Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feed I thought about Wednesday but I'm beginning to see how our holiday tradition is going to mess with my week.

I cook the whole turkey and fixings the day before and we eat a "thanksgiving" meal then on thanksgiving proper I pack up turkey stuffing cranberry sandwiches and our little family unit goes to the beach to give thanks and eats good food again...

Wow I missed thanksgiving last year because I was down for the count. But I tell you it's going to be hard this year. I LOVE I mean LOVE LOVE stuffing and I make enough of it for 15 People even though we are only four...

It's my downfall I do stuffings with everything but the kitchen sink sausage, apples, herbs, butter..

Yum and :(

I make stuffing now and again... single serving... I just use good bread, not too much oils, mix with lots of veggies and maybe some fake chicken... I am the evil devil temptress I know, I just have really gone with moderation in all things... and stuffing is one of them! With home made cranberry jelly. I don't make more than one serving, because I will eat the whole thing. In my head, 2 cups IS a serving if I let it be. I do this around once a week or less. Thats probably one reason I have taken sooooo lonnnnng to lose the weight!

I would recommend, don't go crazy about it, get in one fast day before the big meal day, then back on track after. Maintaining would be a big win during the holidays!

I would recommend, don't go crazy about it, get in one fast day before the big meal day, then back on track after. Maintaining would be a big win during the holidays!

Yes maintaining through the holidays will be a feat in itself! Perhaps expecting to lose is to much but I really want to try and keep the food in perspective.. Thanksgiving is one (or two :D) days Christmas is one day. And I have one party that I know of so far so that's a third day. If I think like that I'm hoping to survive...

I've seen a couple of members in the main forum say oops I'm falling of the wagon a bit but I will straighten up after the holidays. Yeah for me I'm trying not to make the holidays two months long of binge fest.

I'm hoping to get to moderation some day feed... Im just not there for yet, I start off ok then I just keep eating more. I still get such and emotinal "fix" through food it's still a comfort and self soothing act, that once I start I want to continue.

This has been a really strange week for me. Coming off the cruise with mega food but all the walking and stairs didn't gain anything. Worked all week ( usually only 3 Days) and everyday I only managed about 400-450 calories until today.

Now I am in Branson MO until Sat with just the hubs. Staying in a condo for which I had a travel cert. so gonna be a weird Thansgiving. All family elsewhere this year so no cooking. No leftovers. I love leftovers. :(.

Laura, talking about loving dressing. I do too! You know what the weird thing is now? I do cornbread dressing. And it is good if I do say so myself but I can on lye at a very small amount now and it feels like it swells up in my little stomach to the place it makes me miserable and get the slides! And it happens anytime I eat it. Anywhere. I keep trying because I love it so much but.... Makes me kinda sad in a strange way. You know that old food love for some foods that you can't really fulfill anymore because even a bite or two does it.

Anyway, step away from the pumpkin chocolate chip comes! And I've never had those but they sound divine!

Feed, you just amaze me with you ingenuity.

All the rest of you, have a great rest of the weekend and stay safe. It is VERY COLD here. 17 tonight. Maybe some weather.

Oh Georgia it would be so awesome if it made me sick! Or overly full! I just asked my husband if I should really make that much stuffing this year because now I'm sleeved well one minute of puppy dog looks and "well we all still love it later"

I'm making a ton again.

Yes food sadness.. I had a very sad morning two days ago I was drinking coffee with the husband and suddenly I missed my old morning Breakfast.

EVERYDAY I would make a Peanut Butter and banana sandwich on two pieces of Ezekiel bread...

Yum hot coffee sips In between bites of comfort.

Wow I think winter is hard!

Right your in freezing weather right now doesn't it just call for warm comfort food..

I would love an amazing dressing recipe!

I overdid it yesterday and am exhausted. On top of that feeling sad today.

I just want to crawl in bed but have a party I have to attend. My SIL 50th. At least it's not my 50th ...

This is the recipe I loosely follow. Except no one likes the nuts oh but pine nuts would be good!

Oh and I double it.

I like going getting more of specialty bags of stuffing cubes not just generic pepridge farms type. And if you can't find sage sausage

Italian sausage will do..

