Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sarah!!! Aren't you too excited for words?? You were so lean and fit going in I imagine your results are stunning. I remember when I took my garments off for my first shower my friend cried with joy...tears rolling down her face. I visualize some kind of wow moment for you too. Photos!

Yes I'm very excited! I can tell a difference already and I haven't taken off my garment to shower yet so I haven't seen my tummy yet. I'm scared to take a shower and wish I could hire a nurse for an hour just to help me with that. My husband will do it but I have to tell him every little thing to do and it's exhausting!

I will take pics when I get up the nerve to do it. Probably next Wednesday. I have to go for a follow up and have all my dressings removed. I'll ask them to take some pics for me.

The drains gross me out and I honestly didn't think they would bother me at all but they do. I have four of them and I can't stand the feeling if them inside of me moving around. It's just a weird uncomfortable feeling. My surgeon said he's conservative with the drains meaning he will keep them in longer than most to be in the safe side. Lucky me! I'll deal with it. I can put up with anything for a few weeks to enjoy the lifetime of benefits from the surgery!

Sar Glad your doing well. Take care of yourself and not everyone else. This is your time to heal. So happy for u!

Thanks Wanda! It's a really strange feeling not being able to take care of everyone else. That's my job and it's hard not to be able to do anything but physically I can't do much. Getting up to go to the bathroom and walk for a bit completely wears me out. My husband and boys are being a big help with anything I need so I'm thankful for that. I also got everything prepared before surgery so I wouldn't need to ask for a lot.

Sarah, I don't remember, did you have anything upper body done?

Hi Florinda, any updates on your belongings?

I just had lower body done. I am so thankful I did it that way because I can't imagine not being able to use my upper body to help move myself!

I'm not having my boobs done. I don't have any but I honestly don't care, it has never been a concern of mine. My arms aren't terrible so I don't know if I'll ever get them done. Maybe one day I will. My main concern was my tummy and excess skin on my lower parts. I have always been pear shaped so that's where I held most of my weight.

Kim, I absolutely love the picture of you with your new car! So happy for you.

Sarah it's rugged and the lower body is definitely the big kahuna. Rest alot, drink alot and consume alot of Protein.

I had 7 drains...traveled home from mexico with 3. They didn't gross me as much as I expected but I came to loathe them over time. I had a lanyard around the neck to hang them on during showers btw.

All docs have different protocol but Dr Sauceda had us shower the day after surgery. Of course with nursing care...they would re bandage and re stuff me in the garment. But that meant my first pic was like 24 hours post op.

Anyway excited to hear your updates. Plastic surgery is an ass kicker but so worth it.

Edited by CowgirlJane

Sarah! How exciting! I love living this through you... You sound so positive, and I'm sure you are going to look fantastic. I have a melted look, but I held my weight all over, so everything looks a little melted. My back is horrible. Im not even sure how that can be fixed. With cloths I look fine though.. so that is a blessing.

Dead on my feet, but went kayaking yesterday, and it was just so beautiful out! Perfect weather. Saw a one eyed hawk... can you imagine trying to hunt with one eye? He is still alive, so has figured out how to do it I guess. Also saw some somewhat rare birds... its funny, Craig (the hubby) goes out with me on some of these trips, and he often says "not many birds today" when really there are a ton. He just does not see them, or acknowledge their presence. I threw in the pic of the cayote and the deer from a couple of weeks ago. This is for your distraction Sheryl!

Where is this? It's gorgeous and your shots are awesome!!!

Had a super fun long weekend. .. how about you???

Anyone ever tried Lydia's Raw? Organic raw, sprouted foods, today I put some raw sprouted no-grain gluten free Cereal on top of some greek yogurt for Breakfast, yummmm. lunch was some cherries, a half a turkey sandwich, and dinner was more cherries, some blackberries, a torn off hunk of baguette, a chunk of cheese, and a smear of raw salted butter. A yummy day but as I write it I realize that it was low on Protein and high in carb, hmm... well, I'm going swing dancing tonight downtown so hopefully I will burn up some of those carbs! :P

I had a lovely weekend, met up with some old friends we have not seen in a while and had fun catching up. They live in a place called Knaresborough and this weekend the Tour De France (big bike race) started in their area and 1000s of people were out enjoying the whole experience. The planning of this race had obviously taken many months (if not years) and the whole town joined in, houses and shops were decorated, food stalls out in the town centre, cars temporarily banned. I sat in the castle grounds (yes and the picture you get in your mind is real (castle is mainly ruins)) and watched the Grand Depart on the big screen with thousands of others and the atmosphere was electric. That was Saturday and Grand Depart was in neighbouring town and yesterday the race came through the actual town as part of the route so of course we all had to go out again and cheer and party.

work in 30 mins but I would rather rest at home but that is not going to happen.

