Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LV your scale lies to you! You are so skinny and I love your pic! You are also Miss Skinniness too! I will definitely get a pic really soon too... :P

No my camera lies!! :P

Really, after I took that picture I laughed because the perspective makes me look skinny..

trust me my husband too one of me a couple of weeks ago and I looked like a little troll :D

It's all angles.

So I thought shit I'll hold it out straight and take a full on on my thigh/stomach area (my problem area) SHIT! That looked good too! So I didn't post it to show "reality" I look so much different in life..

But hey then I thought the size of my body now makes it possible to take a good pic..

So I'll take that :D

Edited by laura-ven

Yes, Skinny, pic please! I am pretty sure I saw one of you a while ago on another part of this forum. If it's you I am thinking of you have nothing to be concerned about...you are so skinny! And if I remember correctly, didn't you change your name to Skinny after you got to your goal? Did you used to have a different user name?

See...procrastinating again...I'm really leaving now for a while. Don't type anything interesting while I'm gone! :)

Ok, one last thing. Laura, I was thinking yesterday that I wish you would just take a straight on pic of yourself and post it! You don't need to do tricks with the camera anymore! You are beautiful and you are skinny!

This pic is more realistic..

I took it this weekend.. I took it because I took my son shopping because he has a girl!!!!!

He wanted to step up his game :D

Anyway I took it because in the past five years or so not only was clothes shopping for me a really depressing event but taking my kids shopping I would sometimes want to die..

I would be sitting either in a dressing room with them or like in this picture sitting outside waiting .

But there would always be a mirror involved. Sitting in front of those mirrors made me want to end it all...

In this picture I'm sitting in front of a mirror waiting and I see myself and I see normal :)

I was able to be present for my son when he came out. That is success :)

post-167126-0-77511000-1386871385_thumb.jpg

Even thought 5:2 hasn't seemed to work for me, I'm going to give it another shot, this group has helped me.  I don't feel so alone on top of feeling like a failure, desperate, frustrated and confused.  K.  I'm making some modifications ( there I go again ), but don't give up on me.  I need the wisdom of you ladies that have made this work.  That have obviously made your sleeve work for your.  Since I can't go back in time and loose more weight during my first year.. I'm here moving in to year 3 having hit my 2 year anniversary in Nov 2013 with so much more weight to lose.  Unlike you guys I'm not in wonderland. Actually that was never my goal and honestly at this point in my life, I'm fine with that. Just not fine with where I am right now.. I'm not giving up, so don't give up on me.  If I can't do this with all the successful ladies of this group, then I really am an epic failure!!.. URGH.. Its Thursday and I'm starting my Thursday fast day.  Shakey in my resolve.. but gotta start again somewhere. 

And we cant make it without you!!!!  DON'T LOSE HOPE!   Its very hard for all of us during holidays, anyway, so dont feel bad at yourself.  Take a SMALL goal and push hard toward that one and then move on.  I get overwhelmed if I look too far range.  And I have a bag of really good Christmas Cookies staring at me right now on my 2nd fast day.  I have persevered so far but I've also saved some so I can enjoy tomorrow!!!!!   LOL  :rolleyes:

This pic is more realistic..

I took it this weekend.. I took it because I took my son shopping because he has a girl!!!!!

He wanted to step up his game :D

Anyway I took it because in the past five years or so not only was clothes shopping for me a really depressing event but taking my kids shopping I would sometimes want to die..

I would be sitting either in a dressing room with them or like in this picture sitting outside waiting .

But there would always be a mirror involved. Sitting in front of those mirrors made me want to end it all...

In this picture I'm sitting in front of a mirror waiting and I see myself and I see normal :)

I was able to be present for my son when he came out. That is success :)

attachicon.gif:

Girl, you need to get that stuff OUT of your head! If you never lose another pound, you are VERY THIN AND SMALL! As Kim said, a small normal woman! Quit beating yourself up. Really. We DONT lie! Well, not always :rolleyes:

Brown, don't give up - perhaps 'take a break' emotionally and physically - I did that a few years ago and it felt good - the funny thing was, food didn't rule my life as I thought it would!