Sage, Sausage and Apple Dressing

Ingredients

16-ounce bag stuffing cubes

6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan and topping

1 pound fresh sage sausage, casing removed

1 medium onion, chopped

2 cooking apples, such as Gravenstein, Rome, or Golden Delicious, peeled, cored, and chopped

1 to 2 ribs celery with leaves, chopped

1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt

3 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned

1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted (See Note)

2 eggs, beaten

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Put the stuffing cubes in a large bowl and set aside. Butter a 3-quart casserole dish.

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until it loses most of its pink color, but not so much that it's dry, about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and pan drippings to the stuffing cubes. Melt the remaining butter in the pan. Add the onion, apple, celery, and salt. Cook until the vegetables get soft, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and parsley and bring to a boil.

Pour the vegetable mixture over the stuffing cubes and toss until evenly moistened. Mix in the walnuts and eggs. Loosely pack the dressing in the prepared pan and cook uncovered until the top forms a crust, about 40 minutes. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of turkey pan drippings or melted butter over the top. Cook until the top is crisp and golden, about 20 minutes more. Set immediately or warm.

Tips: Put the dressing in the oven during the last hour of cooking the turkey

Note: To toast nuts, spread them out on a baking sheet and toast in a 350 degree F oven until golden, about 7 minutes.

I would love an amazing dressing recipe!

If I were at home, I'd send you mine which is my BIL. The best! Won't be home til Saturday.

Oh Georgia it would be so awesome if it made me sick! Or overly full! I just asked my husband if I should really make that much stuffing this year because now I'm sleeved well one minute of puppy dog looks and "well we all still love it later" <br> I'm making a ton again. <br> Yes food sadness.. I had a very sad morning two days ago I was drinking coffee with the husband and suddenly I missed my old morning breakfast. <br> EVERYDAY I would make a Peanut Butter and banana sandwich on two pieces of Ezekiel bread... <br> Yum hot coffee sips In between bites of comfort. <br> Wow I think winter is hard! <br> Right your in freezing weather right now doesn't it just call for warm comfort food..

Oh yes! Like pumpkin bread, muffins, banana nut, etc etcetera tc. Anything of a bread type cake would be luscious. Lol

Oh yes! Like pumpkin bread, muffins, banana nut, etc etcetera tc. Anything of a bread type cake would be luscious. Lol

Lol my husband just came home and asked if he should trash the 5 over ripe bananas in the fridge or "are youI going to make banana bread"...

We have pumpkin muffins and pumpkin Cookies. Sorry Charlie! I just trashed the bananas:p

You can freeze them for later if you like...

...that recipe sounds delish! I like cranberries or golden raisins in mine... caramelized onions, mushrooms, sage.... 

those bananas could have been great in a Peanut Butter Protein Shake, yummmmmm.....

Well, last night I sorta fell off the cliff, but it wasn't carbs, it was Protein. right around bedtime I suddenly became frantic for protein and quickly made some tuna and scarfed it down like evidence and the Feds were after me. not good.

Kinda feeling a little neglected, as I offered up some heavy stuff and only one person responded .....

Also feeling kinda fragile/sensitive, because I got completely and utterly annihilated on another thread. There is this nasty little control freak who goes out of her way to find any thread I have written on and purposely misunderstand in order to start fights. Is that called trolling? Whatever is going on in her head, she has decided I am enemy #1. So I posted a sentence that was just, a sentence, on the "Food Philosophy" thread. It was a simple statement of fact, and thanks to her nasty encouragement, everyone on the thread turned on me like jackals, just absolutely writhing with wrath. It was so wierd and unnecessary.

Also, I'm pretty sad today, I've been missing my Dad (I called him Pa) a lot today, I have a lot of anxiety regarding Thanksgiving and especially Christmas, as it will be our first Christmas without him and last year's was unbelievably painful. He died January 9th and the trauma is still so fresh .....

Also, I'm scared, because you all know how clean I've been eating and you know, per my last post, that I recently had a carb mania. Afterward I thought, "well, at least we will see what if any all those harsh ingredients will have on me." For a minute I thought there wouldn't be any effects, but I think there are, I've been kinda stumbly today, and tired. It scares me.

Also, because of some changes, we aren't receiving mail today, and won't until after Thanksgiving, so no care packages...

Does anyone have any opinions about stevia? I wonder if I am encouraging a detrimental sweet tooth with my stevia-sweetened teas and cocoa...

Sorry I'm a downer today.