Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jane, our families could definitely "roll" together! And good looking boys by the way! 

Globe, it sounds like you had a nice thanksgiving. And some leftovers for today is nice for a change. I know what you mean  by salty... it can stop  me from eating something too... and TGIsleeve! I did some grazing, and was pretty stuffed at one point, but not like the good old days! Stuffed with stuffing!

Brown, nice to have a family get together for sure. My husband usually can't stand my family.. He will often just back out at the last minute from get togethers... but even he said it was nice this time. Anyway, I will eat leftovers for a couple of days, but measure, post to MFP and amend with lots of veggies and extra Protein to tame them into healthy side dishes. Thats the plan anyway. And there is always hubby, to vacuum up the stuff I should not have more of.

@ Brown - Unfortunately I am not actually "in" the military, I am a federal civilian within the Dept of the Army, which means I get none of the perks and all of the screws. I don't see how I can get disability or medicaid, per the reasons I listed previously. I've done research but if anyone knows of something, please let me know.

I ate my leftovers today and promptly passed out - I just woke up and it is 7:30 at night, Thanksgiving dinner is better than sleeping pills!

My sons and I at my niece's house on Turkey day

Looking good! That is exactly the way I dress! Love sweater type dresses and love tights! Boots too!

food coma!! Globe I'm in one now...

I ate stuffing pumpkin pie oh and a little turkey.:P

And washed it all down with wine.

I'm glad everyone had a good thanksgiving :)

I'm fasting today and my stomach is already screaming at me to EAT, EAT EVERYTHING :o

Jane your pic with the boys is awesome!

We went to the beach as always :)

post-167126-0-22079900-1385743706_thumb.jpg

post-167126-0-26429800-1385743749_thumb.jpg

post-167126-0-18683700-1385743782_thumb.jpg

post-167126-0-29569900-1385743812_thumb.jpg

Well, glad all seem to have had good Thanksgiving events or non-events! Ha! It was a weird one for me. Drove in for

Branson, went to Golden Corral for lunch and had about 3 bites dressing, an ounce or so of turkey, couple bites sweet potatoes and that was it. :(. The ONLY thing I sometimes miss is the sheer enjoyment of just good food. Does that make sense? AND my big regret. No leftovers to enjoy another 3 bites later. Ha!

But, and this blows me away- down another pound to 142.2. Even free styling all week. So I guess I'm not eating at much as I thought I was.

LV, that sounds like an awesome day. Brown, glad you had a good day and Kim, I wish I had a video of the ride!!!! LOL.

Sarsar, keep up the good work. Glad you daughter and you are having a good time.

Globe, thinking if you. All my other peeps, Peace!!!!

Great pics LV!  I really can't 'see' where the extra 14lbs will be lost from, you look tiny!

Glad everyone enjoyed their Thanks Giving feasts ... sounds like a lot of turkey curry will be around for a while!

Great pics LV! I really can't 'see' where the extra 14lbs will be lost from, you look tiny! Glad everyone enjoyed their Thanks Giving feasts ... sounds like a lot of turkey curry will be around for a while!

Trust me the thighs themselves can start a fire from the chub rub still going on!! :P

Lol, yep I'm looking up recipes.. It's going to be turkey everything this week..

My husband asked me not to fast today?

But I feel like I need too.. I want stuffing and pumpkin pie bad, and I don't think I could resist if I tried to eat normal..

Man, I WISH I had some leftover turkey! Maybe I'll cook a small one. :)

Man, I WISH I had some leftover turkey! Maybe I'll cook a small one. :)

Girl I wish you lived close, we have a twenty pound turkey... For four people o_0

Great pics LV! I really can't 'see' where the extra 14lbs will be lost from, you look tiny! Glad everyone enjoyed their Thanks Giving feasts ... sounds like a lot of turkey curry will be around for a while!

Trust me the thighs themselves can start a fire from the chub rub still going on!! :P

Lol, yep I'm looking up recipes.. It's going to be turkey everything this week..

My husband asked me not to fast today?

But I feel like I need too.. I want stuffing and pumpkin pie bad, and I don't think I could resist if I tried to eat normal..

I was told by plastics surgeon that my thighs will likely always touch. I think you look completely at goal and look very attractive!

