Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

M2G, have you ever looked up the calories burned running errands? It's more than you think, don't beat yourself up.

I made paleo muffins today, pumpkin spice using coconut flour! Pumpkin puree (made mine from scratch) Coconut flour ( wow you really only need the teeniest bit), eggs, honey, salt, baking soda and the spices, that's it! I jazzed them up with a bit of shaved dark chocolate and if you really wanted to go all the way there is a frosting (greek yogurt whipped with maple syrup). All in all, it is a low glycemic, non-inflammatory, high Fiber, good Protein snack that I can feel good about. Also, they are so packed with real whole foods that they are incredibly filling and satisfying and keep away the "need" to mindlessly gorge. thumbs up! I got the recipe from Comfybelly, in case anyone is curious, it is a site dedicated to eating without grains, particularly wheat.

Sounds yummy! I made a cake yesterday with half einkorn and half besan flour. Low Gluten, good Protein, with prunes and almond slivers, a little molasses, and as a surprise studded with a few drk chocolate covered ginger pieces. Yummy for sure!

Kelly that is just awful that you feel like your mom wishes you were never born. We are shaped by our parents, so I am sure that really hurt you,

I had a lot of fun at the dance. I danced with some really good dancers and I did pretty well for not remembering very much. It's so much easier to follow if you have a good lead.

We've been having some usually hot weather and it's really been nice.

Went to the mountains this weekend, and gained 2 1/2 pounds. My weight is as high as its been for a year.  :( Fasting today, hope its mostly water.....

Kim I am sure it's Water weight.

I had a pretty good weekend over all. 146.2 so down a smidge. I am wondering if I can cautiously try 5:2. Yesterday I had a short hint of those bad feelings and I think I know what triggered it.... I am fine now but really feel cautious...

I'm having a hard time with the fasting portion of 5:2. when I did it last time, I was not dating as much.

Isn't there a version of it where you only eat between certain hours but no fast days? I'm having lower calorie mon and thurs but I can't really call any of them but one a real fast day.

I am maintaining at 141 and I would love to maintain at 135. I did a lot of crap this weekend.

Denise do you know how badly I would LOVE to be 141?? :( I would love to be 150... :(

However, I'm not trying to be blue today, I just had lunch and it was pretty good, it was vegan mac n cheese! I made the "cheese sauce" from almond milk, nutritional yeast, pumpkin puree, and spices. The noodles are blanched zucchini "noodles". The pumpkin puree is homemade from roasted pumpkin which is just solid nutrition and fiber and all good things, really my only calories are coming from the almond milk and the pumpkin yet I am so full and it is so yummy!!

ya know, I was thrilled, estatic and felt HAWT at 158, but now that I have been at 140, i feel fat at 145. The brain is stupid sometimes.

Florinda i have seen your pix, you are cute and sexy just how you are! Love thyself and embrace your self right now. If I could write a letter to myself at your age, that is exactly what i would say. {{hugs}}

We are shaped by our parents, but we can get past that...that is my dream. My dad was a f*ing nightmare, but I genuinely believe he tried very hard to be better than HIS parents. i strive to be better than mine... or at least make different mistakes. :)

I recognize that much of the "angst" in my life was passed on from my dear and very beloved mama. I hope i didn't share the same affliction with my sons. as young adults, I have tried to tell them that sometimes when I am overly intense, it is a manifestation of my anxiety... and I am sorry... I can't always manage it perfectly. :( I feel like if I can name it, it takes some power away and helps them roll with it a bit more.

My oldest moved back home and we are going through a period of adjustment... I will write more about this later..,

This is so selfish, but they are both planning to move to Portland..yeah for them.. this is the time of life to do that. I have one regret in life and that is that I didn't use my 20s to live life a bit, and I want them to do this!... but sad for me. OMG... what am i going to do when I am truly alone?

Oh, I love myself, I know I am sexy, but as a dancer I am just irritated as all get out by this damn junk on my body - tango shoes are merciless and it is an act of brutality to wear them for more than one set if you weigh more than 140 lbs.

