Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my, Sar! You look AWESOME! I know you just want to look over and over to see if it's real!!!!! Wow!

So you have to wear compression garments?

Edited by Georgia

Oh my, Sar! You look AWESOME! I know you just want to look over and over to see if it's real!!!!! Wow! So you have to wear compression garments?

Thanks Georgia! I have a binder I wear that goes around my stomach, hips and butt. It actually feels good to wear it bc it feels like it holds everything together. I don't find it too uncomfortable. When the binder is off i keep looking at myself thinking is this really me??! It's crazy to not have my stomach in my lap anymore when I'm sitting down!

Honestly the biggest difference to me is my outer hips and butt. This is where most of my extra skin and fat were. It's amazing to touch myself and not have anymore stuff there. It's like I went to sleep with all this skin and some fat there and woke up and it was gone! It's really an amazing feeling. Like I said before I'll post pics of those areas soon.

Sar glad your doing well. Selfish? No way! I am so glad u and others made the decision to do something for yourself. We deserve it! Cyber hughs to everyone!

Thanks Wanda! We do deserve it, I know that deep down. It's just so easy to get stuck in the rut of always doing and giving. I know you understand just what I'm taking about!

Sarah, I am SO Happy for you!! Have you had that moment when you cry in disbelief how much you are transformed? You look wonderful, as I knew you would. Keep updating us.

Ok, I have to ask, do you guys read posts by swimbikerun? She has a link in her signature...wow. As best I can gather she is starving due to the sleeve but nobody believes her because she is normal BMI. She mentions evidence of starvation as being able to see upper chest bones. I am 23-24 BMI and you can see my upper chest bones, ribs front and back etc. which you would expect. I thought had things to learn from her but her story doesn't add up.

Sarah, I am SO Happy for you!! Have you had that moment when you cry in disbelief how much you are transformed? You look wonderful, as I knew you would. Keep updating us. Ok, I have to ask, do you guys read posts by swimbikerun? She has a link in her signature...wow. As best I can gather she is starving due to the sleeve but nobody believes her because she is normal BMI. She mentions evidence of starvation as being able to see upper chest bones. I am 23-24 BMI and you can see my upper chest bones, ribs front and back etc. which you would expect. I thought had things to learn from her but her story doesn't add up.

Thanks! Yes I have cried more than once. Tears of joy and awe! The transformation of removing the skin is remarkable and it's emotional! It's very hard to explain unless you go through it. Kind of like having a baby, you have to experience it really get the full grasp of what it's like.

My 3 sisters, my mom and daughter keep stopping over and wanting to look under the binder. Well, not my daughter, she lives in KY but I'm sending her pics. I have never been naked in front of so many people while we stand there and look at the changes! It's pretty funny when I think about it! Lol I'm sure when my husband comes home today he'll want a peak too!

Swimbikerun...I have many thoughts about her. Her posts for me at first were interesting to read but now they are almost too much. I've had time to catch up on some reading on the boards this week and I've started to kind of skim past her posts/comments. To me she acts like she knows everything and it's irritating after a while. It's as though she's looking for things to be wrong with her. Sometimes too much research is a bad thing and that's what I get from her. She seems very smart but maybe too smart for her own good. I feel like saying to her, "Woman, step away from the computer, go outside and take a breath of fresh air and enjoy your life!" I may be exaggerating a little but you get the point I'm sure.

Sheryl, I find your insight into life refreshing and I enjoy reading your thoughts and I take many of them to heart. Hers, not so much.

Haha...maybe I've had a little too much time on my hands lately!????

I forgot to comment on the starving bc you can see bones....nope. I am very small up on top. You can see all my bones up there. Especially around my shoulders/neck area it kind of sinks in. I wish it didn't but it's just the way my body is. I can assure you I'm not starving. I'm pear shaped so most of my weight was in the bottom half. I wouldn't be surprised if my hip bones might stick out a little after the swelling goes down but I'm am not starving. Seeing bones does not equal starvation.

I am not small on top but it is normal to see bones. Look at trim women and depending on body type it is often visible.

I originally thought I could learn from her but I no longer even understand her.

post-122684-0-48929300-1405175852_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46301[/ATTACH]

post-122684-0-19795000-1405175862_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46302[/ATTACH]

Sarah, I am SO Happy for you!! Have you had that moment when you cry in disbelief how much you are transformed? You look wonderful, as I knew you would. Keep updating us. Ok, I have to ask, do you guys read posts by swimbikerun? She has a link in her signature...wow. As best I can gather she is starving due to the sleeve but nobody believes her because she is normal BMI. She mentions evidence of starvation as being able to see upper chest bones. I am 23-24 BMI and you can see my upper chest bones, ribs front and back etc. which you would expect. I thought had things to learn from her but her story doesn't add up.

