Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So sad to hear about Dr. Aceves passing away. He did my surgery over 3 years ago and helped me become me again!

I have not been digging deep enough in this site lately, I'm sure I am missing a lot!

Sheryl, great collage! Always drives the transformation home. 

Mom is doing better, but her short term memory is pretty shot. It wasn't that great before surgery. every time she takes a nap, then wakes up, we need to tell her she is in the hospital and she has had surgery, and the details of hospital life ( how to poo, what the IVs are, why she has a tube in her nose and such) It is sad. I must say she does smile now and then, and that is precious. Its pretty much my nephew and I spending nights with her, and that can't go on forever. He has been great, he has 4 little kids, and is going to school, but has really come through for my mom and dad. (and I!) We are daily evaluating how we can best take care of mom and dad and still stay healthy and take care of our families as well. Sad fact- We can not do it all. 

I have not been digging deep enough in this site lately, I'm sure I am missing a lot! Sheryl, great collage! Always drives the transformation home. Mom is doing better, but her short term memory is pretty shot. It wasn't that great before surgery. every time she takes a nap, then wakes up, we need to tell her she is in the hospital and she has had surgery, and the details of hospital life ( how to poo, what the IVs are, why she has a tube in her nose and such) It is sad. I must say she does smile now and then, and that is precious. Its pretty much my nephew and I spending nights with her, and that can't go on forever. He has been great, he has 4 little kids, and is going to school, but has really come through for my mom and dad. (and I!) We are daily evaluating how we can best take care of mom and dad and still stay healthy and take care of our families as well. Sad fact- We can not do it all.

I understand! I was just telling my husband the other day that we need to set boundaries and figure out what it is that we can do for our family to be taken care of. It's just too much.

I have not been digging deep enough in this site lately, I'm sure I am missing a lot! Sheryl, great collage! Always drives the transformation home. Mom is doing better, but her short term memory is pretty shot. It wasn't that great before surgery. every time she takes a nap, then wakes up, we need to tell her she is in the hospital and she has had surgery, and the details of hospital life ( how to poo, what the IVs are, why she has a tube in her nose and such) It is sad. I must say she does smile now and then, and that is precious. Its pretty much my nephew and I spending nights with her, and that can't go on forever. He has been great, he has 4 little kids, and is going to school, but has really come through for my mom and dad. (and I!) We are daily evaluating how we can best take care of mom and dad and still stay healthy and take care of our families as well. Sad fact- We can not do it all.

I understand! I was just telling my husband the other day that we need to set boundaries and figure out what it is that we can do for our family to be taken care of. It's just too much.

I want to do it all ..thats the impulse anyway... but my husband has reminded me that he needs me too( :P ) and I have seen first hand how caregivers can get sick, and just give out when there is no one else to carry some of the load, or they just cant let it go a little. I don't want to get there, my dad and other family members need support as well... boundaries are good. I have talked to my dad about this already, and he is right there with me. They have had excellent lives, and have been able to experience so much happiness, I get a lot of satisfaction knowing this, even though now is difficult for them.

Hey Sarah, where did you see the post on Dr A's death? I couldn't find it.

Thank you guys. One day at a time. She is much better than she was. Still in ICU, but out of there soon at this rate. I'm there all night again tonight, I will catch up then.

Just having time to "catch up" on all the happenins in 5:2.  Kim, so sorry to hear about your Mom but glad to hear she is physically doing better.  The other part, that is very hard to deal with emotionally.  We went through it with my husband's Mom.  The loss of your MOM as you have always known her was very difficult for me to deal with as my Mother grew feeble and weak.  Thankful you are there for her and she has a great daughter like you.  My former Pastor's Mom developed Alzheimers and suffered for years.  When she passed away, he used a Scripture that really brought it home for me.  He was reminded of The Scripture that says "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."  I had never thought of this OTHER than death, but she had been "absent" for a long time other than just a shell.  That thought is very comforting to me that they are in a "safe, comforting place" even though not with us mentally anymore.  I know your Mom is just beginning that journey but I hope that comforts you too. 

Just trying to catch up - apologies if I miss anyone or anything!

Sorry to hear about the elderly parents... it is so sad to see those you love get weaker. Cwtches to you both!

Good luck on the surgery Sar! I am excited for you... I loved seeing Sheryl's before and afters... I will have to find mine and I will share here... but not on the main forum. Anything I can help with, just shout! Organisation is the key in the early weeks and it sounds like you've got that sorted.

Florinda, I'm glad you had a told your mam - and I'm chuffed to Beans things are working out with your new fella! Hopefully things will continue to pick up for you.

Georgia, I too am still 5:2ing - no results to speak of but eating healthy which is a bonus.

Sheila, love the update - and the pets... nothing is ever quiet in your house...lol! I bet the pup ain't so small now. Have the girls finished for summer? Don't you guys finish school earlier than us?

Denise, I hope Bill is getting better...

Brown - I love the play... sounds sooo exciting! Are you having any success with the 5:2 these days?

Cathy, I've never heard of that lighting system, sounds interesting though... I love decorating! The sense of achievement at the end of it is just fab.

How's Chimera and Dee - well I hope.

Sheryl, sounds like you are in a much better head space just lately... defo good to see you out of the blues!

Good to see this thread thriving... sorry I haven't been around much. In a bit of a 'sad' place - nothing major just lots of little things and little worries that together make me tired. Just. So. Tired!

