Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BTW, I was NOT wearing compression garments or Shapewear, I think those skinnies would look better with lower body compression as that is the only way for my thighs to not touch. All of your feedback is super helpful. I wear straight leg or skinny leg for horse back riding, boot cut is too much fabric and gets all wonky with the stirrups and fenders. I have no idea why store people keep telling me to wear bootcut, I know that clinton and stacy are big fans of a boot cut, but i have always felt that they make me look heavier and my short legs look even shorter. My thighs are "rubenesque" my calves are just plain skinny (13.5" over tights, 14" over jeans) so I figure why not show of the skinny parts? This is the one of the reasons I like to wear dresses, I actually have nice calves and think ankles - even did when i was obese. Feedback from males in my life - they like the roundness of the thighs and butt so the emphasis of the skinnies work. As far as my hair, I have had several consult about going short but have decided againtst it for two reasons. #1 my hair is really high maintenance when short. Long, it is simply rinse, detangle and wear. #2 Many people consider my hair my best feature. I know what you mean about face shape etc with hair, but I like my hair and not ready to lose it.

I found it interesting that my long torso was easily spotted. It is true, I am all body and no legs so I NEED to wear heels. I have another outfit that I wore that my friend mary went gaga over. It is black treggings (basically jeggings) from H&M with faux leather trim down the side. I combined it with a very colorful blue top. It was a very cheap outfit - maybe $25 - I need to get pictures.

I DO appreciate your comments even if I don't take all the advice, it is good to have objective eyes.

I am curious why you all didn't like the jacket. I LIKE short jackets and I like black alot. This one intrigued me because it was lower collared and had that trendy military look, none of my other clothes have that detail. Seattle is the city of black clothes and while I would happily dress head to toe in red or saphirre blue or a beautiful purple, I tend to stand out ALOT when I wear it even as an accent piece. I have a couple of red dresses that I adore but I never find occasion to wear them in this city of "don't stand out" social norm. Everything here is so muted in wardrobe colors. Most grays and all tans REALLY wash me out so I wind up with black, usually accenting with color.

So, last night I met a gfriend for dinner an because I was wearing my compression garment which makes my ass look weird in close fitting leggings or skinny jeans (my normal pants) so I wore one of my dresses. I didn't put alot of thought into this outfit and I am not crazy about the gray tights but I like this dress. I get compliments on it when I wear it. It is actually green and navy. Those boots are black and very comfy but they lack the sexy that I want with skinnies. I am thinking those little shooties, basically a cross between pumps and short boots is the way to go with skinnies for a date night.

Seriously though, my hips got wider when my waist got smaller - how did that happen? ha! I always wanted that hourglass shape and now that I have something closer, its a little weird.

post-122684-0-37825600-1385487343_thumb.jpg

post-122684-0-36884400-1385487364_thumb.jpg

Swiz, I know what you mean - I feel a kinship to you and others here. Our lives are different in many ways, but I can often FEEL exactly what you all are saying. It is a strange connection but when you think about it, how many obese people have WLS, actually get in the general range of a normal weight and maintain it? And stick around to talk about it? I guess we are a common birds of a feather.

And yes, I am at times experiencing alot of emotion that seems... disproportionate. It is because of life changes and I am just ... going with the flow. It helps me to post here and share.

I think fundamentally, I am not over the grief of so many years having a limited and smaller life due to obesity. I think that is the root of my feeling so old problem. I don't really feel old, I feel like i am 30 until I look in the mirror and I am like "holy crap". I think this is something I need to spend time on with the counselor as regret is a useless thought circle, it is just hard to realize that I am nearly 50 and i have done alot of things, BUT I have missed out on so much.

As far as group size, I am okay with opening up to more. Have you considered if there are some current members that should be asked if they really want to participate? Maybe a little turnover of people who aren't getting anything out of this?

So, i don't mean to be nosy - but what happened to Cheri? I miss having here here.

CGJ I really don't like the leather jacket........I thing a cardigan with a little color would be great for you to put some more color in you. I love the red and the skinny jeans! They make you look so sexy! I do like the booties though. and perhaps different than black....... :P

Globe thanks that site is awesome. My son would love the pumpkin chipotle Soup. I am not a chef hate to cook love to eat. But I do like to cook for Thanksgiving and sites like this one gives good ideas for something different and love the low carb stuff. Got a quote from Eggface "remember it's a holiDAY not a holiMONTH" goes with my thoughts to keep us on track

I think I have already turned it into a holiWEEK.... who brought yummy food to work today.... EVERYONE!... including me. There ya go!

