Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

M2G, (Sheila, right? Although I can't call you that because we have too many Shelia's in the group!) I don't know if I'm older than you. You look like your younger than me...I'm 42. Remember, though, I had my daughter when I was 18. My boys are 10 and almost 14.

Coops, I'm confuse about the pooch, didn't you have a Tummy Tuck? I forgot to tell you you have awesome looking legs from your pic. You calves are nice and little ankles. Might sound funny but I hate my calves. I have stretch marks all down the back of them and hanging skin when I am sitting. I had terrible cankles when I was heavy (remember the bike pic I posted????)

M2G, I cannot believe your fingers are sooo tiny. When I got pg with my first son, I had to have my wedding ring cut off because my fingers got so fat I couldn't remove it myself. A couple years after he was born I had is resized to wear it again....a size 9.5!!!!!!!!!!!! So as you can imagine, it became huge very quickly when I started losing weight. I haven't had it resized yet but I had this thingy, some kind of sizer thing, put on it so that I can wear it still. When I measured my fingers at the jeweler I was a five and a quarter. So I have to pay to have the rings resized and I asked the guy what he does with the extra gold that he cuts off...he didn't have an answer for that! I think he should give the gold back to me that he takes off!

Hi Cathy! Sorry about your back. Take it easy. I think stress does have a lot to do with us getting sick or injuring ourselves. And, you are under a ton of stress. Hang in there!

Coops, love the dress, yes ditch the slippers! Personally I like it better without the denim jacket but I am the last person to give fashion advice.

Fast day turned into a non fast day but calories are under control. Mentally I thought I would turn it into a non fast day rather than have it turn into a 'failed' fast day. That is the good thing about the 5:2 it is Fluid.< /p>

On top of everything else I 'pulled' my back yesterday so I have just finished a 9 hour shift (10 min break) and I am shattered. I would have phoned in sick but I know that we are so short staffed at the moment. I did say that I could not do any heavy moving and handling though. I think it is just all the stress coming to the surface, I will have to take more care of myself.

Listening to you ladies talking about the dating scene I'm glad I'm not out there (married 30 years), I would not have a clue. It seems very complicated: tall/short? Young/old? Large/skinny? Rich/poor? Etc. trying to think all those years back did the same Qs come up then I suppose they did it is just that communication these days is so much faster and things seem to move at a faster pace. My hubby and I met at a party in my home town (he was visiting) and we went to different universities and we had to communicate by letter or pre-arranged calls at a pay phone. It seems unbelievable now. In my college today I had 2 students living in the same residence skyping each other on their iPads - they only had to put their heads out of their rooms and they could have spoken to each other in person!

Hang on in there Brown, even the little bit you do will help in the long term. Even if you cannot commit to the 5:2 at the moment stay around because you always have lots of wisdom to offer.

I think I had best plan my day for tomorrow so that I can fast if possible.

Boy, Cathy, do I know about "backs!"  Don't they ALWAYS go "out" at the worst possible timing?  I have to rely on heating pad and flexiril to get through it!  Ha!  

And I'm with Cathy, Coops, I like the "little black dress" (and YOU DO look very widdle!) without the jacket.  I'd just add some color bling and fancy/smancy makeup and hairdo and wear Red Heels!!!  LOL   

Oh Coops I did not mean to yell at you. I'm so sorry! Please accept that my intent was to confirm that you look amazing.

You know (as oft chatted about here on this thread) we become our own worst enemies and we are often our own worst critics, and that is what I thought you were doing to yourself, and I hate to see that. If you do have some skin or something you don't feel should be there (you are about 9 months post-TT right?) you should talk to your surgeon. You don't have to prove anything to us, whatever you feel is an issue is something we can't see...all we see is your beauty. :)

Sarsar...my apologies also...I will be 42 in Jan. Didn't realize you had your dd at age 18...that does change things doesn't it? I was 28 when I had my almost 13 yo, so that just makes a big difference. I feel my age creeping up on me and the times when I can't remember 3 pages of posts...bah! You have a sharp mind, that is is for sure! :)

Ok, I'm going to post a couple pics.

This is one of my outfits I wore in Arizona but you can't see the cutest part which were the shoes!

post-112250-0-87082000-1386889084_thumb.jpg

This is me wearing my first pair of skinny jeans with boots!

post-112250-0-10402000-1386889063_thumb.jpg

This is a picture of the mountains in Sedona. I know a lot of you live near mountains but they are so beautiful to me because I rarely get to see them.

post-112250-0-04264700-1386889145_thumb.jpg

This is a pic looking out of the hummer in Arizona when we went into the mountains

post-112250-0-19730700-1386889110_thumb.jpg

Edited by sarsar

M2G...no apologies needed. I should be much older having a 23 year old daughter! When people meet me and find out I have a 23 year old they always say I don't look old enough to have a child that old. Guess what? I'm not! I don't go into the whole story with them but it's still uncomfortable for me at times.

Susan, the re-sleeve I've done a lot of reading here on the forum and the one thing that I notice is that sometimes band to sleeve revisions to seem to have as much restriction as a virgin sleeve? Maybe Jane you can speak to that..

M2G,

Ugh two girls sick no fun.. My son is 11 I noticed this girl make a bee line for him last month at the thanksgiving feast... Then I saw her again at his side chatting him up at honor roll.. I ask him about her and said I think she likes you. He said I was crazy hehehe.. But then came home and said I was right :P hence the new clothes.

Now 11 is young for girlfriends but when you kid has Tourette's.... Well they are treated different

Oh and size five fingers??? OMG that's small!

Oh and thank you guys for the compliments yes looking in that store mirror I wasn't upset and that feels good :)

Oh yes coops I love the green of that sweater too!

