Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If your trying to cheat aiready. Your notvready

You surgeon can only givebyounthe tools to be a success. Yet I've read on here people still trying to cheat or do a easy way out

If your not prepared to change for good why waste the time or money

A surgeon gives rules to follow. People need to stop wondering about other surgeons and follow the your paying for

If you smoker you have no business gettingbthevsleeve. The doctor tells you his for a reason. If you can't stick to a two week pre op diet how do you expect to becacsuccess withbthevsleeve

I wish everyone great success. And a healthy journey. Remember nothing taste as good as thin feels

What? Please provide factual research to support anything you've just said.

I didn't get sleeved to diet the rest of my life. I eat good food, and I eat what I want. I just went on a 3 day backpacking trip, and consumed 3 Hershey bars for energy on the trail. I ate several highly processed foods on that trip to get quick, high calorie counts during that trip. Came back down 4 pounds. My piss was straw colored so don't say I was dehydrated.

Smoking. Several doctors have different points of view on this subject and it's highly debatable. My Dr. told me not to smoke 6 weeks after surgery. Afterwards I was cleared to enjoy a nice cigar or pipe afterwards from time to time. Now I don't smoke all the time, maybe once or twice a month, but there are plenty of people here who do smoke often and haven't had any issues regarding the sleeve. Overall health and lung function is a different story, but you didn't mention anything about that.

It seems like maybe you have no business telling others what to do. What is it about weight loss surgery that gives others the right to barge in and start spreading false statements about things they obviously don't quite understand themselves.

If someone cant follow instructions for 2 weeks how can they possibly work the sleeve. No doctor will ever tell you smoking is good for you especially prior to and healing with the sleeve

Wow. I'm glad your so perfect tlah. We should all learn from your perfect wisdom...and yes I'm being sarcastic. I slipped once in my 20 day liquid preop but guess what, I picked myself up, learned from my mistake and kept going. I've stuck to it and have been sussessful since. This isn't an overnight change...I'm magically a different person! It takes hard work, dedication, and educating yourself on better choices so you can become better yourself. It's a process of change!

My pre-op liquid diet was really difficult for me, but each day got a little easier and a little easier. Which I think will lend itself well for the "after" way of eating. This whole experience is a process and with anything else in life, we learn as we go. I think it was Maya Angelou who said "When you know better, you do better." I'm certainly doing better, even if it's baby steps.

Wow. I'm glad your so perfect tlah. We should all learn from your perfect wisdom...and yes I'm being sarcastic. I slipped once in my 20 day liquid preop but guess what' date=' I picked myself up, learned from my mistake and kept going. I've stuck to it and have been sussessful since. This isn't an overnight change...I'm magically a different person! It takes hard work, dedication, and educating yourself on better choices so you can become better yourself. It's a process of change![/quote']

Its a process you start prio to surgery I never said I was perfect. If you don't finally learn from your past your only deemed to repeat it. These rules are there for your success I wish everyone on this journey great success part if the lifestyle change is to stop making excuses no one is perfect but you can adhere to rules fir a better life

I was 100% ready for this surgery, had to wait a year for it to finally happen. Was put on a 3 week skim milk only diet for my pre op, and hell yes I cheated lol but I still lost 17lbs and shrunk my liver which is the point of the pre op diet. I was sleeved on 2/19/13 and have lost another 35lbs. I am sure I will never stick to the perfect all Protein, 64 oz of Water a day diet, and if I could have I wouldn't have needed this surgery. I have little cheats here and there but absolutely nothing like before. If you think you are going to be so perfect why don't you try the pre op diet and post op with out having the surgery. Good luck. :)

you realize you are talking to people who have had bad connections with food. We cannot be perfect. We have struggled with this food and its emotional connections for our entire lives for some of us and for others for years. You cannot make a general stereo type like you have. if you are going to tell people that they aren't going to succeed add that they shouldn't get the surgery because they can't be perfect other diets that I think you don't belong in the support group. Because this is a SUPPORT group

you realize you are talking to people who have had bad connections with food. We cannot be perfect. We have struggled with this food and its emotional connections for our entire lives for some of us and for others for years. You cannot make a general stereo type like you have. if you are going to tell people that they aren't going to succeed add that they shouldn't get the surgery because they can't be perfect other diets that I think you don't belong in the support group. Because this is a SUPPORT group

And support means not just to say its ok cheat start again tomorrow. Pre op and po directions are there so we will nit have complications and succeed it does no help for people looking for info or support to read about cheating prior to surgery knowing full well that its dangerous. Support is helping each other make it not help them make excuses this is a lifestyle change period. You don't support people taking chances before they are healed or go under the knife now I am not being sarcastic I have right to how I understand it

If you're going to preach perfection, please use the spell check and proofread for grammar. You have no credibility.

If you're going to preach perfection' date=' please use the spell check and proofread for grammar. You have no credibility.[/quote']

I apologize for the spelling im on my phone. Im not preaching perfection we should all follow what our surgeon says period

And support means not just to say its ok cheat start again tomorrow. Pre op and po directions are there so we will nit have complications and succeed it does no help for people looking for info or support to read about cheating prior to surgery knowing full well that its dangerous. Support is helping each other make it not help them make excuses this is a lifestyle change period. You don't support people taking chances before they are healed or go under the knife now I am not being sarcastic I have right to how I understand it

So please explain to me why you are calling people failures and not SUPPORTING them??? You know, you sound a lot like my ex husband. Always negative, never supportive and loved to put people down because he thought he was GOD!

Why would you even start a post about what "you" think other people should or shouldn't do? People are so strange. :blink:

I see where you're coming from but there is a difference between kicking someone down after they make a mistake and picking somebody up after they make a mistake.

weren't you a lap band to vertical sleeve, how would you have felt if no one gave you a second chance. The whole point of this procedure is to change our lives it is to give us a second chance not to rub my mistakes interface

In our face**