BTW, I was NOT wearing compression garments or Shapewear, I think those skinnies would look better with lower body compression as that is the only way for my thighs to not touch.  All of your feedback is super helpful.  I wear straight leg or skinny leg for horse back riding, boot cut is too much fabric and gets all wonky with the stirrups and fenders.  I have no idea why store people keep telling me to wear bootcut, I know that clinton and stacy are big fans of a boot cut, but i have always felt that they make me look heavier and my short legs look even shorter.  My thighs are "rubenesque" my calves are just plain skinny (13.5" over tights, 14" over jeans) so I figure why not show of the skinny parts?  This is the one of the reasons I like to wear dresses, I actually have nice calves and think ankles - even did when i was obese.  Feedback from males in my life - they like the roundness of the thighs and butt so the emphasis of the skinnies work.  As far as my hair, I have had several consult about going short  but have decided againtst it for two reasons. #1 my hair is really high maintenance when short.  Long, it is simply rinse, detangle and wear.   #2 Many people consider my hair my best feature.  I know what you mean about face shape etc with hair, but I like my hair and not ready to lose it.

I found it interesting that my long torso was easily spotted.  It is true, I am all body and no legs so I NEED to wear heels.  I have another outfit that I wore that my friend mary went gaga over.  It is black treggings (basically jeggings) from H&M with faux leather trim down the side.  I combined it with a very colorful blue top.  It was a very cheap outfit - maybe $25 - I need to get pictures. 

I DO appreciate your comments even if I don't take all the advice, it is good to have objective eyes.

I am curious why you all didn't like the jacket.  I LIKE short jackets and I like black alot. This one intrigued me because it was lower collared and had that trendy military look, none of my other clothes have that detail.  Seattle is the city of black clothes and while I would happily dress head to toe in red or saphirre blue or a beautiful purple, I tend to stand out ALOT when I wear it even as an accent piece.  I have a couple of red dresses that I adore but I never find occasion to wear them in this city of "don't stand out" social norm.   Everything here is so muted in wardrobe colors.  Most grays and all tans REALLY wash me out so I wind up with black, usually accenting with color.

So, last night I met a gfriend for dinner an because I was wearing my compression garment which makes my ass look weird in close fitting leggings or skinny jeans (my normal pants) so I wore one of my dresses.  I didn't put alot of thought into this outfit and I am not crazy about the gray tights but I like this dress. I get compliments on it when I wear it.  It is actually green and navy.   Those boots are black and very comfy but they lack the sexy that I want with skinnies.  I am thinking those little shooties, basically a cross between pumps and short boots is the way to go with skinnies for a date night.

Seriously though, my hips got wider when my waist got smaller - how did that happen?  ha!  I always wanted that hourglass shape and now that I have something closer, its a little weird.

Just putting it out there.. I LOVE BLACK.  I do like to pop out of it now and then, I have some crazy print pants in high contrast colors, and stacks of multi color bracelets too.... photots to big, couldnt open them.... thumnail looked cool...

Lol I love black too! I know it's harsh especially since I'm getting older and I also get the comments about the long hair fact of the matter my hair is very long and in pictures I can see how it's "dragging" my face down a bit.. But like Jane it's hard to get rid of!! It's one of my security blankets.... Oh and fasting today! Brown I love the holliMONTH comment :P

Globe we went mushroom hunting on Sunday banana slugs galore!!

And yes nighttime and sweet.. Lol I like travel mugs too even at home it's like a giant sippy cup :P I like your recipe I will try it :)

Pickled herring blech.. My son likes it though as a matter of fact we have a big jar in the fridge now I could see how eating it would mess with you

Blech!

ok, I had a guy once tell me that it is only other women that think we need to cut our hair short...lol... 9 out of 10 of them like it long. In my case, my hair can get a little wild looking due to the massive curl and that definately attracts attention too. maybe not the right attention, did i tell you the story of what happened last year when out dancing. A complete stranger put his arm around my waist from behind and grabbed a handful of my hair. omg... my friends and I all about freaked. As one of them said, usually you get dinner and drinks before THAT. He apologized profusely saying he just got carried away... it was WEIRD, I have no idea what kind of madness overcame that dude but i am telling you, my hair is like a signature part of my looks.

but, the main thing is that I don't really want an afro and I am unwilling to straighten and use appliances on my hair - so it stays long...lol. I wish I could do bangs, but I can't due to the curl and my unwillingness to work at it. My hair right now, I rinse it with a detangling conditioner, put in a leave in curl enhancer and let it dry... no fuss no muss. My pix in the pants my hair was still wet so it didn't look that great, but it really does look good when fully dry and ready to go.

And yes, black is harsh, but I am telling you NO ONE wears bright colors around here. I don't mind standing out in a crowd a little but everytime i wear something with a real strong color - like a red dress or a red jacket for example, i feel self conscious even though I know it is a great color on me. My skin tone relishes bright and jewel/royal tones - red, blue, purple. Can't really wear yellow, beige, tan and most grays without looking dead. It leaves me with black. I will keep it in mind though to wear scarves and stuff more to get color around my face.