I am disappointingly sexy... I wish I had a better way of expressing how this feels... My giant luscious a$$, men want it so much and they don't give two sh!ts about the person it is attached to. They grab at it, even when they are told not to, they slip their hands down my pants to pet it because they just "had to", they bend right down and bite into it! I have actually come to the point where, if I want to get rid of a guy, I just let him squeeze my ass, it's practically a guarantee that they will never call me again, once they have got what they wanted v_v...

made some healthified "Mounds" bars - shredded raw coconut, raw unfiltered honey, coconut oil, salt, Water. Form little balls place on parchment, freeze for 15 min. Raw cacao with coconut sugar, whisked until melted, dip the coconut balls into it, then refreeze. HOLY CRAP GUYS, SO EFFING DELICIOUS!!!! More delicious than the commercial thing! And once again, because of the whole foods used, way more satisfying and filling and guilt-free!!

Florinda, I had about a 90 minute phone call with a lady that I consider an "aquaintance" through the meetup group I go out with. I essentially opened up my soul to her... like, i get ALOT of positive feedback about my looks but don't get the RIGHT attention... and why?

So, I immediately assume that i have a bad personality. she told me that no... people LOVE me at social events. They ask about me when I don't show up. I am social, sweet, friendly and even other women like me. :)

What she shared was that I have a certain "look". For me, it is my hair... I have rock and roll hair. It gets pulled, my ass gets grabbed... my boobs get oogled... but then i don't really get asked out as much as you might think because I don't appreciate or tolerate being treated that way. She compared it to the lady in the meetup who is heavily tatooed... men make completely incorrect assumptions about her as well.

Her suggestion was to soften my look. Less body conscious clothes, more flowy feminine clothing. My hair is something that men are really into, but, what my aquaintance shared is that I often have a very "hard" look. About a year ago I went to Nashville on a biz trip with a chinese lady. We spent some time talking about appearances and she shared with me that my Asian standards, I am "exotic" looking... and it is true that I get an odd amount of attention from Asian men... again, I think it is the hair. Anyway, I intend to conduct an experiment and am going to wear a dress with a very high neckline and wear my hear up at the next meetup!

I shared in the ladies room a recent story about a pretty interesting guy... expressing interest in me.... and by my standards, I looked like hell at the time. I think that it is really important to think about the "look" you are projecting.

CGJ - Although I know right down the tips of my toes that you mean well and are expressing positivity, this sort of thinking is still very much in the "blame the victim" mentality. Men grab my ass? Well, cover up in loose clothing! It is "your fault" that men are grabbing your ass, that men tug at your rock n roll hair ... see where I'm going with this?

Men treat me like a mistress, not a girlfriend, and (dis)respect me accordingly. Regardless of what I wear.

I am only 5'2" . I have no idea the height of anyone else, but for me, 5'2" 135 would be way better. I have no hopes of staying there though.

Sheryl, just for fun, have you ever thought about using Keritan on your hair? My daughter has these treatments that last 3 months. You could have straight hair for 3 months, if you wanted to.

Florinda, if you can Tango, you're a goddess! I wouldn't even attempt it anymore. The other dances are so much fun and take way less concentration.

I had so much fun at dance class today. I was very excited to see my old dance teacher at the dance last Friday. I thought he moved to Eugene. He's back for awhile, and I am going to take some more private lessons. I love dancing so much! It's the one thing that makes me so happy while I am doing it.

I weighed yesterday and was the same as last week, not disappointed-almost relieved as we had a very busy week food and drink wise. We have decided no alcohol in the house for the next few weeks as we try to get ourselves 'dried' out before we go on holiday at the end of the month.

I had a fast day yesterday and came in just under 600, not perfect but OK.

Florinda your recipes sound amazing, do they taste as good as they sound as I know you have to make lots of substitutions?

I'm only 5' 3" and there is no way I could get down into the 130s I would look ill, we are all so different. I am quite curvy and even as I have gone down I have retained the proportions. I'm aiming to get into the 150s and then review it. I'm still a long way off.

I don't want straight hair I love my hair. I apparently am a terrible communicator because I in no way meant I want to change my hair it is one of my best features.. I simply recognize it contributes to a certain look. I in no way blame the victim and it completely pissed me off when some ass grabbed me by the hair and bent me over. That was uncalled for and was just stupid.

So Florinda you have a belief system that men "just treat you like this". So why you? My only point is we make decisions about the image we project... and we should all go for it..just be aware of how it is seen and digested by others. It is behavior, conversation, appearance, everything.