Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good news, after 3 days of eating carb debauchery... I feel crappy but the scale rewarded me with 149.1

I had gotten as low as 147, but if I can make it to the new year and stay in the 150 range I will be estatic.

Well, True Blood is not a very good show to be honest. I always thought Sookie was kind of a flake - I read the books and she is like a sappy 12 year old girl only she plays in the big leagues... jumping from on very dangerous supernatural guy to the next. I probably sound like I do the same, but difference is - I am not having sex with them all, just one, I am not all gaga about them all and nobody drinks my blood. See, not like that bimbo Sookie AT ALL... lol

I watched the first episode of Survivor (the British show sorta like Walking Dead only it is about a flu epidemic that leaves the world devastated). First episode was good - thanks for recommending it Globe (if memory serves me)

GT - I think you have a tough few decisions to make and I am not sure how to weigh the pros and cons. One question I think you should consider is that if you stay on longer in your current job, will you be able to increase yoru savings enough to make a difference to the rest of your life? Meaning, will it help you launch yourself in university or some other future dream? If not, is it just buying time until you are forced to make a change - that isn't a bad thing - just think it should be clear what the real benefits are is all.

Honestly, I think we should stop apologizing to offended chick. She isn't even a 5:2 follower! Just let it disappear....I think too much is made of it. and BTW, lots of regular posters seem to have disappeared since the move to BariatricPal. Even now, there are some I hardly see around. I try to still post in other forums and I know many of you do too. Those are ways we can help and support others - including a 5:2 thread like I suggested before.

Now, I hesitate to tell people alot of details about my 5:2 approach because I don't follow it quite "by the book" since I am not a calorie counter. It has worked for me, but i don't want to lead any astray or confuse.

I'm feeling like we are putting to much stock in one person that had a snide comment..

As for splintering the group and making this personal stuff. We don't fast everyday so it stands to reason not every post here would be about fasting. But it's still about a fasting lifestyle. So a name change?

It looks now that we are posting our fasting days on the veterans board (even Susan who joined here but has not come back) so I will concede

To the evolving life of this group.

ok, if this sounds bitchy, blame it on the carb hangover. It has been on my mind I think just needs to be said.

One random person's remark shouldn't make us think we need to change the name of this group. I don't mean to offend anyone, but it seems like an over-reaction. This BP forum is full of people who say all sorts of things - I am not even sure that the original person even cares that much, know what I mean? What we have here is working, why mess with it? I have already suggested we can do more to help by actively maintaining a 5:2 thread on the vets forum and I say never even mention this group. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and it isn't actually their business - hence the meaning of privacy.

I also want to say that I am very happy (perhaps more than some others) to welcome new members as we see fit/the time is right/the person is right. I am really glad for example that Susan joined us, but i didn't really like how it happened. My feelings are not hurt, nothing needs to be undone, but I think in the future we should all feel comfortable with a new member joining due to the nature of some info shared here. BTW, I would have voted yes for Susan so please do not take this remark in anyway as against her joining. I am just saying that to maintain respect for people discussing their health, their family life, issues with teens and hubbies, emotional state, work woes, childhood abuse, their travel plans, their dating life, their cool shoes, British TV and tall men - all the important topics - that we are a little more careful with how new people join in the future.

side note, I was actually interested in starting a discussion how previous abuse (ie non parental) might have contributed to how we found ourselves obese, but for me discussing that is deeply deeply personal and I need to feel like there is at least some level of privacy. Yes, I realize once I open my mouth or type anything, there is no guarantee, but holding it inside isn't really a good answer either. i have told you before that I have found others outside this circle to be a bit less understanding.

Okay, my vent is over.

S

p.s. you can call me Jane, really you can.

Laura, we were posting at the same time. I will be honest, I won't post reguarly to the vets 5:2 post because i am NOT a good example. I have done well on 5:2 because the intermittant fasting part of it has helped "shake things up" and I think causes me to eat less on normal days but since I don't calorie count, I am not a good example for people starting out on it. Really, I do NOT recommend my approach to anyone it is just what works for me and a basic system I developed with a nutritionalist who recognized that after a lifetime of professional dieting, I needed a new way. I get overly.... what is the word... wound up and involved with food ... I think the word is obsessive... if I record it. she figured that out about me around 4 months post op and helped me take the leap of faith that there is another way. If my way had not worked, I would have been able to recover and switch back to detailed tracking but I would hate to influence someone who is already "shaky" so to speak and cause them to lose control over their food intake by tossing out the mfp or whatever tracker when they really need it.

And lets me honest here, the big ole web is full of info on 5:2 and lots of resources for it they don't need this cowgirl's story of losing a whopping 13 pounds on 5:2... :)

Ms. Skinniness= Dorrie ~ Fullerton Ca
Feedyoureye= Kim- Sacramento CA
Sarsar = Sarah-Wisconsin
MG2= Sheila - Centennial CO
Ccjane = Sheryl
Georgia = Georgia :P
Uk Cathy = Cathy
Swizzly = Dee-Switzerland
Brown= Wanda
Globe= Florinda?? ...GT help!
Susan= Susan

Laura-ven= Laura

Chimera= Kelly-Seattle

Supersweetums= Sheila

Coops= Sue - Pontypool, sunny South Wales UK

OrgeonDaisey= Denise

That is how things rolled before, and when you guys made a group I was like "hey where the heck did all the cool, smart people go!"

