Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone can read our posts here. I thought we were private?

^^^^ What?^^^^ I love this site for many reasons, but this ain't one of them.

When did this happen? I thought we had that taken care of.

I posted things here because I thought it was private. I don't have an alternate I'D to test it. Why do we think it changed?

Say what now?!! Not private? Mer.

I had the worst 5:2 day yesterday, after getting yet another scare about my taxes. I closed the day at 630 cals and then out of nowhere, like a zombie, I found myself walking to the office at 10 at night in the freezing cold, where I filled a bowl with girl scout lemon scone Cookies and roasted salted pistachios. v_v WTF?!!

The cookies, I had about 7 of them, were probably 800 calories. I know why I did it, I KNOW. I was self-medicating. Now that I have been learning so much about autoimmune disease etc. I have discovered that, for some people, certain carbohydrates act in the brain as opiods, quite literally drugging the person, leaving them overly calm, woozy, sedated. I fell under the weight of my fears and anxieties and tastebuds. shoot.

Laura - that book, She's Come Undone, did a number on me. I read it some 10-15 years ago and it both disturbed and comforted me, but mostly disturbed me I think because of how much it resonated with me. When at the time I told my Mother how much I identified with the character, my Mother looked at me sharply, said what?! and I shut up. Didn't want to get in trouble...

My ipod is stuck on shuffle, my tablet is going wonky, my electric kettle is on the fritz.

Coops and CGJane - yes something must happen with 5:2, or with any drastic change in diet. I have been on my Wahl's Protocol in the 5:2 manner for almost 7 weeks and I have my period twice a month now, with mega symptoms, and the rest of the month is spent spotting :/ I'm so afraid of going through menopause early, my Grandmother had a hysterectomy by the time she was my age. I have an IUD, the Mirena, and it wasn't until it was inserted that I discovered that I have a septuate uterus, which sucks. I don't know if the Mirena hormones are keeping me in estrogen, or making things worse. All I know is that I have to pluck my chin every week (!!!!!!!!!) and my periods are fucked up. I don't want to give up the dream of having children naturally. Not that, too. please....

Fasting went well yesterday. Got back to goal after 2 1/2 weeks of bouncie bounce bounce above. Seeing it twice makes it more real to me!

Globe, that book did the same thing to me.. I identified with her so much it was scary. I guess that's why I was shocked and kept looking at the male author in disbelief... Skinniness why do you say we are not private? When I'm signed out I cannot get to these posts beyond our mission statement page.. I'll sign in under an alternate and check now though.. Fast went ok yesterday came in under 600. stress and depression are playing a part in the standstill of weight loss I feel though.

Edit: great video sarsar!!!!

Ok I signed in with an alternate and I'm not seeing it? It doesn't pop up under currents and if I do a search I can't get in...

Skinniness can you let me know how others are seeing it? Maybe I'm missing something.

I read that book and I remember really liking the book and going back to the library to see if he had written any other books. I don't even remember what it was about . I need to read it again. I just remember really liking it.

I did well with my eating yesterday. I am still seeing .2 which I want to be gone.

Then I will be 137 something

I've been spending so much of my time taking care the cats o of my friend who broke his hip. Today I need to go to the store and get him some goodies to keep in his room. They stuck him in a nursing home for physical therapy.

It's really cold here and my gym has no heat so I'm not going.

I remember reading She's Come Undone. Couldn't put it down and then I was sorta depressed by it. This was at least 10 years ago and now I don't remember anything except her being obese. I am not inclined to read it again...

Hey, I saw a fun movie - HEAT with Sandra bullock and the very funny actress from Bridesmaids, highly recommend. Female cop buddy action comedy type fluff - lotsa fun!

I read a great book too - the Book Thief. Yet another depressing nazi book, but I still loved it. I love books and literature so somehow telling the story through "that story telling angle" grabbed me.

I haven't seen my "friend" in ages because he is really really sick. So bad he is rehabbing at his son's house. I am trying to decide if it makes sense to sort of let things just go away now that I am not used to seeing him (well, even less then normal!). Yet, I find myself thinking of him daily which I guess is the main reason I need to devise my exit strategy I admit I am falling for him even as i realize how incredibly insane that is.

I went on a very casual date though - can you believe it? It was with someone I met before. He seems a super great guy and there are so many things I like about him, but he doesn't set me on fire. I know that I ask for way too much,... because I think he would do a good 30-50% of the things on the list I posted. He is boisterous and outgoing and active. He is also a foreigner who became a citizen here - was a professional soccer player many decades ago and still coaches girls teams. He seems to like me a great deal, evidence - he has a friend who is a plastic surgeon across the country and discussed me with his friend...LOL. He was worried about my going to Mexico and wanted to make sure I wasn't likely to have big problems now as a result. (do you see the humur in a person from another country being biased against Mexican surgeons??). And he is good looking which is a fairly rare thing in men that I meet anyway. Not tall enough, but I can get over that. See paragraph above, when you have someone you feel that chemistry with (ie my parttime bf), everybody else is just "eh" by comparison.