But keep on keeping on! Like I said  before, I was stuck for two years - nothing I did helped or worked, kept seeing the same 2-4 lbs above my lowest,  I won't lie it was really hard and I nearly gave up.

The reason I didn't give up was because the sleeve is an investment in ME for LIFE and it has no expiry date.  By the way my body loses it will be my 4th year anniversary before I get any where near my personal goal - but who cares how long it takes?

GT - move to Wales!!

thanks for the positive feedback on the dress. I will wear it Saturday night and enjoy it. I haven't got a different jacket to go with it and I had a look in the shops today for one, but nothing I liked or that would match the lace sleeve. I agree a bit of colour would look good but again, I don't own any accessories for it at the moment. I bought it last minute cos it was half price, down to £25! So I will be a little black, but that is ok... I will wear some bling earrings; do my hair and make up and probably wear my contacts too - I'll just have to rock the black!!

As far as the group goes, I have to say that this place is where I come to every day, whether I post or not - it is a thread that the people here are my friends; even though we haven't actually met, we have connected in a way that I can't really describe. But I feel safe here and I like it.

I am not opposed to new members per se, but I do feel that the dynamics would change - a lot.

LV - you are tiny tiny tiny lady!  And you look great!  I love that green on you; my fav colour!

OMG OMG OMG, I was gone for only 24 hours...I love you ladies to the moon and back...the post...3 pages worth! :lol::P;)

So from memory:

Coops...what F*CK are you talking about...where is the pooch??? You need some bloody glasses girl because that f'ing tummy...there IS NO POOCH or pouch or whatever the heck you called it. Shed the jacket (that is MY trick to hide the bumps...girl you so do not need that anymore) but since we are all honest here, get rid of it, you look fab girl.

LV...OMG I love your skinny new body, you are rocking it my friend! TOTALLY. And the straight on photo you are still rocking it and like Kim said the only thing missing is that smile (I know, I know it's hard to take a selfie and smile at the same time...so HARD!) How old is your son again? Crap I'm going to have a 13 year old in ONE WEEK (gasp!) and we are soooooo not doing the dating thing yet...I tell them they have the REST of their lives to be ADULTS, but only ONE shot at being a kid. I know it's coming, I know it's coming but hoping it holds off for as long as possible...I'm so not ready for my kids to have boys hanging around.

Dorrie and Brown (wait, it's Wanda right am I getting that right? Gah! Old age sucks...lol) you are both struggling right now and I just want to know I'm thinking of you and just want to say TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. Do NOT beat yourselves up over slipping up here and there...please hang in there with me. I'm taking things ONE DAY at a time right now also...it's the only way I can deal with the holidays. SOmedays are better than others, and I'm OK with that. Hugs.

SarSar, OMG I love your posts! You are older than me (I only say that because your daughter is grown, for all I know we could be the same age ha ha!) but your memory is sharper than mine...you jazz out 3 pages worth of comments like you were born to rock this thread. LOVE THAT!

Sheryl and Daisy, YEP we need more juicy details of your love lives because us old and boring and married ladies get such a crazy fascination about hearing of your men and your dates...LOVE IT. :P

Kim, my goodness lady...you just wrote so beautifully about how you feel about this group and it being closed and I could not have said it any better than you did. Seriously. I'm very partial to this group, even told the Big A that you guys are my sanity. It's true and I don't like the idea of disrupting what is working. This is like a precious baby and I don't want it to be spoiled by the world getting it's evil hands on it ... LOL! ANd I love the story of you meeting your hunky hubby! LOVE IT! I laugh so much because my hubby is like a big Teddy Bear (even though he was also sleeved and lost weight, and he is much more muscular than I am) but he has big hands and my hands are (not so lovingly) referred to as skeleton hands by my girls. :unsure: Little stinkers. Both of my girls, ages 11 and almost-13 have bigger hands than I do...my ring size went from a 5.5 before being sleeved to a 5 after losing weight. AND MY RING IS STILL TOO BIG. Sigh. The jeweler was hesitant to make it any smaller than a 5...he was afraid my hands would swell, NOT SO MUCH WHEN YOU ARE FREEZING ALL THE FREAKING TIME! Gah! :blink:

Susan, glad you are giving this a go. I have heard of re-sleeving, and would be very interested to hear what you have to say about. I also heard it was very risky as the original staple line is a "weak" spot and has to be treated as such. But I would really like to hear what you know about it, please share. BUT PLEASE GIVE 5:2 a good long fighting chance also. I've only lost about 12lbs in 6 months, but I REFUSE TO GIVE UP on this extra weight. ;)

Okay since no one objected HERE IS THE EASIEST FUDGE RECIPE you will ever ever see! Takes 10 minutes or less!

