Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got god?

Tapsnap- I will say this most of what you are referring to is the Old Testament ' date=' before Christ . Most Christians try to live by the New Testament , that is why God gave his only son so that we could be saved from all of the sins we committed in our life. I am not trying to push religion on anyone it is up to everyone what they want to believe. Myself I believe in God and always will. Good Day everyone and God Bless.[/quote']

Actually you should read the New Testament again Jesus says the old laws are still to be obeyed... It's in Mathew I believe...

I am not gonna spend my time defending my beliefs! I don't have the time for that. Like I said when I first posted , if you don' like what was posted why click on it? Do you not have anything better to do than disagree with strangers? I still wish you the best and I will pray for you God Bless.

Actually you should read the New Testament again Jesus says the old laws are still to be obeyed... It's in Mathew I believe...

Ab- thats the big issue most christrians have neve read the bible and pick and choose what they want to follow. I know more athiest that have read the bible then christians that have read the whole bible.

Well, I tried to end it anyway. Atheists are determined campaigners. They are passionate about saving you from yourself and a non-existent God so you can live your life free from religious restraint and look forward to an eternity of oblivion. Either that or they are trying to convince themselves against their own conscience.

Since our lives have no eternal meaning and we are but conglomerations of chemicals why bother? Why not leave everyone alone? There is no such thing as moral superiority since morals are but electrochemical responses. Mass murder is no more abhorrent than squashing a fly hence the 100+ million executions under it's influence. Atheism offers a world of nothingness and futility. Live, die, rot, forgotten, oblivion. If all of that is true, so be it. It is not.

I did not create God. I met Him. I talk to Him, He talks to me. From the depths of my being I know Him, enjoy Him, and feel His joy toward me. I am either nuts or greatly blessed. I am not ashamed. He is real.

Atheists love to stand aloof and tell us about Christianity. They love quoting the bible they don't believe in. It is a book that requires a guide, The Holy Spirit. Rejecting Him, they go it on their own, never getting the picture. They wrest the scriptures to their own destruction. God hides Himself from smart asses.

I no longer have the patience that I used to have. I am sorry.

Now, my contribution to this exercise in futilty is over. I have unfollowed this topic. Release the war dogs.

Let time get the final word.

Well' date=' I tried to end it anyway. Atheists are determined campaigners. They are passionate about saving you from yourself and a non-existent God so you can live your life free from religious restraint and look forward to an eternity of oblivion. Either that or they are trying to convince themselves against their own conscience.

Since our lives have no eternal meaning and we are but conglomerations of chemicals why bother? Why not leave everyone alone? There is no such thing as moral superiority since morals are but electrochemical responses. Mass murder is no more abhorrent than squashing a fly hence the 100+ million executions under it's influence. Atheism offers a world of nothingness and futility. Live, die, rot, forgotten, oblivion. If all of that is true, so be it. It is not.

I did not create God. I met Him. I talk to Him, He talks to me. From the depths of my being I know Him, enjoy Him, and feel His joy toward me. I am either nuts or greatly blessed. I am not ashamed. He is real.

Atheists love to stand aloof and tell us about Christianity. They love quoting the bible they don't believe in. It is a book that requires a guide, The Holy Spirit. Rejecting Him, they go it on their own, never getting the picture. They wrest the scriptures to their own destruction. God hides Himself from smart asses.[/quote']

I would say we are passionate about saving society from being know-nothings and sheep. If you met an adult today that still believed in Santa Clause, Thor, or The Easter Bunny wouldnt you want to help them and show them the truth? I have faith that man will be able to evolve past needing these mental crutches to get through life. I would love to leave everyone alone and just go about my life, but people are trying to inject God into every facet of society. They are trying to teach intelligent Design in schools, denying citizens equal rights under the law, try to use the government to control female reproductive rights. So as soon as these zealots stop trying to force their flawed morality on the rest of us I will be more than happy to shut up. Well, maybe not because I cannot help but care about truth. Dont you care that what you believe is demonstrably untrue, and clearly written by unintelligent desert dwellers from thousands of years ago? People say you should respect all beliefs, but how can you respect someone who worships a homicidal, infanticidal, megalomaniac like the God from the bible? I know the Bible better than 90% of Christians simply because I have read it and still read it regularly because the single easiest way to deconvert someone into being an atheist is simply to show them some of the horrible things God does in the Bible, and to demonstrate the staggering inconsistencies. If you really think you are talking to god you should seek help, because you are schizophrenic.

