Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

...So fun, the whole family is invited, so of course the girls needed new dresses also. You can't beat Ross for dress prices. One was on $14.99 and the other was on "clearance" for $16.99. See why I bought them both?

LOVE Ross, spent about 2 hours there yesterday, bought all my Christmas presents there... The half of my cloths not from a thrift store are from there! Successful fast yesterday, but did not lose an oz. I guess I should consider myself lucky I didnt gain after what the "normal" days looked like this week. Work staff party tomorrow.... we all make food and leave it in the office all day to eat... starts with breakfast..... about half of the food is sweet. And goood cooks too. The following day we have two parties to attend, both always have great food, then friday is Christmas lunch at school, where the staff cooks for the entire school... that should be ok, but a big job cooking for over 100. everyone is good at pitching in. Off I go! See ya later~

Reading all of your posts makes for a jolly afternoon! We are definitely an eclectic mix of wonderful friends!

Globe, I LOL on the "arm" part! I do that sometimes, hold the skin under my arm and think, "Wow! My arms would be so skinny!" Ha! Weird.

Switzerland, California, Oregon, Colorado, Afghanistan. And the list goes on! Isn't technology wonderful??

Here's me and the hubs at Christmas Luncheon today. Didn't realize this sweater looks so big!!

Georgia you look fabulous! I would ditch the sweater bc it's way too big, but warm..... I also look at my arms and think the same thing...I even believe my sleeves on tops would be a little more loose too... :P

Today is fast day wish me luck!

Denise here is the link again (did with Kindle!!!)

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/291243-lower-body-lift-one-week-post-op/

Is dating discouraging because Coos Bay doesn't have your type or because you still pine for Allen?

I had my third date with Frasier. I picked the restaurant, close to my home,a cheap but yummy fresh Mex place. Main attraction is they let me order the child plate. Frasier didn't bat an eye and although he teased me about my "expensive tastes" he loved the food. We talked along time including religion and politics which went very well. I found out why I kept thinking he is southern....raised strict Baptist. I am not of that ilk but he is open minded so I think okay. I told him about my home updating plans when he mentioned doing the work to remodel homes of TWO exgirlfriends. I didn't say anything but it made me uncomfortable. I have been examining my feelings about it and truth is I don't like beholden to people. He also offered to teach me to ski since I plan to start lessons. I of course don't want to look like a idiot in front of him (or anyone I know)so would rather start with paid lessons. This has given me food for self examination... am I afraid of taking advantage of someone? Am I afraid of leaping in to a relationship with someone who I then need? Maybe I worry that I have found another "acts of service" type (read 5 Love Languages) when what I need is verbal and physical affection???

I intended to have the big "what are your intentions" talk but time got away when we dove into politics etc. Anyway it was a good date and nice time just gave me things to think about. He wanted to see me again soon but I am going to wait to the weekend as this feels a little fast in some ways. Nice good hearted man though.

I think Denise asked about seeing profiles? This is Frasier:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=45013069

This is Mark, who I have only seen once and since he leaves weird vmails, not sure i want to see him again..haha. He is handsome and fun, but I don't know, pushy?

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=6164500

This is me:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=56951315

Edited by CowgirlJane

I love Ross too....their pants suck though. I wear a lot of dresses -all from Ross.

Globe I find Erik northman to be very attractive indeed...sort of a primal magnetism.

I have been thinking you should extend your stay in Afghanistan if it does not compromise your health.

Oversized clothes,yes I have them too. My work slacks are all baggy butt and too loose waist since plastics. At least in those clothes, I need a 6 now.

Oh,I did 30 minutes spinning bike yesterday that about wiped me out but I need to force movement.

Wanda,how are you doing with the office cookie battle?

Fasting today just had my first meal of yogurt and blueberries at 2pm I'm down to 147 it would be nice if it stuck through the week.

Sue - I would love to see some more of your sketches...

I will have a look and see if there are any pics of my drawings - if not I'll get some! 

Coops, when I had a consult the surgeon also said the scarring is worse for that kind of incision. I have still thought about going that route because I will never wear a bikini anyway so nobody would see the scar. Hey, Coops, did you wear the dress for your party?