Sounds like fun Cathy! What did you do Sheryl?

Where is this? It's gorgeous and your shots are awesome!!!

The American River runs from the Sierra Mountains, through the northern part of downtown Sacramento, and joins the Sacramento river which makes its way to the Pacific. and on its way, a mile South of my place... We kayak on different parts of the American and other local waterways... within 15 miles or so from here. The Coyotes were spotted about 12 miles from here in a wetland preserve west of town. They do live much closer though... we are lucky to have a city with quite a bit of wild lands close by.

if anyone is interested, I post more of my pics on my Facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/kim.scott.90

Edited by feedyoureye

Hi! Things here are going just fine. Every day I feel a little better and can move around a little more. I wouldn't say I have much pain it's more just being uncomfortable more than anything. I have bruising that is a bit painful from the Lipo but that is also getting better. My abs are super tight and I feel that mostly at the top of my abs rather than my lower abs, for now anyway. I was told to hunch over for a week while slowly moving up a little each day. Today I was standing almost straight but I tire easily. It hurts to laugh and cough. Thankfully I haven't had to sneeze yet.

I feel partially numb especially on my front and sides. It's really a strange feeling. I understand this is from all of my nerves being cut and also the from the lipo on my outer thighs and butt. I'll ask more about this when I have my appointment on Wednesday. Sheryl and Sue, did you feel this numbness? How long did it last if you did?

I could post over in the plastics area but I just haven't yet. I've been reading over there and, Sheryl, that one lady that had her surgery in Mexico with a different dr than you, is driving me crazy. I don't know why but she's bugging me. It's like she's taking over the plastics board. I understand she's passionate about her plastics but wow it's a little much.

I don't have an appetite yet so I am forcing myself to eat and drink. It's kind of a chore right now sort of like after sleeve surgery. I keep drinking and getting in my Protein bc I need it to heal.

Recovery is tough for me. It's hard to not be doing much. I know in the long run it's all worth it so I keep telling myself this all day long!

Sar glad each day is better than the day before. Are u reading a good book? What are u doing to occupy your time? Do u still think you'll be okay when the fam leaves? Sending cyber hugs! That's probably all u could take right now anyway. Stay strong

I lived on Premier Protein but I was starving!

I still have some mild belly numbness but feeling returned fully elsewhere.

my weekend was great.

Friday I went out on the boat with Tino and his 13 YO daughter and her good friend. The fireworks watching from the lake was incredible... so fun. I cooked steaks for dinner; Tino made burgers for lunch. The girls played most of the day BUT a bit of cool weather blew in for a few hours and Tino took a freaking nap while I entertained the girls. I really really really enjoyed their company - but the whole day reinforced that this is so "not want I want". I want a boyfriend, not to be dad's platonic girlfriend. I shouldn't have agreed to go out, but my kiddos abandonned me for the weekend. My friend Mary invited me to a party at her house but she is 12 years older alot of her friends are older and very sedentary and not a lot of fun. Mary is a hoot, her friends not as much... so I didn't really want to do that to be honest. Anyway, talk about a clarifying day....

Saturday I rode with a friend who has some "horse issues". We did an easy peasy park type trail ride which to her was like going into the back country. She was terrified and thrilled. She loved it, which made me feel good. My plan is to have her ride my good ole boy horse to get her more comfortable before she brings her high strung showhorse to anything more challenging.

Sunday, I did a bunch of chores before it got to warm. I had a breakthrough, I looked around my farm and remembered why I wanted it and the improvements I want to make. It sounds strange, but that little tiny thing made me realize that I think I am out of the worst of the woods as far as my depression. Then, Mary and her cousin and another friend of mine met for dinner and a drink and just had a hoot of a good time. It was a really fun weekend!

Mary is so mad at me over this, but I am going back to seeing Steven under his proposed "starting over" plan. I realize there are pitfalls, and frankly if he doesn't keep up his end of the agreement it will be over quickly, but it makes me happy for now and just so much less bother than trying once again to find someone to just see and date. Besides, I have missed him, talking to him, and I want a sex life again! Is that so wrong? LOL If this doesn't work out, not sure I have the energy or excitement to start over again anytime soon....