I think I need to go back to work. The private patient FB support group for my surgeon is controlled by ... well... a difficult personality and I want to kill her. That is the sign that you have too much free time when you get pissed off by some online control freak...LOL. She picks on me (really, it isn't my imagination) but I actually think it is because of some jealousy based on remarks she has made to me over the last 6 months, but the latest is a doozy. Makes no sense to me... and maybe I am hallucinating which is why I need to go back to work. I get chastised for about every 3 rd post I make and I don't even know why I bother except I like to share...LOL. Get a life Sheryl, get a life.

I do seem to be back in favor with the scale gods which is what really matters, right (thats a joke in case that wasn't clear). I am back down to 150 (actually 148.9 nekkid). I fasted and then I ate more carbs then I normally do for a couple of days. I was thinking about the whole "shake it up" concept and sure enough changing SOMETHING always seems to make the scale move, sometimes in mysterious ways. I want to maintain 150 as my top weight which I think is very realistic for a 5'5" woman with a large frame - well, at least I have broad shoulders and wide ribcage so I claim the large frame catagory.

This week, I am feeling better and better but man do I get itchy. I no longer regret plastics and am in amazement at my hourglass measurements. Who thought such a thing is even possible? Over the compression garments I measure 40-29-39. Most of my life my waist measurement has been in the same ballpark as my hips... I think without the compression garments my waist is 30" not 29" but I haven't checked recently.

I complain about my compression garments - bitterly - and monday is the magic day when I can stop wearing it, but I can't imagine not wearing it. It has become like a second skin, it gives me security, it holds me together. They are also starting to fall apart a little and I need more comfy ones that don't make my ass look like a pancake....

That is my Friday morning ramble...

I think when we "post" here it shows up (the thread) under that "Recent Forum Topics" but then if you aren't one of our private group people then it will say you don't have access. At least I hope that is still the case...let me try this from a different browser and see...

Okay COOL...this is what I see when I'm not logged in: BariatricPal Message

You do not have permission to view this forum. In some cases joining this Social Group will give you permission to view this forum.

So I think we are good. ===WAIT=== News flash though, as I look at the bottom of the screen it says 2 user(s) are reading this topic, 1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users...I'm assuming the member is ME, but then who is the guest and I didn't think "guests" were allowed to read here...hum, wonder what that all means? Maybe we need to have someone who is logged in but NOT part of the 5:2 check and report back to us...???

I'm not 100% up-to-date here, but I just wanted to tell all of you that doing the 6:1 does indeed create maintenance, because that is ALL I've been able to manage lately. Fasting only one day a week for 3 weeks now and the scale keeps flashing up the same number. Sigh. So I will take it because it's better than gaining...but I need some sort of 5:2 fairy to come here and kick my arse into high gear! Alright that is all I have for today...

Did Cheri ever come back? I would hate to see her stay away permanently. Sigh.

I asked Alex and he checked and said this group is completely private. Nobody can read our posts since Laura changed it with the new site. Skinny, did something happen to make you think it's not private?

CGJ, in my opinion 30-50 percent of the list is not enough. Girl, with everything you have been through you need to be going for 100%! You deserve 100%! I don't know what to say about the part time boyfriend. He may have filled a need for you and now it's time to let it go since you know he can't give you what you now need and want. Also, I saw your new pics...you look wonderful! I can't get over the difference in the arms.

I feel for you that are dating. I can't imagine going through it now. It's been over 20 years since I have done that. My daughter is 23 and she is dating...do any of you have any sons in that age range? lol I keep telling her I will find someone for her bc she gets tired of looking. I tell her she is young she has plenty of time yet. :)

Laura, sorry you are feeling down. Hang in there.

OD, your friend is lucky to have you!

Globe, I hate the emotional eating. HATE IT! Sometimes I win that battle, sometimes I don't. Wish it was not one I had to fight.

M2G, just saw your post as I am typing. I was logged in the same time so maybe I showed up as the guest?

I fasted on Tuesday and Thursday this week. It was fine came in at 550 calories both days. My goal this weekend is to eat well. Sometimes I just lose it on the weekends.

Carry on sisters! (Thanks M2G...I love it!)

Sarsar, I have a lovely available son! Age 26, employed ( engineer), blond hair blue ryes lovely personality - I'm a little biased.

Cathy, how tall is he? Her last boyfriend was too short for her so we decided her next one needs to be right around 6 feet tall or taller is fine. She is about 5'8", brown hair, hazel green eyes. She is a wonderful girl, sweet, funny, cute! There might be one problem...I assume he lives in the UK?

Dang Cathy, how does tall blonde and handsome feel about older women... haha.

My sons are 21 & 24 - both of them great young men. Dating is hard at any age and i guess like most people i never dreamed I would be facing it again at 49... and yet here I am.

And yes Sarsar, I think of all the work I had done, the arms are what wows me the most.

I went out for happy hour with my good friend Mary tonight. She came out of the ladies room saying "I don't recognize you!". It is astounding what a difference my overall shape change has made. I couldn't be happier with that "Big picture improvement" to my entire siloutte.