Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Denise...are you going to do any PS after your done? I am thinking that once I hit 140, I will go for my consult (SERIOUSLY PRAYING THAT INSURANCE PAYS FOR IT) and lose a few more, then whatever they remove will bring me to 128...

I can't believe I typed that. Can you tell what's on my mind? We should all be 105 . . . a bunch of super skinny super model types.

DAMN, I want to lose some weight. I swear my restriction went away too. I had great restriction for the first 4 or 5 days, but now I feel pretty much like I did before my fill . . .

Denise...are you going to do any PS after your done? I am thinking that once I hit 140, I will go for my consult (SERIOUSLY PRAYING THAT INSURANCE PAYS FOR IT) and lose a few more, then whatever they remove will bring me to 128...

I think that's a sensible plan. Oooo, and you're so close . . .

Damn scale! I feel like I'm doing good but then I look at the scale and I keep seeing the same numbers.

Dorky...I guess put me down for 247lb this week. That's one pound down from last. I'll try to do better this week. I have not made it to the gym in over 2 weeks!!!! My husband's schedule has been crazy and when we are together we have something planned and I can't go. I'm going to have to squeeze in the next 3 days to get in some exercise. I think that's my problem. Plus...I need some major restriction!!! I can eat a whole subway sandwich....and the chips!!

until next time...

But, on the other hand, I am really, really tired of having this chronic pain in my foot all the time. I think I would be alot more active if I didn't have it. And, it would be really nice to have some time off work, although I am still taking my vacation days even if I don't have the surgery.

**But** it has felt better as I lose more weight, so I am hoping if I lose 20 pounds more it will completely heal.

Any thoughts on the matter peeps?

Munchkin - Based on those comments above I would go ahead with the surgery. Weight does play a huge part of what you are feeling but unlike other lower extremity weight problems your foot is probably damaged and weight loss won't fix it. This will totally freak you out but instead of using crutches I would use a rolling walker. You will be so much safer since you are on your own and you don't have to worry about dropping a crutch then falling while trying to pick it up. Crutches are nothing but a way to have another injury while healing from something else. I am NOT an expert and have not seen what your doctor sees but that's just my 2 cents worth - it's worth what you paid for it!

Lap Dancer - I'll be praying for you while you go through the MRI tomorrow and while you start PT Friday. You'll do great.

Sidann-

The doc said I have to be 100% non-weight bearing for a minimum of two weeks, possibly three, so I don't see any way to get around crutches. And yes, I agree, it is just another injury waiting to happen. There are days when my 5 big dogs almost knock me down when I am on two good legs, let alone on crutches! Not to mention I am just clumsy as a general rule, so crutches don't agree with me! The crutches are a huge part of why I don't want the surgery.

Munch, What kind of foot surgery are you supposed to have? I used to have heal spurs really bad, but since losing all this weight I have no pain. And I have been doing the couch to 5k with no probs. Just wondering if it was the same thing and you waited a little bit it might heal itself.?

Bahot-I have really bad planter fasciitis (and a heel spur) in my left heel. I have tried everything-literally. Cortisone shots, stretching, insoles, physical therapy, I even went to the chiropractic colleges PT department and they worked some of the chiro magic on it. (Davenport, Iowa, across the river is home to the world renowned Palmer Chiropractic College, the largest chiro college in the world. I am not a fan of chiropractic, but they helped more than anything else did!)

The doc did an MRI, and the plantar fascia is supposed to be 2-3 mm thick, and mine is about 6-7 mm thick. He basically said nothing would help but surgery. (Which is an absolute last resort.) BUT losing more weight has lessened the pain some. I no longer lie awake at night from the pain, and I can still walk by the end of the weekend at work. (I used to limp horribly by the end of the weekend.)

Awww Mini, what a cutie patootie!!!!!:biggrin:

Bahot-I have really bad planter fasciitis (and a heel spur) in my left heel. I have tried everything-literally. Cortisone shots, stretching, insoles, physical therapy, I even went to the chiropractic colleges PT department and they worked some of the chiro magic on it. (Davenport, Iowa, across the river is home to the world renowned Palmer Chiropractic College, the largest chiro college in the world. I am not a fan of chiropractic, but they helped more than anything else did!)

The doc did an MRI, and the plantar fascia is supposed to be 2-3 mm thick, and mine is about 6-7 mm thick. He basically said nothing would help but surgery. (Which is an absolute last resort.) BUT losing more weight has lessened the pain some. I no longer lie awake at night from the pain, and I can still walk by the end of the weekend at work. (I used to limp horribly by the end of the weekend.)

I have it in both feet and the pain absolutely fluctuates with my weight. Although maybe there is a point where no amount of weight loss will help. But it seems like this might not be the best time for you to do it . . . and since it's not some sort of urgent issue, it doesn't seem like it would hurt to wait. IMHO.

Awww Mini, what a cutie patootie!!!!!:biggrin:

Thanks! He's so much fun. And the fact that I get to give him back to mama when he starts fussing is even better!!

Munch - I still would not use crutches. We put non-weight bearing patients on standard walkers every day (no wheels). I let patients test both items if they are under 50 years old to see if they like one better than another (over 50 it's walker only). Only about 1/3 of them end up choosing crutches and they are men who wouldn't be caught dead with a walker. I had one guy leave on crutches and that afternoon I had him again after he fell racing his son to the car and broke his other ankle. I sent someone else to treat him because I was sure he would be embarrassed. But I saw him when he was leaving the 2nd time and he had a walker. I had not told him originally to use a walker - I just gave him the option so it wasn't a matter of "I told you so." Lots of people use crutches and do just fine. But with your 5 dogs you will need some help for a few days anyway. It's a hard decision whether to have the surgery or not and how to handle things when you get home. I'm sorry you have to face this with everything else going on in your life now too!

Munch - I still would not use crutches. We put non-weight bearing patients on standard walkers every day (no wheels). I let patients test both items if they are under 50 years old to see if they like one better than another (over 50 it's walker only). Only about 1/3 of them end up choosing crutches and they are men who wouldn't be caught dead with a walker. I had one guy leave on crutches and that afternoon I had him again after he fell racing his son to the car and broke his other ankle. I sent someone else to treat him because I was sure he would be embarrassed. But I saw him when he was leaving the 2nd time and he

Ok, this is probably a really blonde question....but how can you be non weight bearing on a walker? Forgive me, I'm just a nurse, not a physical therapist! :biggrin: (Although I was thinking about going through the physical therapy assistant program and doing that as a second job on my days off...)

Munch - I still would not use crutches. We put non-weight bearing patients on standard walkers every day (no wheels). I let patients test both items if they are under 50 years old to see if they like one better than another (over 50 it's walker only). Only about 1/3 of them end up choosing crutches and they are men who wouldn't be caught dead with a walker. I had one guy leave on crutches and that afternoon I had him again after he fell racing his son to the car and broke his other ankle. I sent someone else to treat him because I was sure he would be embarrassed. But I saw him when he was leaving the 2nd time and he

Ok, this is probably a really blonde question....but how can you be non weight bearing on a walker? Forgive me, I'm just a nurse, not a physical therapist! :biggrin: (Although I was thinking about going through the physical therapy assistant program and doing that as a second job on my days off...)

Love your new pic and ticker. The ticker is hilarious. I can't wait to get rid of my granny bloomers.