Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

coops -- LOVE YOU. Thanks. You've been my role model and my friend these many years... :) <3

LV -- Sounds like a very intense traumatic conversation...that NEEDED to happen! Do not worry about the binge, you had quite the purge beforehand and those do go together... Good on you for being honest and straight with her. i hope she can pull it together...

Dee! You look so darling!

Laura, Crap! That sounds intense! I would think if she can keep her ass out of the fire for a couple of years, she might just grow out of it. You needed to stand up for yourself, and I'm so glad you did. Im sure you know, if someone is a danger to themselves or others, they can be admitted to a 72 hour watch... 5150...... I would want her out too... but be so worried for her as well! I can understand the goodie binge.....

Thanks for listening guys. It felt good to get that out.

Wow I've binged once or twice (or three times) since being sleeve but last night was the worse I've done. I'm quite shocked as to how much food I crammed. There goes that pound I lost this week..

OMG I'm so hungry right now! You know the feeling, the beast is awake and wants to be fed.

I'm almost thinking I should do a fast day..

But I really don't think I'll make it. So I'm going to allow myself to eat but really just stick to Proteins and veg to detox a bit.

Dee you look amazing, such a huge difference, the body is smaller but that beautiful smile seems bigger.

LV sorry you are having a crap time with your daughter. Venting seems to have helped except for the overeating. When is your next fast day? Would it help to bring it forward?

Brown well done in keeping up those steps, that is real exercise and you say you don't do any.

I'm still hanging on in there, not up or down at the moment and I will accept that. As I said last week my size has changed and I am in a UK 14 now and today I could put on some new jeans, I had 'fitted' into them before but they left me with a muffin top - no more! They fit nicely and I wore a fitted jumper over them.

Off to see my mum tomorrow and to drop off Christmas presents for the family, she is 3 hrs north of me so I will stay over and spend a little time with her and head back late Monday just in time for work Tuesday. The back is still painful I hope 6 hours in the car won't lead to a relapse.

We have a party planned for Saturday and I am enjoying sorting out the food. I am a feeder. As I am in charge I am making sure there is plenty Protein.< /p>

Don't sweat the binge, it was a temporary event and going back on normal eating will kill the desire to keep overeating.

I think it is good you told her the truth. Sounds like she can't currently control herself, but someday she hopefully can and she will know that you want to love her, but her behavior is blocking.

So, told you my oldest son was my trouble. He really gave me a lot of grief, but there was never violence. I was more afraid he would self distruct. I told him once that i would send him to military school or do what ever I needed to do to save him, I would NOT let him turn into a criminal or addict. We had lots of rough times after that, but he once told me that he remembered that shouting match in a positive way - he knew I would never give up on him and I never did. He moved out and stayed with friends on his own accord when he was about 15-16 but we decided to keep an open door and he did sometimes stay with us. I had mixed feelings about that situation, but I felt like we needed to stay in touch, to save him. It paid off eventually but it was so stressful and sad. I love love love my kids and my youngest has never given me a moment's trouble, but knowing what I know now, not sure I would have chosen to be a mother if I had it to do over again. It was that hard.

Hang in there Laura. hang in there.

Laura, I can't begin to imagine how difficult that was for you - I have no wise words; no advise. But I am sending you a massive Cooper cwtch. I hope you can move forward from last night in a positive way... x

So my date went pretty well. Frasier made everything earlier that expected and so I had so little time to get dressed and fixed up that I had no time to think! Turns out, last minute he found out he had to be at work at 630 SAt AM but didn't want to cancel, so we had 5pm dinner and 630 movie. Saw Hobbitt in 3D which was amazing special effects.

We had a really nice time, lots of laughing and talking. It was like a high school date, only with no making out. Well, more polite than any high schooler I ever dated. Offered to go get the car so I didn't have to walk. Offered me his coat when I got chilled in the theater. Opens doors, sort of obsessively really. Did get a good night kiss - not a great kisser out of the gate but the evening was good.

I think the outfit was cuter than it looks in these pix... least I hope so. The hostess and waitress at resturant and ticket taker at movies went gaga over my shoes. I really like them too, a really pretty blue with black in sort of a pattern. I think Frasier liked the fishnet socks... haha

post-122684-0-78618600-1387046789_thumb.jpg

post-122684-0-63153200-1387046795_thumb.jpg

Okay, do you sense a slight hesitation in me. He said something that i kinda brushed off at the time, but this morning is bothering me. He said "if we were together I would take care of you". This was in the context of talking about career - trying to understand each others work..haha. We live in different worlds so I am not sure I ever got him to understand even the basic idea of my job (Brown, you will relate - I am a project manager for IT projects - I currently work on the business side and herd the cats on that side of the projects and initiatives). Why did it bother me - it was a sweet and endearing thing to say - but made me wonder if his intentions are a bit more serious than I thought (ie maybe he really is looking for a permanent relationship). Well, at some point there will be a conversation, so not borrowing trouble from tomorrow...

