post by username Susan on page 2.

Is there a way that I can delete this thread!! Some of you really need something to do with your time! It's a chain letter my 12 year old niece sent me it wasn't meant to ruin your lives, as it obviously has!! Don't like it don't look. And at this point I'm going to say what's on my mind and I don't mind if it gets me deleted from this forum. GET A LIFE!!!

Atheist have committed really terrible acts' date=' but never in the name of atheism. Religious commit these acts in the name of god...[/quote']

And bigcountryab stay the hell out of my inbox with your come ons! I'm sooooo not interested