I will update more soon, promise...

hugs across the pond! (and around the corner...lol)

Plastics question...is it hard to get up and down from the toilet? I will have my period a few days after surgery and I'm not looking forward to this. Would it be a good idea to purchase a riser for the toilet seat? Again I'm having a LBL, butt lift and Tummy Tuck.< /p>

Isn't that all lower body lift or is the butt lift something else? I had no trouble using the toilet starting day after surgery.

Isn't that all lower body lift or is the butt lift something else? I had no trouble using the toilet starting day after surgery.

Seems it's different with different surgeons. He is doing extra work on my butt with Lipo to loosen the fat and really be able lift it since this is where most of my extra skin is on my body. I'm not sure of a better way to explain what he said.

It's interesting bc one surgeon I met with told me that I needed a long incision to remove the skin above my current belly button. My surgeon is making the incision low by my pubic bone and lifting up and then pulling down from the top to smooth everything out. All of his Tummy Tuck pictures look awesome. I don't know why surgeons call things by different names.

The long vertical TT incision is called anchor cut or goes by other names. Gives a nice result with a big scar for women with lots of skin above belly button. I didn't get that.

Usually what I heard is lower body lift is a combo of procedures which includes a Tummy Tuck and some version of a butt lift. I did not need liposuction and I heard that is a bit more to recover from. Bottom line I still think you are looking at 4 to 6 weeks recovery. What did your surgeon say?

You are so thin and fit you will have amazing results. Dr Sauceda works on alot of women that are still overweight but gets great results with them too.. In some ways more dramatic.

Has not been a great week. My horse is lame and my mind is distracted and not myself. I have some stressful personal conversations coming up and I am sure that contributes. Would love to read some distractions about your lives!

The long vertical TT incision is called anchor cut or goes by other names. Gives a nice result with a big scar for women with lots of skin above belly button. I didn't get that. Usually what I heard is lower body lift is a combo of procedures which includes a Tummy Tuck and some version of a butt lift. I did not need liposuction and I heard that is a bit more to recover from. Bottom line I still think you are looking at 4 to 6 weeks recovery. What did your surgeon say? You are so thin and fit you will have amazing results. Dr Sauceda works on alot of women that are still overweight but gets great results with them too.. In some ways more dramatic.

Yes a six week recovery is what I was also told. I was also told when patients have liposuction it is more painful recovery. I was already aware of that from reading what others have said. He also said WLS patients are at a higher risk of infections and I knew that already, too.

I like that he automatically includes Lipo if it's needed. Other surgeons I met with didn't do that unless asked and then charged more.

I will post before and after pics in my underwear, for all of you to see bc I'm not comfortable posting them on the main group. It's not a pretty sight without shape wear! Being pear shaped along with being overweight caused a lot of hanging skin back there even with all of the working out that I do.

I bought my first pair of underwear yesterday. I haven't bought any underwear since I had surgery. I wear shape wear as my underwear. I can't wait to wear cute underwear! I can't wait to not have my skin in the way while working out!

I'm getting excited.

Getting ready for the big move to Seattle.

Movers coming Saturday, and I'm driving to Portland Saturday, where I will meet up with my boyfriend who will drive us the rest of the way to Seattle.

My sick leave runs out on the 6th, they expect me to report back to work, I don't know what to do.

I have to fill out harassment suit paperwork, don't know where to start.

I've been depressed for a few days, since watching a documentary on PBS made by a man with MS, it was really really depressing.

I'm not hungry, just wanting to nibble crackers.

I feel so fat and I don't feel beautiful, I have raccoon circles under my eyes, my skin is broken out like a teenager's, and I have zero sex drive. zero.

I just want to crawl under the covers, in a darkened room, and marathon watch seasons of comforting old shows like The Golden Girls or Frazier.

One month ago I stopped remembering my dreams, for the first time in my life.

I feel ugly and scared.

Florinda, will your boyfriend be with you in Seattle? I have noticed that he makes you very happy and brings out positive vibes in you and makes you feel beautiful. Look forward to Saturday as it is a new adventure and I hope and pray it turns out to be everything that you want and need. XX

Thinking of you Florinda. Hugs

Okay as someone who has recently struggled with mood stuff, I am wondering what is at the root. Is it how you feel about yourself (the feeling fat)or is it the MS ?

I had a less than perfect week and jokingly told my ex, "well, at least I look good doing it" He got the joke which is that being fit,normal weight and healthy has been a life-long dream,struggle,....obsession even. Now that I got it, wonderful - but crap still flows my general direction and overwhelms me at times. Lately, all the time. Steven would get so frustrated because in his eyes the world is my oyster so quit complaining..Haha..I actually think that way too but it doesn't change my struggles.

My son asked me the checklist of basically good mental health hygiene. "Mom, are you exercising,eating often to keep blood sugar steady, are you doing meditation (he means like positive self talk)?" SURPRISE!Nope. No wonder I sometimes feel awful..it's like I lost the recipe to my daily life that used to work.

So my gut feeling,without ever having met you is that getting emotional support on the MS topic has to be part of the solution. I am talking a positive support group, a counselor, a mentor, some way to help you live peacefully with that reality.

My vet was out yesterday doctoring my lame horse. He gave me a big hug...he said "your animals look great, you look great, screw Martha Stewart...your place is fine and you can get caught up Again". That hug and someone I respect telling me I am not a total loser helped alot. Life is harder than they advertise it being...