My sons and I at my niece's house on Turkey day

attachicon.gif029.JPG

Jane you have a beautiful family and I love your smile especially! :P

Thanksgiving was a very long day here and I am so glad that it's over.... My son is a master chef when it comes to cooking and he made a delicous ham, turkey, stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes, and I was only able to eat a couple bites of everything. It was all delishious and i ended up having such a stuffed feeling.  I will have to do a fast on sunday because I think my stomach is able to contain more..... LOL..... My son told me he was going to take the left over stuffing for a pot luck at work, and my DH flipped out. LOL....he doesn't need it, it completely blew his eating out of town......So both of us our taking it easy.  I so missed eating a big meal and hated to stop eating after just a few bites... :P

GT i know a lot of people here in the states that have gotten disability without ever working....there must be a way.......don't give up........Perhaps you an retain an attorney to help you fight for it.......just a thought... :P

So, I know this is hard to understand how freaking depressing this is to me. It is Friday 1130 am and other then cleaning the kitchen, I have barely stirred. Yesterday I made mashed potatoes, candied yams and pumpkin bread in the morning... went to my nieces for a lovely but long day of socializing and eating.

Today, my legs are so sore. I have lost so much fitness that I am physically exhausted - I feel like I ran a marathon and all I did was stand around a bunch. It may not be rational, but it makes me feel sad to physically be such a weakling. I feel like I have been going through this amazing transformation toward fitness and right now I feel like it is all lost.

I KNOW it is temporary and now that I am cleared for exercise I can start rebuilding my strength. I know this was all self inflicted so it is really just a pity party, but right now I feel sad that I am just not my former strength and endurance. I was the woman who had the go go when everybody else was tired.

I remember going through a similar feeling - and I know this is a crazy sounding comparison - when I first bought my house with acreage so i could have my horse at home. It took a little while to get the property horse ready so the first nearly year i owned it, I had the disadvantages and none of the advantages. It was my son who wisely pointed out that I would feel better about it once my "dream" was all put in place. He was right, i love my little teeny farmette now. I think with plastics, I am so pleased with the results, but it is almost like "who cares". I don't look THAT different in clothes (at least in my eyes), I have suffereed alot (more emotionally than physically), I have lost fitness and strength and really... other then not having to look at a weird wiggly belly and huge fat balls on my inner thighs - I have had no real benefits yet. Some days I have a hard time remembering why I even thought I needed to do this.

Anyway, I am also contemplating that I am a bit conflicted about my relationship status, and really wanting something and yet feeling a little fearful of actually finding it. I think at my age, there is a little bit of emotional baggage and i just have this fear of falling for someone for real. Anyway, I have decided to sign up for the next speed dating thing - if nothing else as a practice run. Hey, I have an outfit at least!

And then my stupid cell finally really died. The final death. And so I am basically cut off from everyone ...LOL. I have a little posse of friends that we text and talk alot and now that is silent for a few days. In some ways nice, in some ways it feels lonely.

I am not as crazy as i sound, sometimes I just really need to vent. I had fun yesterday showing off my arm scars to my family. All is forgiven for me not telling them about going to Mexico - I really have a wonderful family - extended, not just my kiddos - so I am truly blessed.

I have been through much worse then this, and I know many others have things much tougher so my negative emotions are frankly out of proportion to my situation.... but it is how I feel right this minute.

Jane. Sometimes as fun as a holiday is the "day after" effect can come in a form of a little depression. It sounds like you are feeling those effects right now... I'm sure that when you are up and truly mobile again you will be surprised how fast your strength will come back.

Just by watching and talking to butter behind the scenes after his Tummy Tuck I know it was really difficult for him to be down and he had some sad moments. Bit watching that guy get right back to his active ways now that he released?

I know you will be the same!

And I'm sorry but.... seeing you in those jeggings alone, I would say everything you had done is worth it!!!

CGJ, I think you just have the "after" effects working right now. I don't know about y'all, but the anticipation of something and the accomplishing it carries me through and THEN I usually hit a "low" for a while.

I agree with Laura, once you are back to a normal routine you will find that you haven't lost much, if any, strength. It's just timing. You have done well and will continue to accomplish what you set out to do.