Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

My aunt did the same thing here...I have been listening to Jason Mraz lately...must say that I dig him too!!!

My knee is severely crunchy still. It grosses me out. But I am not really sure what can be done about it. I had some great supplements that stopped the crunching but I can't crush it, so I stopped taking it. That is the downfall of the band...I wish I could get my old wad of Vitamins down and my other stuff. I just don't feel very good taking a childrens Vitamin.< /p>

Vent here anytime girly!!

I also need a group opinion on my latest dilemma...

I am seriously stressed out about this foot surgery I am supposed to have next week. The thought of being on crutches for two weeks while I am here alone just about kills me. I have no idea how I am going to take care of myself, my house, or five dogs on crutches. I can't even figure out how I am going to feed my dogs twice a day if I am on crutches-I won't be able to fill and carry their food bowls! And it seems a bit impractical to ask my friends and family to come over twice a day for two weeks to help me!

And I am not so whipped about the amount of pay I am going to lose being off that long also. Everybody under the sun wants money from me these days. I just really can't afford to take the time off.

But, on the other hand, I am really, really tired of having this chronic pain in my foot all the time. I think I would be alot more active if I didn't have it. And, it would be really nice to have some time off work, although I am still taking my vacation days even if I don't have the surgery.

**But** it has felt better as I lose more weight, so I am hoping if I lose 20 pounds more it will completely heal.

Any thoughts on the matter peeps?

Hey Munchkin,

I think I'd do the wait and see thing, too. Re-evaluate after you've lost more. Enjoy your vacation days and work out a future "just in case" plan for feeding the puppies and taking care of you if you decide to have the surgery another time.

Hey peeps,

I'm working for the next 2 days, so won't be posting. I'll catch up with you on Friday. I've got to stop checking this board during my shift, hard as it is for me. I am so addicted to this group! So much can happen in a couple days.

Take care!

Well, here is my update. I had lost as much as 15.5 lbs at one point, but TOM destroyed that.:crying: I am now hanging out in the 294ish range, fluctuating sometimes up to 297. So that makes the total right now about 14lbs. It scares me that I may go up past 300 again so I am trying really hard. But I get my first fill next Tuesday so that should help a lot!:lol:

Hey Lotza, it is totally normal to gain weight when you start on solids and before your fill. Really, it is. Your band isn't really working yet (very few people keep restriction just from the band), so it's all you and that's tough. Plus you are still healing and your body is still getting used to this big change. Your first fill should make a huge difference! So no more beating up on yourself, OK? :crying:

Well, I managed to get a fill and GAIN a half pound last week. So my weight is 105.2. Hopefully some of it is "travel fluid". I certainly hope so, because I haven't been eating much of anything.

Okay, now that I am back to my regular internet connection, I'll try to catch up with everyone.

Dorky dork, hope your surgery went well. Post when you can.

Lotza - I totally understand about the ping pong weight thing while you're waiting for you first fill. It will get better. Don't get discouraged.

Munchkin- I think you should hold off on the surgery. It couldn't hurt to wait and see how things go. I'm glad you're talking to the powers-that-be about nurse biotch. In-freakin-credible.

Brandy - welcome back. Wow, 128 would be pretty darned thin . . . .

Lap- glad you're starting physical therapy. That should make a big difference.

Deb-you're getting so close! Woohoo!!

Well, I'm going to download some baby pics and post them. My little guy is such a cutie pie. Being a grammy ROCKS.

Brandy-I forgot to answer your question about my fill. I now have a total of 5 cc's. I think he is a little worried my band is leaking, because I was supposed to have 5 cc's in there and only had 4.8 when he aspirated it. The same thing happened last time I got a fill. I am going back next Monday so we will check on it then. Right now, I don't even feel like I got a fill, so maybe I should have let him put more in!

Shelbi-We will miss you friend!!

I am going to call the corporate compliance guy at the hospital now and see if I can set up a face to face meeting with him in the morning, rather than talk to him over the phone. I will keep everyone posted.

Mini-if you are down to 105, I think you're done, get your band taken out!:Banane37::lol::sleep2::lol: (I know it was a typo, it made me giggle!)

Edited by munchkin392
I made a typo ABOUT a typo...silly me

Mini-if you are down to 105, I think you're done, get your band taken out!:Banane37::lol::sleep2::lol: (I know it was a typo, it made me giggle!)

OMG!!! Talk about a Freudian slip!!! Heehee

But, on the other hand, I am really, really tired of having this chronic pain in my foot all the time. I think I would be alot more active if I didn't have it. And, it would be really nice to have some time off work, although I am still taking my vacation days even if I don't have the surgery.

**But** it has felt better as I lose more weight, so I am hoping if I lose 20 pounds more it will completely heal.

Any thoughts on the matter peeps?

Munchkin - Based on those comments above I would go ahead with the surgery. Weight does play a huge part of what you are feeling but unlike other lower extremity weight problems your foot is probably damaged and weight loss won't fix it. This will totally freak you out but instead of using crutches I would use a rolling walker. You will be so much safer since you are on your own and you don't have to worry about dropping a crutch then falling while trying to pick it up. Crutches are nothing but a way to have another injury while healing from something else. I am NOT an expert and have not seen what your doctor sees but that's just my 2 cents worth - it's worth what you paid for it!

Lap Dancer - I'll be praying for you while you go through the MRI tomorrow and while you start PT Friday. You'll do great.

Denise...hey fellow MILF (BTW, my sons are SO grossed out at this!)...how tall are you? I am 5'6" and am aiming for 128. Tom told me the same thing. That still makes me have to lose 28 pounds.

Has anyone else considered joining WW? I am tossing it around, that way I am accountable every week to someone in person...

Brandy, I am 5'4". It sucks because with the goal weight I had set I only had 11 more pounds to lose, now I have to lose another 20. Oh well, I just want to look and feel good and I am already half way there.

I started LA Weight Loss, beofre the band and I go in once a week to weigh in, and just to be accountable to someone other than myself. The bummer is they are closing Sept 29 for good (in Colorado). So I will have to figure something else out at that point. Maybe WW would be a good option.

BTW, my 16 year old is grossed out by MILF too!!!!

Munch, What kind of foot surgery are you supposed to have? I used to have heal spurs really bad, but since losing all this weight I have no pain. And I have been doing the couch to 5k with no probs. Just wondering if it was the same thing and you waited a little bit it might heal itself.?