Happy Tuesday all!

I didn't go for the anchor because he said recovery was harder, and the traditional TT would give me what I wanted - originally that was to get rid of the overhang/apron... of course this changes! It is a massive head job - I gotta be honest! In the early days I was so happy that it apron had gone, then around 6 weeks I discovered I still had a muffin top - all be it smaller - that knocked me back mentally! Now, 10 mths later, I feel that if I can lose the extra weight I am carrying I will be ok. There is a huge difference to me now and me before the TT. I actually wore a two piece on holiday this year - that was a first for nearly 20 years. Like the sleeve, it isn't a magic bullet and there is work to it. I consider myself work in progress...lol

And yea, I wore the dress and rocked it! I went out with two friends, who rarely comment on my appearance - I always comment on theirs cos I'm nice like that - they will answer if I ask 'does this look ok?'. Anyway, they were gob smacked at the dress, the one even said that Iooked 'tiny' and that is a miracle from her - she is smaller than me and probably wants to stay that way... but I am close on her tail now...heheheeeee! The other one called me a skinny biatch! That too was an inverted compliment.

To be honest, I felt good so that is all that matters!

Fasting today just had my first meal of yogurt and blueberries at 2pm I'm down to 147 it would be nice if it stuck through the week.

Guys lie about their height big time, but he passes the high heel test so I think he is in the ballpark of 6'.

He is a nice nice man and I enjoy his company. The thing that at times is a bit awkward is that because of different education/work etc my vocabulary and stuff is a little bigger.... I don't care but things like that can make a man feel bad. I try to make sure he knows I value the skills he has that I don't, which are many.

Anyway, we need to have the big talk that I am not really looking for my next husband and need to be sure that he is good with that. It did bother me that he has remodeled women's homes... I don't use people like that. I am more of a giver, maybe that is the lesson I need to learn in life. Well, I guess in all fairness, my EX took on being stepdad to my kids - now THAT is giving! He thought he was rescuing me, and I guess I want to be sure there is none of "that" going on as I know where that leads... I would take Frasier up on the offer to teach me to ski I think, because that would be fun for him too (he goes and really skis while I recover in the lodge with a hot drink...haha)

I don't know how to read Frasier but he seems so into me, wants to see me like every other day and yet ensures that there is no more than a goodnight kiss. It worries me when a guy isn't pursuing me for sex...haha... like it makes me suspicious about what they really want. In all seriousness, it makes me wonder if he doesn't see me as a serious relationship prospect because I am after all cool, dress a little sexy while being respectable, smart, have my own life/home, only a little crazy. (tongue in cheek, but i do stack up well against the competition my age I think). I sent Frasier a message today that I would like to see him this coming weekend and I would like to sort of talk about what we are each looking for since we haven't had that chat. Profiles don't tell you much really.

Sheryl, Fraiser looks and sounds lovely - giggled at the pic of him with that massive fish!  Sounds like youre having fun right now and good for you!

Had a fast day today - a lil over but I am gonna claim it as good. Went on a training day with work today; it was hard going. I must of slept awkward cos my neck was really stiff when I woke and by the end of the day it really hurt. That couple with a nasty headache that was verging on a Migraine took me to bed for two hours when I got home. I still feel a little groggy now, but better than I was. Just three more get ups before we finish school and I am looking forward to some 'home' time. I will still have work to do - marking course work and assessments - but at least I can do that in the comfort of my lounge with a nice cuppa!

I haven't been to the gym for nearly a week - and I don't think I'll be going this week. I just feel so tired! Got a works 'do' Friday - Christmas jumpers at the ready - so I really want to feel better for that as it is usually a really good laugh!

Yeah it makes wonder is a man that actually put a profile up on one of those dating websites might be looking for something more permanent...

I mean it's been long time since I dated but seems to me if a man wanted causal, he'd go to the local bar..

OMG I've been shopping all day and now that I've eaten I CANT keep my eyes open!

I seriously think I need a nap!!

Edited by laura-ven

Coops, when I had a consult the surgeon also said the scarring is worse for that kind of incision. I have still thought about going that route because I will never wear a bikini anyway so nobody would see the scar. Hey, Coops, did you wear the dress for your party?

