Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my sisters here and to those of you (Coops, Cathy, and anyone I'm missing) like SarSar said...happy Thursday to you. LOL

I'm here at my moms and realized that as much that she is a food lover and a food pusher I'm very much a FOOD ACCEPTOR...my own dang fault. She made honeyed nuts yesterday and I could NOT stop eating them ...gah!

Plan for today is to GET SOME TYPE OF EXERCISE in. She lives in a beautiful area and hubby, my oldest DD and I are talking about going for a jog. Youngest DD is not feeling well, sniffles, cough, laying low.

Anyway, there will be LOTS of food today and I'm really trying to keep it to clean Proteins and only a smidge or two of the bad stuff.

Thinking of you all with...grateful to have this forum...special thoughts and hugs being sent to GT.

I am excited that I saw 136 this morning. Now iit's Thanksgiving so I know I won't see it again for a few days. I plan on having some pie today!

That's how I lose weight too, normally, I stall then drop a chunk and it takes awhile for the new weight to stick.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Globe I know you're ahead of us by half a day. I hope you had a nice day and I hope your box shows up very soon. I can't wait to hear what you say.

Happy thanksgiving!!

Globe that is discouraging news. Is treatment better in USA? Does it improve your quality of life to move? Is disability an option? Disability can be incredibly hard to get but for some conditions it's practically automatic. Do you belong to any MS online information and support forums? I know nothing about this illness but I have to believe there is hope.

Globe, I'm so sorry for the news of the progression, my Mil has MS but luckily it's not progressing much but she still has some bad days...

Daisy, the Santa Cruz mountains are to pretty to associate with an ex! Girl if I associated ex'es with places I'd never leave my bed.... Oh wait that wouldn't be safe either! :P

I know break ups are hard I've had more than I care to remember. Oh and I was always the one dumped.. Funny the abuse I put up with and I was the one always dumped.. Some breakups were so hard I literally did not know how I would live afterwards, I literally felt like I was dying (dramatic I know, but that's me) I've never mentioned it but my daughter is from a previous relationship....

That was the hardest breakup (and messy) it went against everything I felt and wanted parenthood to be... And having a little baby girl I felt I would never date again because I would NEVER trust a man with my daughter. Let alone marry a man and have him in the same house with my daughter (issues I know) :(

I don't believe in "god" but I thank the sky's above for my husband. I could go on for paragraphs about what a good man he is. A decent moral man a perfect father a true father to my daughter (since she was three) and our son, the father I wish I had...

But it's gets me crying and this long post would get even more long :P I now thank my ex for dumping me every time we talk (lol he hates that and always asks me to come back) :P

Wow! Sorry long winded!

Oh and yes Los Gatos is ritzy but I'm not. :)

Ok this was supposed to be a short HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Post So here it is!!!

Happy day to all!

Girls - Happy Thanks Giving from across the pond!  Enjoy your day, food and all!  Tomorrow's a new day!

This might sound a little weird to you lot, but I am fasting today and doing well!  Weird what the time zone does to us eh?

Weighed this morning and saw another new low... looks like I have a new bounce range after all - Sarsar, I am exactly like you... lose 2-3lbs stay there for a while, anything between 3-7 weeks then lose another couple of pounds.  I am just hoping this sticks for Sat morning so I can 'claim a loss'?!

GT - I know nothing about what you are going through, and I have no words that can help!  Just want you to know, that I am thinking of you my lovely friend x

Have a wonderful Turkey day you guys! Love ya and will read the posts later..... :P

@ Coops - it's not rude, I just can't upload any pics because I use a highly restricted gov computer, that's why my profile pic here is the same it's been for over a year and a half.

@ SarSar - I thought I had a hernia and went to be seen for that, after some discussion and questioning, the Dr. wanted me to go to neurology so I did. Had a lengthy examination and interview with the Dr there, and he came up with the preliminary dx. Then went to Germany where they did an MRI and an EIR and the neuro there felt confident in the MS dx.

Today I have received some bad news - my Dr here and the neuro in Germany have consulted and the Germany Dr thinks I might have progressive. This destroys me. I feel like I've been handed a death sentence. I just hope it isn't true. She wants me to go back to the States but I have no place to go, no job, I need this money.

Going to eat Thanksgiving dinner with me team tonight, I will have turkey, but can't really have anything else, including the gravy since everything probably has white flour and white sugar and grain in it.