Being a Smart Ass is better than being a DUMB ASS

Gmanbat- when was the last time you seen someone post a atheism thread on the forums?

When the last time you got a knock on your door by atheists looking to spread the good word?

When was the last time athiest protested at a soldiers funnel or even a kids funnel?

I see more Christians pushing there religion on others then I do atheists pushing no religion.

I have had my car window broke in and my car keyed because I have a evolution sticker on my car. You don't see me doing this to people who have religious stickers on there cars.

The bible say love thy neighbor and to not pass judgment for that is his job. But yet I get called names when getting into my car by Christians because of a sticker.

So I am sorry that I am using the bible that Christians say they follow to defend myself.

Gmanbat- when was the last time you seen someone post a atheism thread on the forums?

When the last time you got a knock on your door by atheists looking to spread the good word?

When was the last time athiest protested at a soldiers funnel or even a kids funnel?

I see more Christians pushing there religion on others then I do atheists pushing no religion.

I have had my car window broke in and my car keyed because I have a evolution sticker on my car. You don't see me doing this to people who have religious stickers on there cars.

The bible say love thy neighbor and to not pass judgment for that is his job. But yet I get called names when getting into my car by Christians because of a sticker.

So I am sorry that I am using the bible that Christians say they follow to defend myself.

Amen!

Bigcountryab and Tapsnap...we do have an "Agnostics/Atheists" subforum that you guys should post in. It doesn't get much traffic but there are some of us who like it, on the rare occasion when a post is made there. There is also a "Religious" forum which I believe this original post should have landed in. But as stated, the Lounge is kind of a free for all place so any topic is considered acceptable.

But to everyone, if you want to talk religion or atheism with like minded individuals and not have it turn into a heated debate, then I suggest using those subforums.

I'm not a Christian, but I will never understand why atheists take such offense to the personal beliefs of others. To imply that all Christians are sheep or have fundamentalist beliefs is completely ignorant and an unfair generalization.

IMHO, to absolutely refuse the existence of a higher power is as absurd as absolute faith in one.

I'm not a Christian' date=' but I will never understand why atheists take such offense to the personal beliefs of others. To imply that all Christians are sheep or have fundamentalist beliefs is completely ignorant and an unfair generalization.

IMHO, to absolutely refuse the existence of a higher power is as absurd as absolute faith in one.[/quote']

If you have ANY evidence at all that ANY such higher power exist I'm all ears. I do not believe any god or gods exist, but if tomorrow morning there was hard evidence that one did I would change my mind and go with the facts. Religion can't do that, despite the mountains of data showing the bible is garbage they can't or won't let it go. It makes me sad for them that they are so weak they can't stand on their on...

Well, I tried to end it anyway. Atheists are determined campaigners. They are passionate about saving you from yourself and a non-existent God so you can live your life free from religious restraint and look forward to an eternity of oblivion. Either that or they are trying to convince themselves against their own conscience.

Atheists love to stand aloof and tell us about Christianity. They love quoting the bible they don't believe in. It is a book that requires a guide, The Holy Spirit. Rejecting Him, they go it on their own, never getting the picture. They wrest the scriptures to their own destruction. God hides Himself from smart asses.

I no longer have the patience that I used to have. I am sorry.

Now, my contribution to this exercise in futilty is over. I have unfollowed this topic. Release the war dogs.

Let time get the final word.

Atheist Zealots... religious zealots... vegan zealots... animal rights zealots....It's all the same, people who think that somehow because of a belief they hold that they are superior to others.

For me clearing my head of religion and getting rid of all the cognitive dissonance it created was the best thing I ever did for myself. I am happier. I'm a better person. I care more about investing in myself.. damn it, I'm even pretty sure my hair has more luster. Shedding religion MADE ME A BETTER PERSON.... but it didn't make me a better than anyone else.

All of this is sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher....wha wha wha wha wha wha

*amused

Wow. That is an extremely general statement. Just like christians, or buddhists, or jews aren't all_________ (fill in the blank) neither are atheists.