Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I really understand her excitement, not sure exactly why it rubbed me so wrong. I am very content being an honest size 8/size medium. I am 5'5", long torso, broad shoulders and weigh 150#. Size 8 is just peachy - to me it is a nice normal size for a 49 year old woman, especially that used to wear more like a 26-28W (my highest size was 32W heaven help me).

People always think I weigh less - I suspect heavy bones from a lifetime of carrying around an extra human's worth of body weight. Anyway, I just wanted to mention because I was SHOCKED. In my past experience true designer labels I need a BIGGER size. I thought that store would be more like it... then I noticed all the double zero, triple zero sizes and i started to become suspicious.... Then, I tried on the first pair of 8s and they about fell off. That is when I could not help think of miss prancing pants...LOL

Laura - I don't recall seeing full body photos, but your face looks damn skinny. I keep feeling like you are at or near the weight you SHOULD be. Hell with the charts.

My sister and niece asked me why I keep losing weight - they said my face looks thinner. I have probably lost 8-10# since I saw them, but I told them it is just redistributing. I also admitted my actual weight and they were shocked - thought I was more in the 120-130 range. hmmm

I feel like I need coaching/moral support in life right now. I wish I could see all of you over coffee, or a glass of wine. I am not sure why my emotions are so up-ticked right now. I feel excited, sad, confused, lonely, yet happy about all my friends and family. I am just a bundle of contradictions and I don't really know why.

I am returning to work today thank goodness working from home this week. I am physically better, mentally fragile.

For me, my eating and weight are all doing good. I am not scared of overeating at the holidays - I am confidently determined to maintain my weight. Maybe it is the dating prospect that winds me up? I know what it really is....

Lets see...

lose 150+ pounds - check

end emotionally dead non relationship - check

remove extra skin - check

get kids out on their own - check

crap... now what????

I keep trying to defer that question and my counselor has asked me to learn to be "okay" with not having a plan. Damn, I don't like it. I am a strong confident woman but I scared about living alone come january. I am scared about starting dating. I REALLY want to date but at the same time have mixed feelings about really getting involved with someone and his baggage. I am scared about the emptiness that I sometimes feel. I guess it has always been there, but now that I FEEL everything, no numbing with food and carb induced haze... it is more persistantly troubling.

Don't get me wrong, I am mostly okay, but have a certain heaviness of heart and spirit at times. I think returning to exercise and real life will help.

You ladies were really chatty this weekend! :)

---side note, is Alex EVER going to straighten out the post count? I guess it doesn't really matter that I've posted like 2,000 times vs 6,000 times I just think it's ODD that happened when we switched over--- sorry SQUIRREL!! :P

Post count updated.

It was only by chance that I read your post. I don't have the opportunity to read everything that's posted. Please drop me a PM if you or anyone else has ANY issues with the site.

Blah...I keep typing responses to all of you and then erasing them! My words just aren't coming out right today for some reason. lol I think I'll try again later.

We got a couple of inches of snow here today. Yuck.

I am fasting today and Wednesday this week.

My daughter is coming home for Thanksgiving so I will get to see her tomorrow night. That makes me happy!:)

Wow, Thanksgiving in the US is this Thursday......all the talk of turkey is making my mouth water.....

My family will make turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and rolls. Plus my DH is insisting on buying 2 pies from Marie Calendar..... :o:unsure: I can only eat so much.....:P

Just got my lab results back.....everything is really good except my LDL......I need to figure out how I can lower my LDL with the small amount that I eat. I love that my B Vitamins are way up there and so is my ferritin (iron). Thankful I chose the sleeve.... :P

Today is preparing for gathering organic food items for preparation for Thursday's feast.... :P I think I will prepare some of the food on Wednesday so we don't have too much to cook...... :P

Happy Monday to everyone!

Some clothes from the White House Black Market.... I am not convinced they are any more special then my Ross finds, but curious what you guys think. I need clothes for a couple of different purposes:

-updated photos for dating profile

-clothes for speed dating. Tips on that subject are that you sit so what men see is above the table, but there is a little happy hour socializing so you stand some too

-clothes for "dates" - I don't mean a coffee meeting but when someone actually wants to take me out...lol

I like to wear dresses but I feel that especially for the speed dating, dresses look like too much. Seattle is very casual so the most put together looks for women tend to be jeans or leggings dressed up.

Forgive my hair and no makeup and general monday morning pallor - question is about the clothes

Also sorry about the orientation, I rotate them but they don't seem to stay fixed...