The jacket from WHBM is not leather, it is a black fabric with gold buttons and a military type styling/shape.

so far, I am avoiding the holiweek and holimonth syndrome but i ate a freaking candy bar yesterday. I dont know what possesed me, but at least it was awesome and high quality chocolate, not a junky any old candy bar. It made me feel icky though so not tempted to repeat anytime soon. That is the key to junk food, need to go into training to eat it successfully, so I just need to not repeat regularly.

My nana was the most beautiful woman in the world she kept her hair long and wore it down until her death a couple of years ago it was beautifully white. People used to stop her to tell her how beautiful it was... Secretly I want my hair to look like hers so I leave it long and wait for the grays to start looking good rather than weird!

I too love long hair... but I love short hair too!  I suppose it is one of those very personal things... Now mine has a little thickness back I am trying to grow a little length so I can wear it in a variety of styles.  It has a natural curl and can look pretty if teased in the right way. 

So the butternut squash went down a storm with the hubby too - we are hooked, especially in this cold weather.

Easy to make:

1 butternut squash

1 red onion

carrot - I used 3 small/medium

1 small sweet pot

1 1/2 pints of veggie stock - I used oxo cubes, not sure if you get them in America?

garlic pepper, chilli powder (you can leave this out or use curry powder) and mixed herbs.

Chuck in a saucepan for 30 mins and blend - I used a hand blender.

Yum yum yum! Low cals too... that made a massive pot and served 8 bowls of loveliness !

I am going to try red pepper and toms tomorrow... same sorta thing!

Oooo - I forgot to mention, I added a teaspoon of coconut oil... dunno why...lol

Oh and I think I am on the cusp of losing another pound.... saw 158 again on Sat, just need it to stick so I can claim it!  Perhaps this is the start of another small losing phase?  Please let that be - just 5lbs away from my surgeon's goal and I can almost taste it!

Go Coops that goal is within touching distance. Love pumpkin Soup - it certainly is turning to soup weather here isn't it?

CGJ - I don't have much fashion sense but I loved that red top you was wearing also the skinny jeans.

Fast day today and have come in at about 600, I was at 500 but looked at my Protein count and decided I needed more so had a Protein Shake.< /p>

scale not moving but I think I need to re look at my carbs.

My next fast day is Thursday so while you ladies (and Alex) are tucking into Turkey and trimmings I will have my Greek yoghurt.

Cathy and Coops, do you two live near each other?

Coops, thanks for the recipe. I'll have to give it a try. I was going to ask what a sweet pot was, I thought it was something we didn't have here but I figured it out! :) Crossing my fingers that you are on a losing streak!

My hair used to be long like yours, Jane. I used to get a spiral perm because I liked it curly. Then, 10 years ago when I had my son, my hair turned curly on its own. It's stayed that way since then. It's not nice curly like yours though. It just doesn't lay nice so I have to do stuff to it. I started having thyroid problems and I lost a ton of hair. Then I had my sleeve and I lost at least half of my hair so I cut it shorter.

Laura, what is mushroom hunting?

Globe, would you mind sharing what symptoms you had before you found out you have MS? If you don't want to, I understand.

Good day for me today. I didn't have much of an appetite, I like how that usually happens after fast days for me. Tomorrow I'm going to fast again to get my second day in this week.

My daughter is on her way home!! Makes me happy that we will all be together or Thanksgiving.

Hey sarsar mushroom hunting around here mean going out and foraging for wild mushrooms..

But for us it means going out and hiking around to photograph and identify mushrooms..

My son hates eating mushrooms (the shame)

But when he was younger he wanted to be a mycologist and learned everything he could about fungi.. He has changed hi career aspirations but occasionally still liked to go out.

Here's a couple of pictures. Notice the kid has a notebook and a pencil :P

post-167126-0-41703000-1385521692_thumb.jpg

post-167126-0-72045400-1385521671_thumb.jpg

post-167126-0-53484700-1385521733_thumb.jpg

Where do you live Laura? Mushroom hunting is very big around here too. One of my bffs is a mushroom buyer. She is completely rich.  She buys all the mushrooms the people  bring in but she has stations all over the west coast. Right now she is on her way down to SF to see one of her BFFs who lives in Carmel. Didn't know there was such big money in mushrooms I bet! She sells them to the food network, and all those famous chefs.

We should ask some people if they want to stay in our group who do not post, before we open it up to more people.  I'd like to have a group where people are going to post and participate, even if they only fast one day a week. The thing 5:2 has done for me is cured me of grazing all evening long.

Can someone give me a link to where Jan'es pictures are? I missed a couple of days bc my friend fell and broke his hip and he's been taking up all my time. He has no other friends or family.

Globe, I so wish my box would get there soon!

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Jane and I might be meeting soon. I go to Portland frequently and apparently, she does too.

I am 61 and I refuse to cut my hair. I am so lucky it hasn't turned grey. I would cut it if I had to dye it. Mine got curlier too as I've gotten older. Not anywhere close to as curly as Jane's though. Hers is like Lil Miss Diva who sadly has stopped posting.