Happy Tuesday all!

I didn't go for the anchor because he said recovery was harder, and the traditional TT would give me what I wanted - originally that was to get rid of the overhang/apron... of course this changes! It is a massive head job - I gotta be honest! In the early days I was so happy that it apron had gone, then around 6 weeks I discovered I still had a muffin top - all be it smaller - that knocked me back mentally! Now, 10 mths later, I feel that if I can lose the extra weight I am carrying I will be ok. There is a huge difference to me now and me before the TT. I actually wore a two piece on holiday this year - that was a first for nearly 20 years. Like the sleeve, it isn't a magic bullet and there is work to it. I consider myself work in progress...lol

And yea, I wore the dress and rocked it! I went out with two friends, who rarely comment on my appearance - I always comment on theirs cos I'm nice like that - they will answer if I ask 'does this look ok?'. Anyway, they were gob smacked at the dress, the one even said that Iooked 'tiny' and that is a miracle from her - she is smaller than me and probably wants to stay that way... but I am close on her tail now...heheheeeee! The other one called me a skinny biatch! That too was an inverted compliment.

To be honest, I felt good so that is all that matters!

I am so happy for you Coops - isn't it just wonderful to go to an event and feel confident in how you look? You deserve it! It hink you look great just the way you are!

Dr S told me I wasn't a candidate for the anchor, that it wasn't worth the scarring, but truth of the matter that is how you get the tight waist. I don't have a muffin top, but I do have a wrinkle of extra skin beneath my boobs. It's okay though, I look fine. I never had a thin waist in my life, so what I have going on now completely rocks by my standards.

Plastics are a head trip and they are a series of tradeoffs. I am pleased with the choices i made - basically followed Dr Sauceda's recommendations. I feel that he did a good job of setting my expectations so I am delighted with results EXCEPT my butt. I knew that my butt would not be great, but it is still a bit wrinkly. He does free revisions, but told me that he can't take more out with a lower body lift that the only think left is to do glute implants, a new procedure. I don't think so.... I think I am going to try personal training and see if I can build up butt muscles and get some shape there. Anyway, I think Dr S did the best he could with my underlying anatomy and honestly, I feel like a hot mama these days so I am not complaining, but my butt is not really sexy... it is flat and a bit droopy. I think I told you once before Coops, if I looked like Laura Croft I'd NEVER get anything useful done, so it is probably just as well. :)

I was informed by an intimate source that my narrower waist however makes my butt look pretty sexy in certain positions especially wearing the thong panties which completely covered the incision line. enuf said about that. :)

This intimate source however remains very very ill. He got super sick a month ago, sorta recovered, had to go back to work and I talked to him today, he sounds about dead. I can't help but worry - he doesn't let me mother him but that desire is inside me for sure.

Well, i blew my fast day, but did stay very low carb. Work got really stressful and while I don't usually stress eat anymore, I couldn't concentrate so i ate more then planned. I am still in the 500 range, but, it is only 321 in the afternoon ... oh well. I am like the rest of you just hanging on through the holidays. I don't need to be perfect with 5:2, the basic idea still helps me. I consider myself in maintenance. I am staying under 150 - would be nice to drop a couple of more pounds just so my bounce range is a little safer (I want to be in the 145-148 bounce range) but basically consider myself really at goal this time. :)

Laura, alot of guys put on their profiles "nothing serious" but I can't help myself but veer away from them because I am looking for something more... in the middle you might say. My dream would be someone cool, fun, active who has time and resources to actually DO stuff, wants a monogamous thing that will go on for awhile, but without expectations that it leads to engagement, or me becoming mom to their kids or whatever. I can pay my own way, but for example my turning 50 big trip - would love to have a partner in crime for that sort of thing. Someone who wants to go camping with me - he can bring his bike or fishing gear while I ride horses and have him to cuddle around the campfire. Someone to do weekenders with, but he doesn't have to meet my whole family either - no obligation to join the clan. Know what I mean, the good parts of a relationship without too many expectations.

Jane, I wouldn't mind sharing my butt with you! That's the biggest part of me and I want it gone!

Coops, sorry about the stiff neck! I hate when that happens!