So it is Thanksgiving, and I am supposed to reflect on all that I am thankful for.

Globe I am so sad that this is happening to you....I am sending healing energy your way........I am very thankful that you have shared your journey with us. I know that you are proactive and with Dr Wahl's eating plan, you will be able to delay MS.She did.....please hang in there...

Globe, i am so sorry for what you are going through. I'm praying that you will be able to find help and direction in the days ahead concerning your health and employment. Like others have said, I would talk to People about disability and perhaps Medicaid if you could qualify to give you some flexibility and allow you options. It must be unbelievably frustrating to feel that you have no options right now. Stay strong. Better days are ahead for you I believe.

Good evening all! I have been eating my way around town, luckily I rode my bike for around 2 hours and actually have calories left to eat if I want to, I think MFP said I should be eating 1900 cals today. Not often that that happens! I made sugar free deserts and cranberry sauce, and other not as bad option foods today. I have had a blast today, and will post pics of the "Appetite Enhancement Ride" tomorrow. What a bunch of cool nuts. Lots of lowbrow and lowrider bikes, vintage, dressup, tattoos, crazy fur hats and mondo local booze and weed. I didn't see one drunk bike crash today, unlike other years, so that was good. The sun was shining, and everyone had to take their jackets off. Some even swam at the river where the ride ends.

We ran into a few friends, and took two neighbor boys with us to introduce them to a towny life tradition. They said they had fun. I am thankful for many things, and you gals are one of them! Cheers, K

Ha! Glad your days going well feed! We just got home from the beach!!! Beautiful day!

I love my little family and I love the beach so it was a win win :) oh and yes there was food involved :P

Shit I even had a piece of pumpkin pie :o

I didn't stuff myself, like too much quantity at once but i ate all damn day... and massive carbs. We spent like 8 hours at my nieces house because thats how we roll .... ha

Hi all,

Thank you for you loving words of support. As for disability, it is quite difficult to get it for MS because of the come-and-go nature of the disease. Medicaid/Medicare/MediCal (California) you have to be destitute, no savings of any kind, no portfolio of any kind.

My job only exists in theater (military speak for warzone), not stateside, and there is no sort of assistance once the job ends. Also my health insurance will end the same month that I outprocess.

Went to Thanksgiving dinner with my team last night, the difac put on an impressive spread, it looked really nice. Everyone else raved about how delicious the food is but honestly, after eating so so clean for two months, all I could taste was salt, which is probably a good thing as it keeps me from gorging. I had a nibble of turkey, dressing,yams, and strawberry shortcake, then packed it up to be leftovers. Eating only one meal today, leftovers, some turkey, pot roast, cranberries, cold mashed potatoes, and dinner roll. I'm not counting my calories yesterday or today, I know that this is not my daily way anymore, I know that I eat incredibly clean, and I'm not even remotely phased by what I saw on the scale this morning because I have 5:2!!

Something else to be thankful for ... in my pre-op days, not only would I have eaten a shocking amount of food, I would have continued to do so for as long as there were leftovers. I would have shovelled and shovelled ... so last night I may have eaten dressing and dinner roll and gravy - but it was about a third cup of dressing - not the entire casserole dish. It was about a half cup of gravy - not the entire boat and making more. It was one small dinner roll, not the entire pan with butter. And I think this goes for all of us, does it not?

I am thankful for the people in my life, which very much includes this group. I don't know where I would be without your support. <3

And OD - every day I hope your pkg arrives!

Happy day after Thankgiving ladies. I am in the mid USA on eastern time I seem to post off times from everyone else. I read and post typically in the early am. Not sure why that was relevant but anyway. I had a marvelous day yesterday. Thanks to my sleeve quantities were small but I enjoyed everything I cOoked and so did the fam. That is the best part of the day to have good times with family and friends. Sar 14 pounds down since u started that's great! 5:2 agrees with u. Todays a new day everyone give away the carb laden and sweet treats made and get back on track. That feast day is done. It is time to share some recipes for left over turkey.

Globe we were posting at the same time. I am so glad u found something to be thankful for. That means your mind is still in a positive place and I believe that helps your body. I am in the states if ther is anything I can help u research about care here please let me know. Don't give up on the disability each case is different and I thought there were special compensations for military folk