Cathy, I'm sorry your going through back pain. I think that the worse kind of pain there is there just seems to be no relief :(

Sarsar!! Look at you !!!!!! Tiny and cute :)

Oh I'm an old mom :) I had them much later..

Awww...thanks, Laura. It's funny bc I do not feel "tiny" at all. It seems like most of us are like that. I see pics of everyone and think they look so tiny but most of the time people come back and say they don't think they are tiny. I think it's bc we know what we look like under the clothes!?!? Who knows???

I don't know what it is... I know I was talking to my husband the other day and well I said I'm just a smaller version of the same Laura. So I think we see the same basic shape (because let's face it none of us morphed into a different body type like say a super model :P) and we see the same things the same potential for those things to be bigger or perhaps they still just look bigger because they are the same shape...,

Lol did any of that make sense :P

Ha...made total sense! I understand, it's like I still see the old body/skin/stretch marks/whatever but yet I can still see that I look different...now does that make sense??? Basically the same thing you said!

A couple of weeks ago I was out shopping with my sister and daughter. I was in the dressing room with them trying some stuff on. Earlier that day my sister had mentioned that I looked like I lost weight. I told her I had lost 14 pounds since starting the 5:2 plan (and then explained 5:2 to her). Anyway I was getting all naked and trying stuff on and she said, "Sarah, why do you want to lose 10 more pounds? You won't look healthy if you keep losing." She sounded a bit worried about me and it scared me a little (anorexia issues when I was young). I said I want to lose it here...pointing to my butt and hips. She was like, there is nothing there but extra skin.

So frustrating trying to be content with what I have and not take things too far...

Awww...thanks, Laura. It's funny bc I do not feel "tiny" at all. It seems like most of us are like that. I see pics of everyone and think they look so tiny but most of the time people come back and say they don't think they are tiny. I think it's bc we know what we look like under the clothes!?!? Who knows???

And you know what, I think your "skinnys" could be another size down and skinnier! You look amazing!!! Look at those neckbones! ( I am in love with them!).

Lol! Good! You know I went into this wanting to be healthy (check) and with the realistic wish to look good in clothes (check) we need to remember what our goals were.. Also as I was thinking on it just now I thought of changing my goal weight on my ticker from 135 to 140..

But I realized that scared me too, because well, first thought was awesome almost there!! second was scared because of all those old goals I've meet before in diets. I'm all to aware taking off was one thing keeping it is another.

I've always ended a diet and well.. ate like "normal" because the diet was over!! Yep.. Part of me just wants to live in this limbo to keep me on my toes!

Oh 5:2 day! Wow keeping busy helps. I didn't get home until 2:45 so I took my first meal then.

Yogurt.. I'm going to be swimming in calories for dinner!! :D

Ok, I'm going to post a couple pics.

M2G...no apologies needed. I should be much older having a 23 year old daughter! When people meet me and find out I have a 23 year old they always say I don't look old enough to have a child that old. Guess what? I'm not! I don't go into the whole story with them but it's still uncomfortable for me at times.

Sarah (yes my is Sheila but so is supersweetums...lol, although I don't think she is here much anymore, but I think it's because she is happy where she is at...) OH MY GOSH you look so great. I love love love the horizontal stripes. My whole life my mom told me I was too big for horz. strips...now I do love them and I don't care what anyone says! I agree with your friend you don't need to "lose" anymore!

And I'm sure it is not a subject you like to bring up...hey had my kid when I was 18! It's nice to have an older child though giving you glimpse into a possible future relationship with your boys...course I always hear adult relationships between boys and their moms is diff. than girls and their moms. From the way you talk about your daughter she sounds awesome so you must have been doing something right. ;)

M2G,

Ugh two girls sick no fun.. My son is 11 I noticed this girl make a bee line for him last month at the thanksgiving feast... Then I saw her again at his side chatting him up at honor roll.. I ask him about her and said I think she likes you. He said I was crazy hehehe.. But then came home and said I was right :P hence the new clothes.

Now 11 is young for girlfriends but when you kid has Tourette's.... Well they are treated different

attachicon.gif:

Oh and size five fingers??? OMG that's small!

Oh and thank you guys for the compliments yes looking in that store mirror I wasn't upset and that feels good :)

Oh I'm an old mom :) I had them much later..

Awww, gotta love 11 year olds...my youngest is 11...she is smart as a whip and beautiful but a bit on the sassy side. Gotta love that though. My 13 yo (almost!) is the textbook older child with a heart as big as all get out and brains/looks to match!

Oh and the jeweler would NOT make it smaller...I'm sort of regretting that. :( He was in disbelief that my wedding finger was so small. My right hand is not as small...ring finger maybe a 6 or slightly less? But I cannot wear my wedding ring on my right hand. Anyway, I had a creepy thought the other day (because as I said my girls are always like look at your skeleton hands!...I was like if they are like this at 40 WHAT in the world (God may I be so blessed) will they look like when I'm 90? HA HA! :lol:

I've always ended a diet and well.. ate like "normal" because the diet was over!! Yep.. Part of me just wants to live in this limbo to keep me on my toes!

OMG...I think that is why I'm still here... because if I let my guard down and think to myself "I got this" well that is my first clue that I'm falling off the wagon. I am not sure that I've found a happy medium yet. Remember when in Oct. my surgeon was like "oh let's lose 10lbs and get you NOT thinking about your weight" and I was like "wha?????" DO I EVER GET TO NOT THINK ABOUT THIS????? :o

Edited by M2G

Yes, yes, yes!!! When it ends, then what?? Same thing with me! But, this is a part of me that I'm trying to work on....always a work in progress.