Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got a new TOTALLY SEXY morning routine that you won't want to miss.

I feel great when I wake up. I get dressed, come downstairs, chew my baby Vitamins, take the puppy out, swallow my Vitamin D, make my shake, swallow my Prilosec, take a few sips of my shake and then it starts...

The rumbling, the grumbling, the overwhelming urge to belch that is so down deep in my belly and throat that will not surface. (This morning I did take a GasX strip to help it along and it worked!)

When I finally work the belch up to the top, it doesn't come out like a lady-like hic-burp, and it doesn't come out like a middle school boy with a soda. It comes out as if I had just shoved my finger down my throat after a night of binge drinking. It's ugly, it's mucous, it's deep and loud. It's preceded by a mouthful of spit that must be spat. Then it occurs again and again. The second and third are usually deeper and are accompanied my a mouthful of really thick saliva. There is no bile, there is really no shake that is coming back up and the pills are staying down. It's not even as if I am hawking a loogie, but it is definitely a mouthful of Gummy saliva as if it's been pooling in my tummy all night. I would say by the fourth burp/retch, I have donated about 1/2 cup of this thick clear Fluid back to the sewer system and then I feel fine to continue on my day.

Of course, by this time, I've only had a few teaspoons of shake and I have no desire for any more. What in the world?

Let me tell you, this morning, it did NOT make for a pleasant drive to drop my kid off at school. Thank GAWD our neighbor was driving her own kid to school. That would have been a horrible thing for her to witness. I am sure the one teacher who saw me retching in the parking lot at school thought I was either pregnant or finishing off an all nighter. I think I need to start carrying a spit cup.

Thoughts?

Well I am no expert but did you consider a blockage? I hear that your esophagus can narrow and cause problems. If it continues I would definitely speak with your surgeon. Best of luck.

Sounds like the 'slimies', but I have NO idea why??? Maybe wait on the Vitamins till you are up for a bit???

I thought about that, but after the morning love-fest with my sink (or the pavement if I am in the car), I feel fine. I can force myself to sip my shake and it stays down just fine. I can sip my juice all day just fine, too. I can swallow yogurt, popsicles, pudding, etc. I just don't WANT to. It's almost as if I have a bellyful of saliva that's accumulated overnight that must be purged before I can continue with my day.

Hmm... Maybe I should weigh myself AFTER the purge instead of before. At least one good thing will come of it.

Sounds like the 'slimies', but I have NO idea why??? Maybe wait on the Vitamins till you are up for a bit???

OHHHHH! Is that what the slimies are? Hmmm.... Maybe I shouldn't take all four at once? I am pretty full after even when I space them out as directed. I didn't even think of that.

Maybe the Vitamins are tough on your new tummy. Maybe try taking them after Breakfast? I take mine before bed. That's just the routine I started long before my sleeve, most vitamins upset my stomach before surgery if i hadn't eaten before taking them.

OHHHHH! Is that what the slimies are? Hmmm.... Maybe I shouldn't take all four at once? I am pretty full after even when I space them out as directed. I didn't even think of that.

Definitely the slimes! I still get it on occasion but Vitamins are the worst. Get some of the chewy ones, they seem to go down easier.

I take the acid medicine first before anything. Sounds like acid reflux. I was like that before surgery. Try that on an empty stomach first then Vitamins later.

Sent from my MB886 using VST

I was told had to take Multivitamins and Calcium at least four hours apart due to absorption. Maybe try this and see if it helps...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I take my B12 first then a few minutes later my pepcid. The rest I take throughout the day so there is not so much stuff rumbling around in my tummy.

Maybe the Vitamins are tough on your new tummy. Maybe try taking them after Breakfast? I take mine before bed. That's just the routine I started long before my sleeve, most Vitamins upset my stomach before surgery if i hadn't eaten before taking them.

I agree, I have to take my vitamins later in the day and I get really nauseous if I take them all at the same time... I divide them up and take them like an hour apart.

Now that y'all mentioned it, this did start around the time I started taking my daily regimen of pills. Called my NP and she said that I should take the acid pill first thing and the Vitamins later to see if that worked. She also said if I was still having trouble, the next thing to try is taking a zyrtec at night. She said that many people have post nasal drip (especially with the high allergens in the air where I live right now), and pre-sleeve is slid right through where now it might be pooling in my tummy.

I will try what y'all advised above before adding another pill to my tummy.

I will also tell my husband that any morning activities are off until this crap stops. No more sexy time until I can be up for an hour without retching sounds fair enough, right?

Slimies are the worst! I take my acid reducer and my Zyrtec first thing with a slug of Vitamin Water, then 1/2 hour later take Carafate (for ulcer) then have to wait an hour before breakfast and Vitamins. Have to take vitamins with food otherwise they come back up...try that! :)