Haha! Bird of a feather! Love our little mix. Its interesting how many art lovers and artists are in our group... do I smell group show in the future? I belong to an internet art group that started showing, and we have shown all over the place. You never know things could blow up! (artdorks.com)We have been disbanded for a while, but just had a reunion show that was fun.

So I go birdwatching for two days, I even check in here a time or three, and this morning I take an hour to catch up! Great reading people! Love the mini life stories!

Yeah, I responded to the disgruntled cant find the group lady.. oh well! I think I will post some links and stuff on the vets form... and links only page so it doesnt get clogged up with other stuff.... (fat chance there!)

Lol I noticed that we did post at the same time :P

We started this group because of the hassles we encountered on the main forum.

Not only people joining an then realizing it's not the next miracle after the first three weeks.

But the people that came on to start trouble talking about what we were doing was ridiculous..

As for limiting.. I know it hard because there are some others that may fit well into this group that's why we should take it on an individual basis.

A good example of things getting to big and then imploding. Is the fitness challenge butter started.

The first month was great.. Then by the third month it had grown so big we lost contact with not only people but what the whole thread was about! It's now a mish mash of anything goes and is massive, to much to even keep up with.

Lol this group, if you miss a day is a lot to keep up with!!

Excellent thoughts, Jane! And don't forget to add to the list of things we post...naked pictures! I love how your confidence comes through in your posts!

Oh, and I'm not offended, it takes a lot to offend me. I would rather people be open and honest and say what they need to say.

Yes, please talk about the abuse if you feel it will help. I opened up about myself a while back. It was hard but it felt good to talk about it. I really believe that most people that are obese have had some sort of abuse in their lives. Not everyone, of course, but the majority.

Kim, a group show in the future????!!!! I will be there! Although, I'm not an artist by any means, I can hardly draw a stick person, lol. I could bring the desserts! :)

Fasting today. I am thinking about doing double classes tonight at the Y. There is a step class from 6-7 and a body pump class from 715-815.

Sheila, I know you double it up sometimes, have you ever done it on a fast day?

I will have eaten by then so I think I'll be ok. I think I'll take a tangerine to eat in between classes.

Happy Monday, all.

Ok, one more post. :)

About letting people in the group, I agree it should be a group decision and we all have to feel comfortable. If not, it could seriously jeopardize the trust we have with one another. With that being said, I'm thankful you all agreed to let me in and that you all made me feel so welcome.

ha ha, FYE - I first read it like "artists, lovers" as opposed to art lovers. I like art, but sort of like the idea of being considered a "lover"...tee hee.

Yes, nekkid pix which I did by the way remove. And our good friend Butter PM'd me to make sure I knew he saw it. I am really not shy

I think after the holidays would be a better time to dive back into darker subjects, but I thought alot about this over the last 2 years - how a few pivotal events in my young life influenced my relationship with weight, food and even men.

I'm fasting today too... and boy the old mind just jumps right to food about every 5 minutes! After the last couple of days, its not surprising. I think I can make it though. I planned my meals, and that gives me the feeling of security that I won't starve today. Has anyone ever considered that we may have starved to death in numerous past lives and are eating to avoid that experience this time? Hum? I went to a past life hypnotist YEARS ago, and that is what he said the problem was. I was regressed,and had a "memory" of being a little skinny bony little asian lady lying in a ditch by a road, and felt just like I was going to break in half I was so brittle, starved and vulnerable. Theres a memory for you! Then I died. That could make anyone want to eat and get fat while you have the chance!

Globe - this is for you. I don't think my PM got to you answering your questions about costs of plastics so I will post it here. First thing I want to say is read this thread. I do NOT want to be unsupportive but I am appalled at the "finish" in this procedure. I realize that everyone's starting point is different, but her incisions do not look at all tidy like mine.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/291243-lower-body-lift-one-week-post-op/#entry3282831

I am paying attention because my boss wants to have her too large implants removed and a lift done. She was quoted $8500 in the USA - a discounted price since he was the surgeon that did her implants but really high! She is considering Mexico and logistically TJ is much easier so I am keeping an eye out for a good one in TJ. Dr Sauceda specializes in post massive weight loss so my boss doesn't really need that specialty - a good breast surgeon is all she needs.

Okay, I paid about 16K USD to have lower body lift, arm lift, breast implant and lift and "small" thigh lift. That included everything except my food after i left the clinic. I had to pay for my friend's food and airfare too but the hotel room, compression garments, all clinic, surgeon and anesthesia, meds, nursing etc was included in the total.

Compare that to the quotes I had in the USA to just have the LBL and breast work - about 21K- 26K range and that was going home same day, had to buy my own compression garments and rely on insurance for all meds. No nursing care. Then, I was never really clear on how much it would cost to have the arms and thighs done... but they were going to be two separeate procedures so a total of 3 operations. I think I would have been into it for about 40K in total, maybe more, over the course of 3 years since I couldn't take much time off from work would need to wait.