Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ladies. Yep my name is Wanda. Am am bad at names so it will take some getting used too. ThAnks much for the encouragement. Half my mind gets what your all saying the other half well u know. Sarah (Sar) I have a great relationship with my only daughter too. Besides hubby she's one of my best. Friends. We love to shop together , watch movies, talk forever.I am lucky cause she and her son live with me. It wasn't always like that so I am glad we've grown so close. CGJ you'll always be Jane gotta get past those frogs to get to the prince, but careful comparing everyone to Stephen. Glad your having some success and enjoy yourself. We are all in different places in life , being married for over 30 years I sometimes think about another man being attracted to me. I envy u cause I seem to remember new. Relationships are fun and exciting , with the right guy of course. Take your time look out for the crazy its learking in everyone. I have read these. Recent post on my blackberry and the pics are so small from what I can see its hard to believe u guys were ever heavy. So encouraged by all of u. I am hanging in there.

Why do you all keep forgetting me? Oregon daisy is Denise

I do not want this group any bigger. We would not as comfortable as we are now. If you think Susan that another 5:2 group is necessary so new people can find out, we can change the name of ours or something and start another 5:2 We don't restrict ourselves to talking about 5:2 here, and that's why we feel close to each other. We would not have that with new people, and then there would be a lot of pming going on.

I am writing to this guy Nex ( whose nickname drives me insane. apparently , it's from childhood)

I met him in Portland. He was very nice and polite. We have talked on the phone some too. He's kind of hard to talk to , but he tells me to call as often as I can, so we can get to know each other. Then it starts sounding like a game of 20 questions.

Jonathan, I've talked to him tons on the phone . He drives me insane. I never know when he is done talking so it's my turn, and then he accuses me of interrupting him. I know we will at least stay friends though. He's weird, but funny. I am glad I got to meet him, because I would have blown him off if I had only talked to him on the phone.

I am still very bummed about what Rick did. He totally acted like he was my BF for 2 days, then suddenly would not return texts or calls.

I hate this. I would much rather find someone here, but I know what's here. REDNECK HILLBILLYS!

I think we will all do better after the holidays with our eating plans. Please make your fonts bigger because I have old eyes.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Ok, adding... sorry Denise...you are not forgotten...you started this group! We owe you a big thank you!

Skinniness= Dorrie
Feedyoureye= Kim
Sarsar = Sarah
MG2= Sheila
Ccjane = Sheryl
Georgia = Georgia :P
Uk Cathy = Cathy
Swizzly = Dee
Brown= Wanda
Globe= Florinda?? ...GT help!
Susan= Susan

Laura-ven= Laura

Chimera=

Supersweetums= Sheila

Coops= Sue

OrgeonDaisey= Denise

Okay looking at the group members we also have

ilegal and Lisa'sHope and I know Lisa just joined recently. Has anyone been in contact with her and is she still with the plan? I know she has a lot of other health issues currently and I'm wondering if this helped at all with that or if just is on the back burner right now?

DId ilegal ever post here?

Just trying to clean up our list since the discussion is on the table...

Sheila, love the take charge kind of attitude!

Denise, yes, thanks so much for starting this group!

Okay, in in a very happy place this morning. New low this morning and I do believe I am THERE! Well, I'd like to be one more pound down for vanity to be in the 130s! LOL. So thankful for 5:2 lifestyle and the control it has brought to my eating habits. I know all of us have different struggles right now and many of you have made or gotten back to goal while others are still in the journey. I will turn 60 (dear lord, just saying that makes me shudder!) in about 3 weeks and am trying very hard to be as healthy as possible since I am older now and don't have the luxury of TIME!

I know at times I don't feel that I offer much to this group but love being included and really love all of you and your, um, exploits! Merry Christmas!

post-108291-0-88144900-1386945704_thumb.jpg

GEORGIA!!! This is so exciting! I am very happy for you.

OMG, Georgia. Wow just wow. You have rocked this 5:2 thing into the outer atmosphere!

I know at times I don't feel that I offer much to this group but love being included and really love all of you and your, um, exploits! Merry Christmas!

Oh for heavens sakes Georgia! You not contribute?! You are our number one cheer leader girl! Congrats on the goal too.... that is awesome!

Daisy, that kind of sucks; some men are not the best communicators. I think your entire issue is living in the land of men you just don't care for. I would have a tough time finding someone for sure in a small town setting.