6oz evaporated milk (NOT condensed milk)

2 cups of sugar

1 stick of butter (what is that 1/2 a cup?)

1 cup of mini marshmallows

3/4 cup chocolate chips (or butterscotch or white, or PB, you get the point)

Mix the first 3 ingredients (butter is okay to just throw in there without cutting, and straight from the fridge is fine) in a tall GLASS MICROWAVE BOWL and microwave on normal high for 2 minutes

Take out and stir

Microwave again for 2 minutes

Take out and stir

Microwave again for 2.5 minutes

Take out and stir

Microwave again for 2.5 minutes

This time take out and dump in the marshmallows and chips. Stir until all is creamy fudge (work quickly, it cools as you stir) and then once all mixed, pour into a greased pan and let set. It sets up very quickly but really is best after it has been in the fridge for a bit. It's also easy to freeze and makes GREAT gifts. I've not met someone who doesn't not like this fudge...even people who are self-professed NON-lovers of fudge say this is the best recipe. I've never found it online either...but there are million ways to make fudge but this one is a no fail thing. EXCEPT here are the rules: DO NOT DOUBLE the batch and let your microwave cool in between batches (like I can make one am, midday and eve but don't keep using the micro continuously...or it may not work so well.)

Okay, my latest update is that BOTH of my girls are sick. They have the flu. It's a germy household here and I'm ready to go crazy. HOWEVER my husband (aka angel) let me go workout for 2 hours today to just GET AWAY from all the germs. We are probably $600 into the double flu for them (one script of Tamiflu was $230 and I'm NOT joking!!!) AAARGH! So I blew off steam at the gym instead of eating my frustration today. Yay me. :)

Georgia, forgot...LOVE the new profile pic!

Coops, love the dress, yes ditch the slippers! Personally I like it better without the denim jacket but I am the last person to give fashion advice.

Fast day turned into a non fast day but calories are under control. Mentally I thought I would turn it into a non fast day rather than have it turn into a 'failed' fast day. That is the good thing about the 5:2 it is Fluid.< /p>

On top of everything else I 'pulled' my back yesterday so I have just finished a 9 hour shift (10 min break) and I am shattered. I would have phoned in sick but I know that we are so short staffed at the moment. I did say that I could not do any heavy moving and handling though. I think it is just all the stress coming to the surface, I will have to take more care of myself.

Listening to you ladies talking about the dating scene I'm glad I'm not out there (married 30 years), I would not have a clue. It seems very complicated: tall/short? Young/old? Large/skinny? Rich/poor? Etc. trying to think all those years back did the same Qs come up then I suppose they did it is just that communication these days is so much faster and things seem to move at a faster pace. My hubby and I met at a party in my home town (he was visiting) and we went to different universities and we had to communicate by letter or pre-arranged calls at a pay phone. It seems unbelievable now. In my college today I had 2 students living in the same residence skyping each other on their iPads - they only had to put their heads out of their rooms and they could have spoken to each other in person!

Hang on in there Brown, even the little bit you do will help in the long term. Even if you cannot commit to the 5:2 at the moment stay around because you always have lots of wisdom to offer.

I think I had best plan my day for tomorrow so that I can fast if possible.

OMG!  M2G - how do you do that!  I have missed so much; sorry Sarar, Skinny, Susan, FYE, Jayne and Georgia - anyone else... this thread moves so fast!

Re the pouch - I will get a pic to show you but please don't shout at me!  I know it is ME but it is there and I sometimes wonder if I should l just chill the hell out at 42 and let it go or get rid of it!  I will defo mention it to my surgeon.

I haven't posted any  TT pics on here because I felt insure - but I would do it in this thread, cos I really do trust you lot!!