Photo #1 - bootcut jeans were on sale and I will keep them

those are a plain pair of black pumps I already owned, jacket I already own

red top is so cute in my eyes but I am not crazy about it in this photos

Datenightclothesshots019_zps8174d814.jpg

Same thing without jacket

Datenightclothesshots014_zps998761ce.jpg

#3 my leading contender for date night clothes - new top, jeggings and jacket AND shoes. Jury is out on the shoes, what do you think?

Datenightclothesshots039_zpsa16dd9f6.jpg

#3 the red top with the new jacket, and the jeggings

Datenightclothesshots030_zps64279c4d.jpg

#4 - new top and jacket worn with new Ponte Pants. shoes are from my closet... doesn't color match but I like em

Datenightclothesshots043_zps2f2cd0c6.jpg

So, I felt like they looked good but when I look at pix, i get a little middle age "trying to hard" vibe. I don't know, I am so hard on myself, my face just looks SO OLD.

Anyway, these WHBM clothes are expensive so I want to return them if they aren't flattering. And I will find someone to take my photos since self portraits are lousy...

It was only by chance that I read your post. I don't have the opportunity to read everything that's posted.

Ya right, Alex. We know you're reading all of the posts in our group...checking out all the hot pics of CGJ...reading all the gossip!

CGJ...First, your face does NOT look old to me at all! You are so pretty! I think I remember you saying that when you had plastics the doctor transferred some fat into your face?? Are you happy with the results from that?

I really like the outfit Laura picked out but I don't care for the black shoes. I do like the blue heels in the other pic. I really like the red top on you, too. If you want to soften the (red top) look a bit you could wear a black cardigan with it instead of the leather jacket. I think with either top you need some kind of necklace to go with it.

All of the clothes are very flattering on you. You look really good in skinny jeans!

Thanks Laura, what do you think of the shoes.

Sarsar, thanks for your input - I am of mixed mind about those shoes. The fat injections don't last, it is already faded so much it is barely noticable. Not worth it, BUT did give me an idea of what I would like like to get an injectable of something more long lasting. I am trying to not worry about it, I have face more than body dismorphia and I know it...

You know the sales clerk had me try on dozens of pair of boot cut and I did buy the one that were on sale, but none of them said "wow" to me like the jeggings did. Even the ponte pants were...ehhh, okay - but I too liked the jeggings the best.

I did not realize that i am so wide across the hips till seeing these photos. I don't measure that wide, but I sure look it in some of these shots...LOL

Have to tell you a funny - my friend Mary told me that with all these heels I am only going to get dates from tall men. I told her - that's the plan, pick the shoes first...

I don't actually care about looks that much in a LTR, but for just dating, I want someone who looks alot like Steven (damn). Tall, broad shoulders, athletic trim/thin build, preferably dark full head of hair and no facial hair. But no, I am not picky. I am sure that will be easy to find in a guy that is also actually near my age and wants to date me...NOT

I like the shoes they are sex kitten cute.. But you can also try a pair of booties like these.. Go to google images and type in "skinny jeans and booties" it will give you tons of ideas :)post-167126-0-40416700-1385420435_thumb.jpg

post-167126-0-82297800-1385420420_thumb.jpg

CowgirlJane, I defo agree with the skinny jeans - they look fab! 3rd & 4th pic for me...

Can I be honest... not fussed on the leather jacket - I think black might be the wrong colour for you? A bit harsh for your skin tone? Might be the lighting of the pic though... As far as the shoes go ... defo consider boots; ankle or knee length, they would totally rock those skinny jeans.

I love the red top - defo a good colour on you. Ever thought of putting green in your outfit - ok, I'm biased cos it is my fav colour, but I reckon with your complexion and your hair it would look lush!

Of course, this is coming from a woman who has no dress sense...lol... please feel free to ignore me...lol x

Ok, first fast of the week done and in the bag... feeling rather smug. You lot - and a friend - inspired me to make something wholesome (good American word there ladies) and I made butternut squash Soup, from scratch. OMG! It was delish! So proud of my little self, simple but effective! My kids loved it too - my daughter had seconds and my son literally wiped his dish clean with some bread - yes, they still have bread...lol. Hubby on afters so he hasn't tried it yet but there is plenty left. Will prob have some for my dinner tomo.

So, now I have the bug for soup making - I think red peppers and toms are my next project! hahahaaaa!

I also love the idea of sharing outfits before going out on here. I have a hen night on Sat and I'm unsure of what to wear... my hubby is way to kind to be honest and my daughter doesn't 'get' my style! Wrong generation, she will learn one day. And my son, well he thinks I am beautiful whatever - bless him!