Mark - the archectect seems to be an over-communicator but that is just another communcation issue, isn't it? What's with telephone guy? He is not an native english speaker? Isn't it weird he accuses you of cutting him off? Even if you WERE doing that, a man should never be so rude during the flirting phase. Remember, these guys should be trying to impress YOU! Well Daisy, i guess the main thing to remember is you don't need to find a bunch of cool guys, just one, right? He has to be out there.

Georgia - congrats... woo hoo! You contribute alot, but especially inspiration!

I also am one that has never succeeded at maintenance in the past. I feel a need to keep weight management as the CENTER of my life. I know everyone dreams of it becoming a "non issue" but I just don't think that a woman who got to be twice her "normal" size has that luxury. My surgeon told me that years 2-3 are nearly as important as the first year. What happens now is a predictor of my future maintenance success. I don't see this as dieting, but I feel the need to be ever vigilant. So, that for me means being aware and conscious of my lifestyle choices. BTW, many never obese women do the same thing. It is just the formerly obese that think they can just walk away from it and hope to maintain.

Stupid office party today - I hate junk food and I know this crew, there will be lots of it. Family party tomorrow. My oldest son got double booked so he and his Gfriend won't be there. My EX wont be there even though everyone considers him part of the family. My other son will hopefully show up, otherwise I will spend the whole party explaining what the hell happened to my corner of the clan. Big families are a blessing, but they can be a demanding lot if people don't show up as expected... I used to love the holidays, not so much anymore.

So yesterday I had a Protein Drink and that all until 6pm. Then....PARTYTIME!!! Yikes, I went to a Hawaiian theme party given by the local PBS station for people that volunteered in the last year (or 20). Bar with blue hawaiians, and a buffet full of pit smoked meat and a few veggie choices... so the buffet was not too bad.... except the tray of chocolate covered cookies... had a good handful of those... there was a raffle, and Craig won a gift basket of excellent Cookies and brownies...( :):(:):( )

Im going to have to navigate around those this weekend... I came home, had some Protein, went on MFP and ended up around 950 cals... not exactly a fast day.... but could be worse, did not gain... did not lose... :( It was a blast though. Most everyone dressed up in tropical ware... of course Craig and I looked like we just rode in with the Hells Angles.... Oh well! I forgot it was themed! No one there cared! I even got up and did a hula class with some others for group bonding and humiliation!

Edited by feedyoureye

Kim I rocked my fast!! 420 calories!!! That is until my family wanted me to bake Cookies while we trimmed the tree..

They want the "old mom" back this has been their theme since last weekend so baking I did. Two cookies are 160 calories! :o I ate 1 1/2 ..

Our tree looks good though :D

EDIT!! Oh shit! And garlic cheese curds!!

I don't even want to know the calories on those..

Dang! Flipping holidays !

Edited by laura-ven

Wow - I go to bed, go to work and I have pages and pages to get through...lol

So, yea, Coops I'm Sue - but a lot of peeps call me Coops in 'real' life because my surname is Cooper!  Is this a welsh thing?

Sarsar - your pics are beautiful!  You're so petite and I just love you hair - I am trying to grow mine a little but it is so fine!  *sighs*

Re to pooch - yes I had a full TT with muscle repair in March and the pooch is above the scar.  Not sure if it is still swelling as my surgeon said that until the scar is white swelling can continue.  I know it is minimal but it really does bother me... I need to understand that I will never have a Lara Croft body that I crave!

Oh and the legs...lol... I have a lot of muscle in my legs - and often get comments on the but mostly from men!  They often ask me how they are so muscular and what training I do...lol.  I hated them for a while, but I have learnt to love them now!!

Fasting today - going well so far,gonna have Soup for tea to wrap the day up.  

Night on the 'town' tomo = lots of cider and lots of silly dancing!

Edited by coops

Georgia!  Check out that scale reading - wow - lady you certainly are our cheer leader!  I want to be YOU! x

Oh just remember the accent thing - yea Shameless, don't watch it...lol!  I think it is based in the north of England. I have to say, I sound nothing like that - my accent has a welsh lilt.  My hubby is from the north of England and his accent is different to mine...lol! 

I love the accent thing and I can do great impressions...keeps my kids happy for hours!