Tonight off to a family christmas party. I am on a freaking carb bender right now... eh gad. It started yesterday about noon at the company party. I decided to call today a complete write off and pick up again on Sunday....

Edited by CowgirlJane

Dee, you look great! What a transformation!!!

Okay, so I can't help but say it, when I see my before pic (in my profile) I "own it" and don't mind looking at it, it reminds me where i come from BUT, I was much less attractive and much more weirdly shaped then most other women's before pix that i see. Dee, I thought you looked very cute before, just bigger.

Laura you had a binge.....it's really not a big deal as long as you recognize the causes and work on developing healthier coping skills to deal with the triggers....Having said that, I know that I would or have done the same with my delimma with my daughter too......

It is hard when we have a difficult child that is acting out. I had to make my oldest son move out as soon as he turned 18 years old due to behavior issues and drug uses....That's when I really started eating more and gaining weight...

Now with my daughter she is over 18 years (25 years old) and I am very disappointed in her communication about the court house, her marriage, and then her blaming me for not attending when we were not informed. :( so we aren't talking because with her, there's no talking to her. I am fortunate, she is moving to Oregon next month and will have some hard life lessons and have to grow up. Meanwhile it's very painful so I work on keeping everything peaceful.....

Now talking as a therapist, have you had your daughter evaluated by a psychiatrist. She may have a chemical imbalance that contributes to these mood swings and violent outbursts....It's just a tool to help her calm down and perhaps think a bit more rational......It doesn't mean that she's crazy, she's having a really rough time and has a lot of anger......It would be worth a try....I'm really sorry that you have to go through all this, especially the misinformed parents of her friends......XOXO

I

I am doing horrible on 5:2 these days.... I've got a cold and have a doctor's appointment to get some meds.......Have a great day everyone.

Wow! Thanks guys! It feels so good to get this off my chest.

I'm feeling hopeful that she and I can mend some things.. She is a great kid in so many ways..

And is trying to find her path. She goes in for basic training in June so she will be gone for several months at least. I think the army is going to be good for her.

Jane, the date sounds like fun! Lol I've never heard that name before, I mean besides the character on the show. Have you asked how it came about? His parents naming him that?

Your a better woman than me! I only wear heels for funerals and weddings!

Laura, sending you a HUG...wow...you have been dealing with a lot. Wow! I cannot relate but I hope that some day you two will get to that friendship point. There is still hope so don't give up.Don't give up on her but also don't give up on yourself! She is old enough now that she needs to figure some things out on her own. That is the hard part of parenting. Is she bipolar by any chance or does she just have so much anger and rage built up inside of her?

I deal with that anger and rage at times myself, it was much worse years ago and still comes out sometimes. It's such an awful feeling inside that I feel bad for her that she has to feel it. But, the thing is we all have to learn how to deal with our emotions.

Glad you opened up about it and told us about the binge. Today is a new day. One foot in front of the other...keep on marching. Hang in there Laura!

Dee, you look great! It's like you look like a totally different person but the same person??!! Does that make sense? lol I love your smile, too!

Sheila, YOYO!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! Never heard of that before but I will be using it at our house now!

Wanda, good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing your story about your son. I love reading parenting advise from those that have been there, done that!

Jane, how was your date? What did you guys do?

I am also an "old school" parent. The hubs and I have worked hard teaching our boys to be respectful and hold doors open for ladies, open doors for me when we go places, bring in the groceries, ask if they can help older people hold things...stuff like that. It's something you don't see much of anymore these days.

Happy Saturday, all!

CGJ -- LOVE the blue shoes with that outfit, sweet!!

Jane, didn't realize I still had a page to read before I posted asking about your date.

You look so cute...love the shoes, the pop of color looks great. You are so tiny! Oh, I can't wait to have plastics and remove all the excess skin! Seeing you brings me hope of what changes plastics will bring in me.

I really wouldn't worry too much about the comment. Just go out with him and have fun and enjoy. You never know he could just be the one you are looking for. You could end up falling in love and being happy and getting married again. If it happens, it happens. For now just take one date at a time and see where it leads. Have fun!

I really wish we would hear from Globe! I'm worried about her. I know someone said they though maybe she was going to Germany...Globe if you're out there, check in with us please.

Yeah, I didn't hear back on my comment about visiting Seattle. I hope Globe is well...

Frasier the III. His oldest son is Frasier IV....haha

t is an unusual name. And yes, just one date at a time... I guess I am 90% happy and still 10% sad about my "relationship" situation so I get the occasional twinge you might say.