I finally just started ignoring her posts. I do believe she is knowledgable but gets too pushy for me. ;). I have bones for the first time and LOVE THEM, lol

The issue of someone like swimbikerun is truly interesting to me; I believe it points to our underlying insecurities and our almost universal need to seek therapy, when the one thing that has been your focus, your shame, your hope, your everything goes away, what do you do then? I'm not the youngest on these boards but I am on the lower end of the bell curve, so there are a lot of people here (bariatric pal) who have spent 20, 30, 40 years morbidly obese and now "suddenly" aren't, some people handle it better than others and some people are affected by it differently than others. Sounds like she doesn't know what to do with her intensity!

The issue of someone like swimbikerun is truly interesting to me; I believe it points to our underlying insecurities and our almost universal need to seek therapy, when the one thing that has been your focus, your shame, your hope, your everything goes away, what do you do then? I'm not the youngest on these boards but I am on the lower end of the bell curve, so there are a lot of people here (bariatric pal) who have spent 20, 30, 40 years morbidly obese and now "suddenly" aren't, some people handle it better than others and some people are affected by it differently than others. Sounds like she doesn't know what to do with her intensity!

Wow, you hit the nail on the head with that description!

I finally just started ignoring her posts. I do believe she is knowledgable but gets too pushy for me. ;). I have bones for the first time and LOVE THEM, lol

Bones are the best! ????

Just wanted to share my excitement with you all. I just took off my binder and showed my husband what I look like. He was really excited (and maybe a little grossed out by the incision). All he could saw was wow! That made me happy!

Hiya ladies... sorry I haven't posted in a while... have popped on to have a read though,

Felt a little down over the last month ... just passed my 4th year anniversary and I still can't reach that goal weight that I dream of... top of my bounce range again! still doing 5:2 but my body seems to have adjusted to it and I am not seeing any movement on the scales. I have gone back to the gym, but not as often as I should... just struggling with my energy and motivation levels. I honestly thought that by now I would be 'lighter' but hey ho!

Sarah, I am loving your results so far... looking great and I am excited for you... the results will just keep getting better.

I am 16 mth post op tt now and I still have a weird feeling around my scar. The 'lip' is still there and I defo need a revision, but I can't afford it at the moment,.. one day perhaps. I think I probably should have lost more weight first as my surgeon said the lip was due to the skin dropping again (he won't do a free revision as it isn't not due to a 'surgical error') No regrets though, it has made such a huge difference; not only to my body shape, but to my mental state too - I just feel better without the huge apron that I had. If you want I will post pics on this page... I was looking back over them the other day and the difference, albeit not perfect, is incredible!

Hope everyone is ok... sorry I haven't replied individually but I don't want to miss anyone out! Much love!

Coops, so glad to hear from you, sorry you have been feeling down hope things are picking up now. I know what you mean about standing still on the weight front, since moving into the house I have not lost anything and have in fact put on 4lb which refuse to go. Though in my case I know it is my fault, the carbs have crept back and I feel like I'm on holiday in this house and have been eating/drinking accordingly. I love the house but things are unsettled because workmen are in and out all the time at the moment. This week there is no one coming, Yay! but from next week we will have at least 5 weeks of upheaval as the bathrooms and kitchen is done. I know it is all going to be fab when it is finished, but the upheaval. I suppose Im using the 'work' as an excuse and I really must get my head around this or by the time it is all finished I will be higher again.

Love to all

Hi ladies. Oh. Coops, Georgia and Cathy (and anyone else in this boat). I am there with u. Still struggling to keep the scale moving down. I know what I should it. I know I need more exercise. I know I need to leave the carbs alone! Picture me hitting my self in the head. Why oh why do I not have the will power to do it. It was so easy during the initial stage and even year two. This is the first time I have gained and gone 2lbs over my weight

Personally I am in the mod I was prior to the surgery. Trying to diet and nothing works so I eat what ever. Then try to diet again. I know we should be out of the diet mode and eating should be a life style. I agree with that. If I can just get the brain to stay in that mode I could be sucessful. Apparently lifestyle eating for me is good for maintnance but not good for losing

Has anyone tried an over the counter appetite surpressant that's helped?

My nemisis is carbs!! Good news only 2lbs over (I still weigh daily). Good news I will not give up! Good news I know I am not alone and have support! Good news I know I can do it!

Cyber hugs